Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Absolutely mental that anyone would come to these conclusions.

I'm convinced this will fall through.

Convinced by what?

You're not. You think it will fall through because it's the most Newcastle thing to happen, which isn't based on anything going on right now.

Its the drip feeding of stuff that is deliberate and frustrating.  I think the Qatari's know what they are doing here and want to promulgate as much negativity to this as possible

Yep. They know it’s pretty much going to happen, just causing as much shite as possible. The bidding war for the TV rights should be interesting

You've put up with Mike Ashley for over 13 years at this point :lol: even if it's another 13 days just calm down, stockpile more #cans and #wait

Nobody's bothered about waiting, we're bothered about it falling through.

The longer it goes on for, the more likely that is to happen. At this stage, with the new information from yesterday, it's fairly likely.

Exactly. There is obviously some reason why it hasn't been approved yet, there is clearly something they aren't happy with.

Convinced by what?

You're not. You think it will fall through because it's the most Newcastle thing to happen, which isn't based on anything going on right now.

Well aside from us, nobody wants it. Literally every other club, pundit and fan wants this to fail. Not because its us, but because they don't want another rich club and because they genuinely don't want the Saudis involved in the league either.

The piracy concerns are genuine, and that could put a spanner in the works depending on what has been handed to the PL. Likewise, the Sheff Utd conflict of interests thing could be used against us. It's pretty fucking obvious that if the PL want to block this, there's some ammunition around for them to do so. And they will be under enormous pressure from all the people listed above to do just that.

I think our only hope was that it went through quickly. Now that it hasn't and that furore has gathered around it in all quarters, I think our chances diminish every day. And those days keep ticking by.

I'd be delighted to be wrong, utterly overjoyed. But I am at this stage convinced this will fall flat on its face, yet another in our catalogue of times something nice nearly happened. :lol: So yeah a tiny bit "Most Newcastle thing to happen", but largely based on what I'm observing. This will fail.

You've put up with Mike Ashley for over 13 years at this point :lol: even if it's another 13 days just calm down, stockpile more #cans and #wait

Nobody's bothered about waiting, we're bothered about it falling through.

The longer it goes on for, the more likely that is to happen. At this stage, with the new information from yesterday, it's fairly likely.

Exactly. There is obviously some reason why it hasn't been approved yet, there is clearly something they aren't happy with.

Or their product broadcast to hundreds of millions is in disarray because of a global pandemic.

Why would a longer period of time make it more likely to fall through? If they desired to bin it off then that's pretty easy to do no need to drag it out.

Because as time goes by, they're getting more "evidence" sent to them. Some of that will be utter bullshit, but some of it might stick. More time passing is a bad thing because there's more chance of something genuinely damaging landing with the PL.

Not suggesting this would happen or would be at all a good idea.  Just burning time.  What would happen if they just decided to transfer the ownership of the club without waiting for the result?  Transferring ownership is a legal legal issue so the premier league can not block it.  I guess they could kick us out of the league? 

I know this is a stupid idea and I'm not suggesting it.  I'm just curious.  The only reason I started thinking about it was this line - "When a club intends to appoint a new director, or complete a takeover, they must inform the Premier League at least ten working days before the director is anticipated to be appointed".  We've done that right?  It's not really our fault they've pissed around for 4-5 weeks.

Convinced by what?

Well aside from us, nobody wants it. Literally every other club, pundit and fan wants this to fail. Not because its us, but because they don't want another rich club and because they genuinely don't want the Saudis involved in the league either.

The piracy concerns are genuine, and that could put a spanner in the works depending on what has been handed to the PL. Likewise, the Sheff Utd conflict of interests thing could be used against us. It's pretty fucking obvious that if the PL want to block this, there's some ammunition around for them to do so. And they will be under enormous pressure from all the people listed above to do just that.

I think our only hope was that it went through quickly. Now that it hasn't and that furore has gathered around it in all quarters, I think our chances diminish every day. And those days keep ticking by.

I'd be delighted to be wrong, utterly overjoyed. But I am at this stage convinced this will fall flat on its face, yet another in our catalogue of times something nice nearly happened. :lol: So yeah a tiny bit "Most Newcastle thing to happen", but largely based on what I'm observing. This will fail.

These are all genuine concerns, despite the majority laughing at anyone expressing these views. As you say, time will tell.

Convinced by what?

These are all genuine concerns, despite the majority laughing at anyone expressing these views. As you say, time will tell.

The Government want it and I'd guess for financial reasons the Premier League want it. Some of the clubs probably don't so where does the power lie.

Guest Howaythetoon

Are the people in here who still are 100% confident this will pass, genuinely not at all concerned that this could be rejected?

Not one bit :thup:

consider this theory a person definitely not high just came up with - beIN are useful puppets here, designed to drive SA into purchasing broadcasting rights at exorbitant prices as revenge for this petty time-wasting.

Guest chopey

This cant fall through because of dodgy tv streams, all the countries in have visited for my hols over the past 20 year have bars full of them

Are the people in here who still are 100% confident this will pass, genuinely not at all concerned that this could be rejected?

Jesus, yes man, everyone is concerned this could fail, of course we all are. You're such a worrier though, everything is doom and gloom!

We'll all be gutted because we're on the cusp of something incredible for this club and potentially the city as well. Sometimes it's best to ignore the news or forum for a day or so for a mental break, it's very taxing and so many knickers are getting twisted and beds dampened.

I'm literally 100% confident this is happening. Just a waiting game.

I'm frustrated by the time it's taking, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely happening like.

Jesus, yes man, everyone is concerned this could fail, of course we all are. You're such a worrier though, everything is doom and gloom!

We'll all be gutted because we're on the cusp of something incredible for this club and potentially the city as well. Sometimes it's best to ignore the news or forum for a day or so for a mental break, it's very taxing and so many knickers are getting twisted and beds dampened.

Worried is probably the wrong word, I just want to know either way to be honest.