Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Think HTT has said every day bar two of them over the last 2 month. Fling enough shite and something might stick.

Why do i always feel good during the day about the takeover, then something/someone always comes along to spoil my evening and my sleeping patterns...could you not have waited to tell us this during the day to spoil my day instead of my evening :sad:

Paper headlines for the next day cause panic at night, Caulkin and Shell calm everyone down the next day. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

Right I’m going to sleep all evening and enjoy my day of positive takeover vibes before going back to bed at teatime...shampoo,rinse,repeat

utLQoab808gU7uuKE90ytlu8EVPJD6RAQYUYOAMBfa4qL2ueZU_oAQ5N8QZZh1ER04JQeRU

Guest Howaythetoon

Think HTT has said every day bar two of them over the last 2 month. Fling enough shite and something might stick.

All I know, and I guarantee this, this deal will happen very soon, nothing in the media/what Wallsendmag says will prevent this going through, nothing!

I’ll bet anyone on here £200 :thup:

Any takers...?

The same paper saying it’s all up in the air. :lol:

Teasing us with names of players we'll buy ....IF the takeover goes through.  It's all one big wind-up.

All I know, and I guarantee this, this deal will happen very soon, nothing in the media/what Wallsendmag says will prevent this going through, nothing!

Any takers...?

I’ll take this on a charity basis. Solely as an emotional hedge - more than happy to give up £200 if this goes thru.

Close out date of 15/6? Gives six weeks from now

Guest godzilla

Hearing from who?

The same person who told me Steve McClaren had already agreed to be the next NUFC manager 3 months before he got the job. Stuck £100 on him @ 12/1. Happy days.

Wait he agreed to take the job 3 months before he did, yet turned it down for the last 3 games of the season a month and a half before he finally took the job? Aye nae bother :lol:

A few of us won a lot of money from information we were given about McClaren! Let's see what happens here now. It'll be out in the open by the weekend.

It was no surprised to anyone Newcastle wanted him. They tried twice already and after derby sacked him it was obvious they’d try again. Big fuckin deal.

Was a surprise to the bookies. He was way down in the betting.

Was not a surprise with the fans that's for sure and I'm pretty sure he was one of the favourites. Media were reporting the club was after him a few months before he was appointed; and even wanted him to come in before the end of the previous season to stay off the relegation threat.

Any takers...?

I’ll take this on a charity basis. Solely as an emotional hedge - more than happy to give up £200 if this goes thru.

6 weeks! Canny generous..

Any takers...?

It would be the sweetest £200 I’d ever lost.

Hearing from who?

The same person who told me Steve McClaren had already agreed to be the next NUFC manager 3 months before he got the job. Stuck £100 on him @ 12/1. Happy days.

Wait he agreed to take the job 3 months before he did, yet turned it down for the last 3 games of the season a month and a half before he finally took the job? Aye nae bother :lol:

A few of us won a lot of money from information we were given about McClaren! Let's see what happens here now. It'll be out in the open by the weekend.

Let's be ridiculous and pretend you're telling the truth - why would a source who is close enough to NUFC's current board to know who they wanted as a manager, also be close enough to the internal committee at the premier league who are making this decision?

Any takers...?

It would be the sweetest £200 I’d ever lost.

Tru dat.

The same Steve McLaren who was sacked from the Derby job three weeks before he took the NUFC job? Nice of Derby to make it so easy for us and pay his contract up rather than ask for compensation ?

Don't believe me if you don't want to. Makes no odds to me mate. McClaren was sounded out about the NUFC job long before he took it.

Anyone who has link with that era with the new buyers we are doomed. So i am not saying he didnt tell you this but it is all BS

Eh?

Hearing from who?

Let's be ridiculous and pretend you're telling the truth - why would a source who is close enough to NUFC's current board to know who they wanted as a manager, also be close enough to the internal committee at the premier league who are making this decision?

Well its probably not a closed process since we’ve already been told it includes dialogue with the buying party and them answering questions and providing more information.

So they might have got a feeling its not going through / been told that. And informed the club.

Not saying I believe any of that :lol:

It’ll be in the hands of the lawyers. The PL’s legal/compliance departments asking for info from the buyers, but will be in contact with whoever Staveley is using, and then they will be in contact with the legal teams of the Reubens and PIF separately.

I’d imagine Staveley is getting on with her life until she gets the call from her side to say it’s going ahead, but with so many different players it’s probably taking quite a while. I’m sure she’s getting updates on a daily or every second day basis.

At the end of the day, the PL can only act within the guidelines of their own rule book. It hasn’t changed yet so they could be in quite a lot of bother if they turned this down without good cause.

My hunch is that the restart date or if at all debacle is probably taking up most of their resources at the moment and would present a far more serious legal implications than this deal happening.

As GC has said, he’s been told there have been no red flags.. and that’s after nearly 5 weeks of this process happening..

I’m sure it’s close.

PL has a lot on their plate for sure. Also think they know the optics. Either way the more time they take the more it looks like they are taking it very seriously. Tedium.

Daily Mail now rehashing more crap (thats been floating around today) about 10 clubs grouping together to block the sale. Let it end. I am sure the PL want it done and out the way as quickly as possible at this point.