Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Can I make a request?

Can people who want to discuss the politics of Saudi Arabia do so in either the politics or Saudi Arabia thread?

This has been a long going discussion on this thread. Once it ends, a few days or so later it crops again.

This thread is supposed to be about the takeover. It is well established that some fans are welcoming the takeover without taking any notice of the domestic and foreign politics of Saudi Arabia, and even the UK. Some are very conflicted, happy on one hand for the club and their city, unhappy when question their politics, and some are unhappy totally.

I don’t think we are going to get in a position where anyone’s opinions is going to change anytime soon, we are essentially just going round in circles. Can we not just leave it and accept others have a difference of opinion, either inside this thread or in the wider world.

Can we get back to discussing the actual details of the takeover, people’s hopes and ambitions etc?

nufc.com saying it's a done deal.

"We understand that the much-heralded purchase of Newcastle United by a consortium comprising the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers will be ratified and announced before next weekend. That will follow the granting of formal approval of the deal by the Premier League - a process that has taken around five weeks, due in part to controversy over the Saudi involvement and efforts to restart the season."

There’s gonna be crossover like. I don’t see the problem in talking about it. I get the positivity thread being a thing but it’s as if people want to ignore this. 100 people make the same point 100 times a day on 100 topics. It’s just what happens.

"We understand that the much-heralded purchase of Newcastle United by a consortium comprising the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers will be ratified and announced before next weekend. That will follow the granting of formal approval of the deal by the Premier League - a process that has taken around five weeks, due in part to controversy over the Saudi involvement and efforts to restart the season."

Was just about to post this.

Can’t wait until it is official.

They wouldn’t say that unless they’d been given the nod by a contact. Pretty significant IMO.

Guest godzilla

They wouldn’t say that unless they’d been given the nod by a contact. Pretty significant IMO. Something has happened for them to post that I would say.

They have been pouring cold water on it all the way through and basically not commenting on it much at all.

They wouldn’t say that unless they’d been given the nod by a contact. Pretty significant IMO.

They have been pouring cold water on it all the way through and basically not commenting on it much at all.

I think, like everybody else, they were just sick of all the false dawns, and as they probably didn’t have any first hand info they just really stated the bare minimum. So for them to now say it’s done, they must have been told by someone in a position to know.

Guest godzilla

Why would they know more than anyone else?

Not being a t***, just genuinely interested.

They have been pretty good over the years at getting updates about signings and such and for them to actually come out and say that is pretty significant. They are usually the first to rubbish things also. They must have some contacts I would imagine.

Guest godzilla

I think, like everybody else, they were just sick of all the false dawns, and as they probably didn’t have any first hand info they just really stated the bare minimum. So for them to now say it’s done, they must have been told by someone in a position to know.

:thup:

Not being a twat, just genuinely interested.

I think they’ve definitely got a contact within the club at a lower level. Often getting reports on BCD Reserve or junior matches.

Could be that club staff have been told?

They have been pretty good over the years at getting updates about signings and such and for them to actually come out and say that is pretty significant. They are usually the first to rubbish things also. They must have some contacts I would imagine.

Signings is one thing but the purchase of a club, with NDA's etc, are they likely to have a contact that high up and in such a tight circle of people who are genuinely involved ?

Guest godzilla

Signings is one thing but the purchase of a club, with NDA's etc, are they likely to have a contact that high up and in such a tight circle of people who are genuinely involved ?

Couldn't tell you they may have contact high up or may not have. One thing I do know is they don't usually post stuff unless they think it's correct. Time will tell but I personally think it's pretty significant. As I said earlier they have poured cold water on takeover talk pretty much all the way through.

Couldn't tell you they may contact high up or may not have. One thing I do know is they don't usually post stuff unless they think it's correct. Time will tell but I personally think it's pretty significant. As I said earlier they have poured cold water on takeover talk pretty much all the way through.

We can but hope :thup:

Could feel like another long week.