Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Well a few on here are done with Newcastle if it doesn’t go through by Friday, bet they aren’t  :lol:

It’s not happening this week , possibly not even next week , torture.

Guest chopey

They probably all playing FM when they should be working, like the rest of us.

I'm Hearts, 3 points behind Rangers with 6 games to go, just got knocked out of the cup at the Semi-Final stage by Championship St Mirren

When people say the PL are busy sorting out the return of football as a priority ahead of the takeover, you can tell they're under the Ashley years doctrine of thinking every large organisation has a max of two senior officials running it and can therefore only deal with one thing at a time. :lol:

Yeah  :lol:

Pretty sure they have different departments fully staffed and qualified in their respective roles.

Exactly - Caulkin spoke about an "unexpected delay" - hardly lack of staff due to Covid.

Guest neesy111

When people say the PL are busy sorting out the return of football as a priority ahead of the takeover, you can tell they're under the Ashley years doctrine of thinking every large organisation has a max of two senior officials running it and can therefore only deal with one thing at a time. :lol:

Pretty sure they have different departments fully staffed and qualified in their respective roles.

Exactly - Caulkin spoke about an "unexpected delay" - hardly lack of staff due to Covid.

You's lot are living on a different planet.  Do you think the PL has a whole department dedicated to just takeovers?

On a Mark Douglas tweet I read this morning about the digital town hall, one bloke was quite angrily dismissive of it, essentially saying it wasn't a true cross section of fans, it was just folks whose telephone numbers are known.

I personally thought it was respectful and well done (albeit there was no actual debate or way to answer questions) and thought on the whole it captured the thoughts of some decent folk.

The rest of my fellow forum members are way more knowledgeable than I am, did this Angry Twitter Random have a point? If so, which aspects of the fan base were not represented?

On a Mark Douglas tweet I read this morning about the digital town hall, one bloke was quite angrily dismissive of it, essentially saying it wasn't a true cross section of fans, it was just folks whose telephone numbers are known.

I personally thought it was respectful and well done (albeit there was no actual debate or way to answer questions) and thought on the whole it captured the thoughts of some decent folk.

The rest of my forum members are way more knowledgeable than I am, did this Angry Twitter Random have a point? If so, which aspects of the fan base were not represented?

I think I have an idea who that might be. Soopafans gutted they weren’t involved. I thought it was great tbh - a farcry from the Twitter gobshites I have in mind.

Aren't Man City owned my a sovereign wealth fund in part. I'm sure I read somewhere that their resources were similar to PIF (300bn odd) are just just showing Mansours wealth for dramatic effect there?

The rest of my forum members are way more knowledgeable than I am, did this Angry Twitter Random have a point? If so, which aspects of the fan base were not represented?

I think I have an idea who that might be. Soopafans gutted they weren’t involved. I thought it was great tbh - a farcry from the Twitter gobshites I have in mind.

I don't tend to get into Twitter properly. If someone is involved in a subject I am interested in then I will check their tweets (eg Caulkin, Douglas etc) but I don't tend to get into any deep discussions on it so only have fleeting interaction with other twitter users.

I'm totally shite at twitter :D

As I said a while back, there is no way the Premier League will reject it. It's massive exposure for the league at a time when sport is at a complete standstill not to mention they'll have their arses sued by three different groups!

Patience people! We've been DESPERATE for nearly 12 years to get rid of this pig so an extra week or whenever won't harm us!

Not to mention I'd guess pressure from Government not to ostracise the Saudi regime which is looking to invest at a time like this.

The amount of research and documentation involved will be insane: adverse media checks, politically-exposed persons reports, financial crime, reviewing the commercial structure and track record of each legal entity involved...we know much of this is highly relevant in this bid.

Hence the PL will be asking for further info and detailed mitigation on a lot of this. They will be taking legal and government advice. Its a significant undertaking especially as most parties have probably got bigger fish to fry right now.

Politically exposed persons and adverse media will be the PL's main concern, but ultimately money talks and if they get sufficient assurances they will give the green light, especially in the absence of any real government backing. With the heightened scrutiny and opposition, they will want to ensure the process is a rigorous and comprehensive as it can be within the rules , short of actually blocking it.

My opinion.

You's lot are living on a different planet.  Do you think the PL has a whole department dedicated to just takeovers?

Do you think that would constitute an "unexpected" delay, that they only found out about last week?

You lot are living on a different planet  :lol:

It seems to all boil down to how reliable his sources are.

It doesn't really bare thinking about about what happened 2 1/2 years ago.

His source is almost certainly Stavely or someone very close to her, considering he’s the one journalist who interviewed her.

It seems to all boil down to how reliable his sources are.

It doesn't really bare thinking about about what happened 2 1/2 years ago.

His source is almost certainly Stavely or someone very close to her, considering he’s the one journalist who interviewed her.

Yep, it was last time also though. She led him to believe she was going to buy us, then the next thing was Ashley's "timewaster" statement.

I hope its a happier ending this time.

At what point have I, or indeed anyone who quoted and replied to my post, said that?