Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Got to be some sick petty individuals who want to ruin the hopes and dreams of hundreds of thousands of people and leave us with Ashley after 13 years of him. All over something as inconsequential as this

:lol: who? The Qataris? They don’t give a flying fuck about either the fans or Mike Ashley. It doesn’t even factor into their calculations.

Some of the suicide comments on here because of one daft story lacking detail and depth. This mob oversaw the purchase of Man City. Are representing a super rich country. The legal team will have all this closed down. It’s happening. There are no showstoppers. The main delay issue has been Coronavirus, nothing else.

The tests are against the owners are they not? PIF are a  separate legal entity to Arabasat which is a pan Arabian organisation going by their wiki with SA being the largest shareholder (not owned by PIF)  How can the alleged crimes of one separate legal entity be used against another separate legal entity?

Edit: Just saw the solicitors tweet above.

How on earth does any of that have anything to do with them being able to take over a football club anyway man. Just seems people are clutching at straws desperately not wanting us to have anything good. Spiteful people

I literally don’t see how anything has really changed. The evidence of their involvement has been there since day one. It seems like a last minute scare story to me. Even the story itself says it’s still going to go through this week.

Got to be some sick petty individuals who want to ruin the hopes and dreams of hundreds of thousands of people and leave us with Ashley after 13 years of him. All over something as inconsequential as this

:lol: who? The Qataris? They don’t give a flying f*** about either the fans or Mike Ashley. It doesn’t even factor into their calculations.

n

So what's their issue then to be sending shit like this in something that's none of their business

How do other takeovers play out? I swear they just end up happening. Why is everything so fucking weird with Newcastle? Why can’t it be normal.

Imagine if was rejected before being accepted (similar to Southampton). It'd be carnage.

I literally don’t see how anything has really changed. The evidence of their involvement has been there since day one. It seems like a last minute scare story to me. Even the story itself says it’s still going to go through this week.

They are saying this evidence shows a direct link to them, not supposed involvement but direct.

The tests are against the owners are they not? PIF are a  separate legal entity to Arabasat which is a pan Arabian organisation going by their wiki with SA being the largest shareholder (not owned by PIF)  How can the alleged crimes of one separate legal entity be used against another separate legal entity?

Yup. Again, the PL are not a court of law, they can't just overturn this in contradiction to a previous court ruling without evidence that they'd be absolutely certain would hold up this time in court, as that's where they would ultimately end up. Rejecting this on the basis of PIF being involved directly in piracy would be a massive and damaging allegation on their behalf, I really can't see them going down that route.

:lol: who? The Qataris? They don’t give a flying f*** about either the fans or Mike Ashley. It doesn’t even factor into their calculations.

n

So what's their issue then to be sending shit like this in something that's none of their business

Their grievance is with the Saudis. NUFC just happens to be the club in question. I can promise you that they don’t care either way about Newcastle fans or their happiness. They’re not maliciously trying to fuck us over.

Edit: Just saw the solicitors tweet above.

How on earth does any of that have anything to do with them being able to take over a football club anyway man. Just seems people are clutching at straws desperately not wanting us to have anything good. Spiteful people

I think this will still go through despite the best efforts of vested interests trying to scupper it solely due to the fact Arabsat cannot be linked to PIF.

They are saying this evidence shows a direct link to them, not supposed involvement but direct.

I highly highly doubt that is new information. Just all of a sudden come to light days before a takeover is due to go through. It will all have been a part of the french criminal investigation.

I just don’t buy it.

Plus, the two journalists saying it are STILL saying it’s expected to go through this week regardless.

n

the fact that someone in saudi arabia has been blatantly stealing their stuff and re transmitting it? And while no one here can say for certain the government was involved at some level they seemed to at least ignore its existence officially despite many protests against it including from the premier league itself. Throw in the fact SA has been leading a coalition of nations in the region currently (I think) having an economic war with Qatar and yeah I can see why they'd be irritated by this

How do other takeovers play out? I swear they just end up happening. Why is everything so fucking weird with Newcastle? Why can’t it be normal.

Because most takeovers are tin pot takeovers. This would make us by far and away the richest club in the world and BeIn Sports stand to be ruined when TV rights come up for bidding.

Guest godzilla

They said that in the French court also and didn't win the case

I'm still of the opinion they will have expected this lot to come up, and hopefully well prepared for it.

Me too. It'll be watertight as fuck, and as much as these endless "in a week" delays are tedious and frustrating, I still feel confident it'll get done.

They said that in the French court also and didn't win the case

Yep exactly. It’s a last minute scare story. Last throw of the dice.

If you think it through logically... the buyers are still saying they’re confident, the PL definitely won’t be sharing info with journalists, so this story is coming from whoever is trying to derail it.

Guest The Little Waster

Surely theres a cut off point for ' new ' information ? Otherwise these gits could just resubmit this shite ten different ways till the end of time . The PL has to get to a point where it just tells them to FO