Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I don’t think this was a vanity project as much as it was a means to get at Qatar from another angle. Money is no object here.

They have seen through almost 3 years of a blockade. They are not going to back down because the PL ask nicely.

All the letters sent, the bad noise from BeIn, the Qatar funded WTO report.. it will have focussed them on their goal.

We are totally irrelevant in this. They could have chosen any club. And any success will surely be enjoyed by them but the short term goals are to put a stop to the dominance of PSG in the market.

The minute players know they can get similar deals not in the French league, PSG will find it very difficult to be signing the likes of Neymar and Mbappe in a few years from now.

Guest neesy111

Positive news = its the truth lads, #cans

Negative news = they don't know shit, simply guessing.

:lol: :lol:

:thup:

Guest godzilla

Negative news = they don't know s***, simply guessing.

Nobody knows what's really happening on either count. Don't think anyone can be really confident that it's happening, likewise, I don't think anyone can be really confident that it's not happening.

The Athletic article is a journo’s opinion piece, it means jack s***, they know nowt.

this..ive stopped reading speculative articles and remain on course with the consortium 100%

The Athletic article is a journo’s opinion piece, it means jack s***, they know nowt.

this..ive stopped reading speculative articles and remain on course with the consortium 100%

Think it's better if people start preparing mentally for the bad news. There are enough facts that confirm that Qatar are more interested in stopping this than Saudi Arabia are in owning us. As it also happens, Qatar are notoriously influential (corrupt) in football and also kick the other Gulf nations' ass economically and politically, regardless of the blockade.

Guest neesy111

Negative news = they don't know shit, simply guessing.

:lol: :lol:

:thup:

Given the constant hysteria in this thread, that's definitely not true like.

The constant hysteria is when there's a negative article about the saudi regime and then usual suspects then talk about agenda's etc.

Think it's better if people start preparing mentally for the bad news. There are enough facts that confirm that Qatar are more interested in stopping this than Saudi Arabia are in owning us. As it also happens, Qatar are notoriously influential (corrupt) in football and also kick the other Gulf nations' ass economically and politically, regardless of the blockade.

corrupt..u dont say..so will the pl become visibly corrupt too , i think not

An interesting day. My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

An interesting day. My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

Was that not when it was assumed Sheff Utd's ownership was the last remaining obstacle to the deal and the changes on Companies House were made public?

Guest Butcher

Care to share these 'facts'?

Guest reefatoon

Think the Premier league have hoyed it back in the "in tray" and are in the mindset of "if I just ignore it, it will go away".

Guest godzilla

What facts are these?

So, without reading the article from the Athletic this morning, is it fair to say that although its still expected to be completed, it's still miles away from a conclusion?

It's a strange one. I'd love it to through and still remain positive we'll be taken over sooner rather than later, but I've been boycotting for over seven years so if we don't it's just as you were. This feels like a bit of a free hit.

Having said that I'd love to take the kid to SJP, but I simply won't do it while Ashley is here.

There's no way the Saudis are this bothered about pushing through the deal. This will rumble on for a couple more months before it dissipates into thin air.

They're not. It's hardly news over here; I get the distinct impression that this means more to Qatar than it does to KSA. With all the financial restrictions and belt-tightening measures taken by the government due to a covid-related economic downturn, this is fast becoming a headache that KSA do not need. Additionally, with salaries going down by 40%, vat increasing from 5 to 15%, the timing for a 'vanity project' like this is ill-judged here at present. I have many friends - leading directors- in the housing project at PIF that echo these sentiments.

Broken record and I hope I'm wrong but I heavily doubt this will go through.

So why are they investing all over the place then, including sums far exceeding what they will be paying for the club.

Crisis investment and diversification. How many of these bigger investments were met with the same criticisms? I don't see the ROI's on this deal being worth the hassle and associated bad press.

buying the club had to be part of a strategy like, they've not done it for a fucking laugh, so they're either abandoning that strategy over a (relatively) short-term downturn or they'll crack on with their plan

my suspicion is they'll crack on unless it gets to the point where they feel slighted by the approval process or something

So all we need to do to get taken over and finally be rid of Ashley is convince another country to reform their legal system and alter their geo-political strategy vis a vis their worst enemy.

giphy.gif