Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I bet if it was Man U they were buying it would have been done and dusted by now.  It's like an exclusive club and they want to keep it that way

Thats my paranoid feeling as well

There's also a fair chance it is true. Certain highly regarded PL clubs are like royalty, therefore different rules will naturally apply.

The new evidence could even be something the premier league have asked for or are waiting on from someone else. They may well have found something they don’t like and have been awaiting new evidence to confirm or deny it.

We filthy rich yet?

Still just catflap

... please I'm begging you, no I'm threatening you, if you don't shut up I'm gonna cut your head off. Shove it in the microwave, wait until it goes ping, mash it up with a bit of milk and butter and ram it up your backside. SO JUST SHUT UP! :lol:

Knowing our luck, he probably has metal braces.

Guest Butcher

I bet if it was Man U they were buying it would have been done and dusted by now.  It's like an exclusive club and they want to keep it that way

There's also a fair chance it is true. Certain highly regarded PL clubs are like royalty, therefore different rules will naturally apply.

Based on what exactly?

So, based on the highlighted part of this FA rule, pretty much any excuse could stop a potential takeover if the board of the FA decide their opinion is reasonable:

F.1.6: 'In the reasonable opinion of the board, he has engaged in conduct outside the United Kingdom that would constitute an offence of the sort described in Rules F.1.5.2 or F.1.5.3 if such conduct had taken place in the United Kingdom, whether or not such conduct resulted in a conviction.'

People wonder why these things take time. That point there is all based on the opinion on the board, not a cold hard fact. If it's about opinions these things will be discussed at great length.

Anyone know how many people at the PL will be involved in this ?

No its not "the opinion on the board" there are things which are illegal in this country which aren't in other countries, that's what is meant by the no conviction bit as it would lead to a conviction here but not in some places elsewhere.

Isn't the point of the test that's its against the owners and directors which would be PIF, PCP, and the Reuben brothers.

PIF is it's own legal entity, we wouldn't be directly owned by the Saudi state or Royalty but rather an investment vehicle. So the  criteria should be against the directors of PIF. MBS is chairman of PIf so not sure if he gets assessed but could you imagine the fallout if the PL said he wasn't plus none of allegations can be directly linked to him.

How can alleged human rights abuses by the Saudi government be linked to PIF? How can alledged piracy i.e. BeOutQ and Arabsat be linked to PIF? How can PIF be shown to be able to influence the prince that owns Sheffield United.

MBS is the chairman of PIF like :lol:

it's pretty straightforward tbh

Based on what exactly?

Based on the royal family being described as blue blooded, and getting quite a few perks that the rest of us can never have.

One of the problems is that a lot of the confidence in the takeover send to have come from bullishness from the buyers side, but they're hardly ever going to say will maybe we're not fit and proper owners are they. Nobody knows if the league are seriously considering rejecting the takeover, are just trying to sweat some concessions out of them or just trying to be legally covered thoroughly before agreeing it. It'll surely happen i don't believe the league have any desire to turn away massive investment especially when a lot will be scaling back but i don't think it's totally impossible they will say no either

One of the problems is that a lot of the confidence in the takeover send to have come from bullishness from the buyers side, but they're hardly ever going to say will maybe we're not fit and proper owners are they. Nobody knows if the league are seriously considering rejecting the takeover, are just trying to sweat some concessions out of them or just trying to be legally covered thoroughly before agreeing it. It'll surely happen i don't believe the league have any desire to turn away massive investment especially when a lot will be scaling back but i don't think it's totally impossible they will say no either

They have a good idea whether they’ll pass it though. It’s not a submit and wait kind of test...they speak with the PL regularly and supply them with everything they need and converse on any issues. If the buyers are still very confident, then that would be a sign that nothing too worrying has cropped up.

They have a good idea whether they’ll pass it though. It’s not a submit and wait kind of test...they speak with the PL regularly and supply them with everything they need and converse on any issues. If the buyers are still very confident, then that would be a sign that nothing too worrying has cropped up.

or a poker face.

Yeah but I'm not sure they would publicly say if there were big issues, say if there league said we are really concerned about influence over Sheffield United, which seems like they have, the buyers can submit their evidence and say they will not influence them but they aren't go to caulkin and go not sure if they believed us!

Yeah but I'm not sure they would publicly say if there were big issues, say if there league said we are really concerned about influence over Sheffield United, which seems like they have, the buyers can submit their evidence and say they will not influence them but they aren't go to caulkin and go not sure if they believed us!

They also wouldn’t tell Caulkin likely timescales by your logic? Which they have throughout.

Guest godzilla

They would then just say nothing though surely and just wait for the process to finish before feeding stuff.

So if you believe the ronny gill and these documents haven’t come from bein, it would be interesting to know who has. It could be British broadcasters, la Liga, human rights lawyers digging for shit or even clubs within prem desperate to stop this.

My main concern is the league is stalling this decision in the hope they get that bit of evidence to block this, time will tell but my feeling is the decision will be based purely on which outcome creates the least s#%t storm for them.

My main concern is the league is stalling this decision in the hope they get that bit of evidence to block this

Theres no evidence of that at all though. We were told it could take up to 4 weeks for these checks, and even then that time scale is in normal circumstances. Given what the PL are dealing with at the minute with project restart it could just be taking longer than usual. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, I think we're just winding ourselves up on here every day there is no confirmation. My advice would be just keep patient and see what the next week or two brings.

Guest Carrick18

Was there ever a definitive agreement on when the tests started? I felt like I heard everything from the 9th until the 14th of April.

Isn't the point of the test that's its against the owners and directors which would be PIF, PCP, and the Reuben brothers.

PIF is it's own legal entity, we wouldn't be directly owned by the Saudi state or Royalty but rather an investment vehicle. So the  criteria should be against the directors of PIF. MBS is chairman of PIf so not sure if he gets assessed but could you imagine the fallout if the PL said he wasn't plus none of allegations can be directly linked to him.

How can alleged human rights abuses by the Saudi government be linked to PIF? How can alledged piracy i.e. BeOutQ and Arabsat be linked to PIF? How can PIF be shown to be able to influence the prince that owns Sheffield United.

MBS is the chairman of PIF like :lol:

it's pretty straightforward tbh

Yeah, but a chairman doesnt make executive decisions like a director so he may be exempt from checks.