Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Here we go again. Back and forth between members until the Sunday rags come up with some new lie.

There's a path through this that is anti Ashley and anti Saudi that gets us through the other side with some integrity. The soul of the club is as important as the success of the club. If you don't believe that then what are we doing?

What path is that then?

Fight Ashley, protest against Saudi involvement in the club. Protect the soul of NUFC.

You all keep saying we are special but have  rolled over and stuck your legs in the air for the first billionaire that's got a chance of prising us from Ashley's grip. We are special we should be fighting to remain so. If we don't then what's the point?

Fight either of them how ? Been fighting Ashley for 13 years and nothing has changed.

Guest The Little Waster

Here we go again. Back and forth between members until the Sunday rags come up with some new lie.

There's a path through this that is anti Ashley and anti Saudi that gets us through the other side with some integrity. The soul of the club is as important as the success of the club. If you don't believe that then what are we doing?

What path is that then?

Fight Ashley, protest against Saudi involvement in the club. Protect the soul of NUFC.

You all keep saying we are special but have  rolled over and stuck your legs in the air for the first billionaire that's got a chance of prising us from Ashley's grip. We are special we should be fighting to remain so. If we don't then what's the point?

Yes lets have a mock funeral and not eat the pies at half time and oh ....

There is no soul left to preserve 13 years of Ashley proved that .

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

Guest The Little Waster

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

None whatsoever ... Football is just another corporate gang bang like everything else , but at least if the Saudis took over we'd have a chance of winning something plus they'd invest in the area . Rather that than Ashley continuing or some American gimp leverage us with debt . There are no good choices left , either adjust to that fact or stay in your corinthian bubble of yesteryear

Guest reefatoon

You won’t get football fans protesting against future owners that could and will hugely benefit the football club.

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

What's your answer then? Fan ownership?

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

There's a plenty of stops between being Saudi or Ashley owned. I'm idealistic not naïve, I want someone with ambition that cares that doesn't have blood on their hands. Is it realistic probably not but does it mean we shouldn't fight for it fuck no.

Guest The Little Waster

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

There's a plenty of stops between being Saudi or Ashley owned. I'm idealistic not naïve, I want someone with ambition that cares that doesn't have blood on their hands. Is it realistic probably not but does it mean we shouldn't fight for it fuck no.

We should fight for it but even you realise its not realistic  ... give me strength

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

We should fight for it but even you realise its not realistic  ... give me strength

That sounds perfectly NUFC to me.

Guest awaymag

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

Interested in this last bit, how should we fight for it?

- write a letter - well what is one more to add to the list?

- organise a protest - social distance issue?

- tell everyone not to get excited about the takeover?

- kick the cat?

- vow never to buy anything related to KSA?

For me, the takeover is a choice between NUFC competing and NUFC not competing.  We can't hang our hat on another buyer rumours, there have been hundreds of them over the past 13 years.

Will I protest if the  consortium take over....no  but then I never protested when the UK sold arms to KSA, nor when the abhorrent murder happened, nor when reports of Human rights abuse. 

The day to day running will be Amanda and the Reuben brothers not PIF, its not as if MBS is going to turn up every other Saturday in his toon top!

I understand others will protest, that is their right but for me, I will walk right past it and ignore it.  Im not interested in it, all I am interested in, is what happens on the pitch!

Official rejection next Friday 3.00pm

MA to announce 8 year deal for Bruce

Some on here would take that rather than be taken over by the Saudis.

Fuck off.

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

There's a plenty of stops between being Saudi or Ashley owned. I'm idealistic not naïve, I want someone with ambition that cares that doesn't have blood on their hands. Is it realistic probably not but does it mean we shouldn't fight for it f*** no.

Where have these stops been the last 13 years you talk about ?

Is Si not allowed to have principles without having to roll out his alternative manifesto like? :lol:

Just curious what these stops are, he said he was idealistic not naive.

I would say he’s both to be honest.

But nothing wrong with being idealistic I agree.

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

There's a plenty of stops between being Saudi or Ashley owned. I'm idealistic not naïve, I want someone with ambition that cares that doesn't have blood on their hands. Is it realistic probably not but does it mean we shouldn't fight for it f*** no.

The same support the team not the regime bullshit that held us back during the Ashley era.

Guest reefatoon

Si is right when he says people have a choice. You either choose to be part of it or you choose not too. A small minority tried protesting against Ashley, but it didn’t work because people just wanted to watch football, no matter how shite it was. But expecting an even smaller minority to protest against something that will have most people excited to go to the game is just not going to work at all. If people choose not to go, then full credit to them for standing by their principles, but they can’t expect to change other people’s minds when their own minds would never change. Just a shame after all this time there is still going to be a fracture in the support, even if it will be tiny.

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

The same support the team not the regime bullshit that held us back during the Ashley era.

Don’t think so I haven’t been in 11 years, so try again.

You say there’s stops between Ashley and Saudis.

Like I said your naive, where have these stops been the last 13 years ?

And where will these stops be waiting to pay 300 million in the middle of a global pandemic, with the worlds economy f#%cked.

I’m anything but support the team and not the regime brigade, but what I am is a realist.

Your alternative to the Saudis is another long period of Ownership under Ashley unfortunately.