Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If Saudi appeal the WTO report it'll be delayed anyway won't it?

No. Saudi Arabia are free to contest it afterwards of course.

There is more info in the page I linked.

At its meeting on 18 December 2018, the DSB established a panel. Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States and Yemen reserved their third-party rights.

On 6 February 2019, Qatar requested the Director-General to compose the panel. On 18 February 2019, the Director-General composed the panel.

On 5 August 2019, the Chair of the panel informed the DSB that the panel expected to issue its final report to the parties in the first quarter of 2020. In its communication, the Chair also informed the DSB that the report would be available to the public once it was circulated to the Members in all three official languages, and that the date of circulation depends on completion of translation.

Not according to the ex WTO bloke of 15 years mind.

Don't doubt that. The PL's decision however does not require a definitive ruling. They are free to base their decision on a 1st level panel, a draft, heresay or whatever and live with the consequences.

And then be subject to court proceedings as it's not a legal document, are they really going to risk that? Argued this with you before, a reasonable opinion in law has to be based on factual evidence. Until that report is signed off then it cannot be used as factual evidence; as upon appeal the report could change. Hearsay is not admissible in court either so they wouldn't use that for a start. They could wait until the appeal takes place and the report is signed off though.

I'm obviously not qualified enough to say if they would have a case but the Premier League is a private organisation and, at least on paper, they are simply following their internal procedures. The would-be owners are always free to restructure the deal so that they can pass the test.  Unfortunately, that's not an option as the whole purpose of the Saudi involvement in the PL is for it to be fronted by MBS' PIF.

We should, by default, be taking anything anyone says with a pinch of salt. All sources on this are reporting second hand information that was probably based on a lot of guesswork to begin with. Even information direct from the buyers and sellers isn't reliable. Turning on people because their information turned out to be off the mark is bollocks, this is such a volatile deal that it's likely the tide is turning constantly and what was accurate one minute may not be accurate the next.

If you're getting your knickers in a twist over people's information turning out to be false, it's on you for pinning all your hopes on it to begin with imo.

If Saudi appeal the WTO report it'll be delayed anyway won't it?

No. Saudi Arabia are free to contest it afterwards of course.

There is more info in the page I linked.

At its meeting on 18 December 2018, the DSB established a panel. Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States and Yemen reserved their third-party rights.

On 6 February 2019, Qatar requested the Director-General to compose the panel. On 18 February 2019, the Director-General composed the panel.

On 5 August 2019, the Chair of the panel informed the DSB that the panel expected to issue its final report to the parties in the first quarter of 2020. In its communication, the Chair also informed the DSB that the report would be available to the public once it was circulated to the Members in all three official languages, and that the date of circulation depends on completion of translation.

Not according to the ex WTO bloke of 15 years mind.

Don't doubt that. The PL's decision however does not require a definitive ruling. They are free to base their decision on a 1st level panel, a draft, heresay or whatever and live with the consequences.

Working with a government regulator myself, no way are they going to act off a draft.

Very strange concluding remarks in that Athletic piece that the "Saudis won't sail through the director's test process"

Considering we're in week 9 of what they say is supposed be a 3 week process, that much is obvious  :lol:

Also I'm presuming Caulkin has been very badly advised from his sources because his previous insistence about 'no red flags' just looks fanciful in light of this

Greg's one of the soundest people you'd ever wish to meet and individually has done more organising in terms of trying to get the fan-base steered in the right direction and to get Ashley out than most of this forum combined. This deal is getting people in a right state like.

I don't think anyone is over reacting over it, just saying that it's a bit disappointing if he (because of the reasons you've just said) has decided to go down the route like so many others of inferring ITK knowledge.

I haven't inferred anything beyond what I'm told - that there remains confidence on both sides the deal would be done.

Would you prefer that I claimed these sources were 100% reliable? Because that's bollocks. No sources in this know exactly what is happening. There's been a lot of absolute bollocks posted about this takeover, particularity on twitter, completely made up.

I trust what I've been told - confidence that the deal will go ahead just not when. But like I said, usual pinch of salt.

In all of this you have to understand that nobody knows the actual outcome or when it will break - nobody is actually in the know of what the outcome will be. Not George Caulkin who has a direct line to AS, not Steve Wraith who, as much as you will all hate it - also has a direct line to the AS camp. They relate what they're told, but you have to remember those telling them information do not know the outcome of the process, although they of course are more informed on it than others. Those in the AS camp are also not stupid - they will say things to George and Steve and a few others knowing what they relay will be made public.

Greg's one of the soundest people you'd ever wish to meet and individually has done more organising in terms of trying to get the fan-base steered in the right direction and to get Ashley out than most of this forum combined. This deal is getting people in a right state like.

I don't think anyone is over reacting over it, just saying that it's a bit disappointing if he (because of the reasons you've just said) has decided to go down the route like so many others of inferring ITK knowledge.

Or if he hasn't and you've simply misinterpreted his post?

Yeah I just thought he meant make sure you fridge is working cos you'll want cold cans when it happens, not that it was happening imminently.

I can see why people might have seen it that way, but not worth getting upset about it.

I think this will happen, still but I think it’ll be part of a few announcements. Saudi working with Qatar or announcing their own Pl rights for SA. Full cooperation on ending the privacy concerns, etc.

I think this will happen, still but I think it’ll be part of a few announcements. Saudi working with Qatar or announcing their own Pl rights for SA. Full cooperation on ending the privacy concerns, etc.

seems incredibly unlikely mind

An interesting day. My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

It wasn't a day of supreme confidence in terms of anything imminent, just confidence that it will get done - the point was that what I'd heard (and I have no direct links to anyone involved in this and so it's all second / third hand so usual pinch of salt) was that there remains confidence on both sides that deal will go ahead but they don't know when. So make sure your fridge works to keep those cans chilled and ready for when the announcement comes out of the blue, whenever that may be.

Nobody likes warm beer, or champagne in my case - I'm on a low carb diet.

So no better than any 3rd rate journo or Steve wraith. Thought better of you. You're in a privileged position as a fan, you should know that implications of reporting back to us like that and refrained from it.

At least we all know now not to listen to you.

Is he the ginger haired kid who has been getting himself on the TV and radio?

Another one at NUST who seems way more interested in building a profile for himself than report accurately what's going on or properly representing the fanbase.

Building a profile?

What a load of s****.

Can you point to any of this so called profile building I do? Other than a couple of retweets of things I've said?

I actively try to avoid the limelight or the profile building. I do a lot of the media for NUST as I am good at public speaking, nowt more.

Have you listened to anything I've said in these appearances? We've done a hell of a lot of media sticking up for the fan base in the last 10 weeks.

Utterly laughable this profile building crap.

Aye - I give up 10+ hours of my week for free every single week to try and build an better and more influential NUFC supporter movement because I want a couple more followers on Twitter. Nothing to do with just simply wanting a better Newcastle United that works with its fans for the best of all and wanting us to finally build a meaningful voice as a fan base that has been so fractured over the last 15 years or so.

Weapons-grade horse s***.

Out of interest, given you are so quick to judge, what are you doing for the fan base?

leaving aside all the human rights stuff it's increasingly amusing to me how desperate i am (and others) to get rid of a dishonest shithouse so we can be owned by bigger dishonest shithouses :lol:

Yeah, it's all well and good bitching at the FA but if they hadn't openly conducted piracy we'd be wanking over some massive £100m signing by now.

Guest Howaythetoon

Eh Greg is one of the most trusty of people involved with NUFC, as a fan, as a member on here and as part of NUST.

An interesting day. My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

It wasn't a day of supreme confidence in terms of anything imminent, just confidence that it will get done - the point was that what I'd heard (and I have no direct links to anyone involved in this and so it's all second / third hand so usual pinch of salt) was that there remains confidence on both sides that deal will go ahead but they don't know when. So make sure your fridge works to keep those cans chilled and ready for when the announcement comes out of the blue, whenever that may be.

Nobody likes warm beer, or champagne in my case - I'm on a low carb diet.

So no better than any 3rd rate journo or Steve wraith. Thought better of you. You're in a privileged position as a fan, you should know that implications of reporting back to us like that and refrained from it.

At least we all know now not to listen to you.

Is he the ginger haired kid who has been getting himself on the TV and radio?

Another one at NUST who seems way more interested in building a profile for himself than report accurately what's going on or properly representing the fanbase.

I’m insulted for Greg by that.

Greg at the NUST has done amazing work in trying to get the planning application for the Strawberry land rejected/delayed. Ultimately it was too big of a task, but the effort he put into it was unreal, and hidden from view amongst everything going on at the club and NUST.

In recent weeks he has done a view podcasts, live streams etc centred around the takeover. As he has put it himself, he has done that because he’s the best at public speaking. When a difficult question or statement is made in the media about our fans, he’s able to respond to that immediately, where as others wouldn’t.

If you watch and listen to him, in reality all Greg has done is give the majority of fans a voice. He has been able to say why fans are overwhelmingly in favour of the takeover, why the human rights concerns shouldn’t be laid at their door etc. He’s able to do this very well and effectively, where as you see online so many people are resulting in letting it slip into rants and slanging matches.

In one of the podcasts he’s done, I was actually the one who asked him to do it on the behalf of our fans.

Did the athletic article really say this go take months and we could miss the transfer window ?

We've missed them the last 13 years so can't see missing another one being a big deal.

? just imagine the state of our squad going in to next season with Ashley in charge and absolutely no incoming business.

On a forum, where people whinge if you give an opinion without stating its an opinion (especially on this subject) it was always going to be read like Greg knew something and was passing it off. As a mod & a NUST member/leader he should realise that, if not then god help us. To then follow up with a Cumming's style dismissal is quite disappointing. I expected more from someone who's done so much (media profile building comment is BS btw and cannot agree to it) for the fans to be heard and I would have thought he'd hold his hands up and say 'aye, shouldn't have said it like that' if not it makes me think it wasn't done with the best intentions, therefore have every right to take it as such.

Everybody loves Gergg but in this case he can take a bit of stick over his initial explanation ;)

Aye, this is it. Sure he's a lovely lad, and he's nice to his Mam, but he posted some ITK bobbins so deserves a bit of stick.

Make sure your fridge works for some point in the future, probably. :lol:

This place is always quick to fucking have a go at somebody or immediately correct an error in a post with this matter of fact “I’m smarter than you because I know this obscure factoid” and its fucking trash form.

People seriously across this place need to take a step back and have a word. Just be nicer to each other. We all support the same club. 

More than happy to take stick for that post - but maintain a lot have been reading too much into it. Perhaps it was misjudged given how on edge a lot of people are about this takeover.

Remain confident what I've been told - and what a lot of others have been told - that this deal will go ahead but not sure when. Nobody knows that for a fact until it is done. I've never claimed to be in the know whatever that actually means- and never will. But do get told a lot of things, a lot turns out to be bollocks.