Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

My take on today:

PIF and JV1 are in Newcastle right now. No other reason why a plane would make that Saudi - London - Newcastle - Saudi flight. I reckon plane went home empty having dropped the required personnel off. There was going to need to be some sort of physical transfer.

I do not believe for one second that events at Sheffield Utd are coincidental. I’d imagine a box needed to get ticked and Al Saud complied. But it would be folly to publicly admit to this.

That ITK about PR being called in sounds legit to me.

All in all this is happening and I think we are ahead of where the media think we are.

Say the deal is officially approved over the weekend, say Monday or Tuesday at the latest, the payment part will take a few days so it’s quite likely it will run into the next week. Am totally confident it’s happening now so I don’t mind the wait anymore.

My take on today:

PIF and JV1 are in Newcastle right now. No other reason why a plane would make that Saudi - London - Newcastle - Saudi flight. I reckon plane went home empty having dropped the required personnel off. There was going to need to be some sort of physical transfer.

I do not believe for one second that events at Sheffield Utd are coincidental. I’d imagine a box needed to get ticked and Al Saud complied. But it would be folly to publicly admit to this.

All in all this is happening and I think we are ahead of where the media think we are.

Why would they need to come to Newcastle in your scenario ? I'm with you in that I think its happening but I dont get why anyone would need to physically come here ?

Say the deal is officially approved over the weekend, say Monday or Tuesday at the latest, the payment part will take a few days so it’s quite likely it will run into the next week. Am totally confident it’s happening now so I don’t mind the wait anymore.

Its gonna be the 26th. My Birthday........and I'm working.

My take on today:

Why would they need to come to Newcastle in your scenario ? I'm with you in that I think its happening but I dont get why anyone would need to physically come here ?

Two reasons:

1. Physical collection of property. I’d imagine there is an emotional attachment and won’t feel real or like they can get properly started unless they establish some physical space for themselves at the club.

2. Ego. As seen in a few documentaries about super rich from that part of the world they like to show off their new toys amongst themselves and this is as big as they come.

My take on today:

Publicity? Press shots?

My take on today:

Who or what is PR? What is this? I've missed this one.

My take on today:

Just the Public Relations dept I'm guessing, maybe to do a press briefing of some sort. Either that or Paul Robinson is coming out of retirement as cover for Dubravka.

Guest godzilla

It's on the Forbes Middle East so I presume although it's part of Forbes, the news etc. is different as it relates directly to the that part of the world

My take on today:

Post-Ramadan : when our bright new future begins ?

My take on today:

Publicity? Press shots?

Don’t think so. Highly doubt Staveley, The Reubens or anyone from PIF will be basing their office there.

I read something about them looking to employ a few directors with experience. Expect an Ian Ayre/Garry Cook type to come in and look to increase commercial revenue.

Then there’ll be a director of football. Someone to bring in the names that a coach approves/deliver the strategy that the owners want.

They’ll probably bring in someone new to do the Charnley work.

I can’t see Staveley being the one doing the press releases, fully expect Yasir Al-Rumayyan to be the one to make the big announcements (or at least his name will be attached to them) as he’s well used to doing that with either PIF or Aramco.

My take on today:

Just the Public Relations dept I'm guessing, maybe to do a press briefing of some sort. Either that or Paul Robinson is coming out of retirement as cover for Dubravka.

Ah, Public Relations - Makes sense. I was completely overthinking that one.

Guest godzilla

My take on today:

Publicity? Press shots?

Don’t think so. Highly doubt Staveley, The Reubens or anyone from PIF will be basing their office there.

I read something about them looking to employ a few directors with experience. Expect an Ian Ayre/Garry Cook type to come in and look to increase commercial revenue.

Then there’ll be a director of football. Someone to bring in the names that a coach approves/deliver the strategy that the owners want.

I can’t see Staveley being the one doing the press releases, fully expect Yasir Al-Rumayyan to be the one to make the big announcements (or at least his name will be attached to them) as he’s well used to doing that with either PIF or Aramco.

Don't think he was on about long term and where they are based, pretty sure he was on about a one-off photo shoot at the ground to announce the takeover

My take on today:

Publicity? Press shots?

Don't think he was on about long term and where they are based, pretty sure he was on about a one-off photo shoot at the ground to announce the takeover

I’m not sure they’ll even do that, If I recall correctly, I think City just put out a press release and I can’t remember Roman Abramovic doing anything when he bought Chelsea.

My take on today:

Publicity? Press shots?

I’m not sure they’ll even do that, If I recall correctly, I think City just put out a press release and I can’t remember Roman Abramovic doing anything when he bought Chelsea.

Roman is private to the point of paranoid and the City owners were never about putting themselves up front and centre - they fucked that original spokesman off quick smart who was talking all that shit about signing Ronaldo for 200 million and bringing in Fabregas and Torres when the takeover first went through.

The PIF is a different beast to those two - having the brand name front and center seems to be part of the plan for their previous big investments.

I have trouble buying that. "Yeah, all done, we'll just wait an extra week before telling anyone".

And I know they have to transfer the money, but why set such distant date?

I assume they are working it out based on official confirmation from the PL early next week and the 3-5 days for funds to transfer

Guest chopey

So that's it then.........next stage, get the dettol out and give the place a good clean.......then ring the tax man, see if we can get those two fuckas locked up.