Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

f*** me what a mess this deal is.

Why can't we just be sold to someone who is squeaky clean.

If there was a squeaky clean billionaire, or sovereign state, out there then I highly doubt that we'd be the ones to find them. :lol:

States should absolutely not be allowed to own football clubs

Almost like they have an agenda against us....

Exactly.

WTO now at the top of the list.

Err think he means BBC like considering the WTO mention is complete nonsense from them.

Well if you post a tweet, leave it for a bit, then delete it you get the misinformation out there but never look like you posted utter shite to begin with, win win.  People should start posting pictures of tweets so it can't be deleted.

This latest bit of 'fake news' has certainly caused a lot of concern and upset on this forum.

The inevitable approval of the takeover is not far away now, and the more "rubbish" that is invented and quoted as fact by reporters, the more certain I remain of approval happening . . and SOON.

Surely its easy enough for MBS to resign his position as chairman of the PIF if indeed that is the only obstacle to the takeover going ahead.

As for MBS being chairman it doesn't necessarily mean he has or indeed wants the powers to radically influence decisions taken by PIF, otherwise what is the point of having Al Rumayan? as the managing director to handle the decision making processes of the PIF.

It may be that as Chairman, MBS gets to sign off decisions taken by the PIF hierarchy, but that could very well be a one way street.  I imagine MBS has far more important issues of State to deal with rather than interfering in the running of a football club.

However, quite apart from that, if they do reject the takeover, it doesn't strike me as anything remotely like an incentive for the KSA to address the piracy issue, far from it in fact.

It seems to me that the most sensible and acceptable course of action is for the EPL to approve the takeover, but only on the basis that they receive concrete assurances from the KSA that legal action against piracy will be allowed in the KSA courts, where previously it has been denied.

Given the refusal to allow this in the past it may all hinge on that, and the KSA/PIF may decide to walk away rather than allow damaging and expensive court cases to proceed in the Kingdom.

Fuck me what a mess this deal is.

Why can't we just be sold to someone who is squeaky clean.

Not possible with the money involved.

hell how about someone who's mostly clean and not a fucking country

We already have one of those, you should really post more supportive messages about Big Mike if that's how you feel.

Guest The Little Waster

Theyre not going to risk having to pay out f knows how much in fines just because of a ( to them ) poxy £300 m investment - its over ...

Surely its easy enough for MBS to resign his position as chairman of the PIF if indeed that is the only obstacle to the takeover going ahead.

As for MBS being chairman it doesn't necessarily mean he has or indeed wants the powers to radically influence decisions taken by PIF, otherwise what is the point of having Al Rumayan? as the managing director to handle the decision making processes of the PIF.

It may be that as Chairman, MBS gets to sign off decisions taken by the PIF hierarchy, but that could very well be a one way street.  I imagine MBS has far more important issues of State to deal with rather than interfering in the running of a football club.

However, quite apart from that, if they do reject the takeover, it doesn't strike me as anything remotely like an incentive for the KSA to address the piracy issue, far from it in fact.

It seems to me that the most sensible and acceptable course of action is for the EPL to approve the takeover, but only on the basis that they receive concrete assurances from the KSA that legal action against piracy will be allowed in the KSA courts, where previously it has been denied.

Given the refusal to allow this in the past it may all hinge on that, and the KSA/PIF may decide to walk away rather than allow damaging and expensive court cases to proceed in the Kingdom.

Just don't forget that NUFC will be a tiny part of the total PIF investment portfolio, I'm sure that there is a point that it just isn't worth it and they will walk away to another league that will happily take their money.   

But the takeover isn't by KSA, it's PIF

Whose chairman owns the f***ing country.

Why are people so blind to this being an issue? Do people just have their heads in the sand? There's not a chance on earth this goes through. Zero.

The directors' test says anyone who might have an influence over the club has to be squeaky clean, and not "reasonably" thought to have done anything like, I dunno, be involved in piracy. Can you think of anyone who has connections to PIF who this might apply to?

I've been saying this for weeks.

ur getting insufferable now, spewing the same drivel every day,u seem the type who would say i told u so, and gloat over a rejection..there will be no sign of u here when it goes through , same as that other serial poster penn

Since they're a sovereign wealth fund it probably wouldn't change all that much? They also seem to be able to do other deals fine so this may just be a case of not being able to get their foot in the door in English football. This particular investment may not be the organisational reshape.

Just don't forget that NUFC will be a tiny part of the total PIF investment portfolio, I'm sure that there is a point that it just isn't worth it and they will walk away to another league that will happily take their money. 

There’s no other league that can give them the exposure they want, the PL is shown globally, it’s the only league that can give them that. They won’t walk away.

Why are people so blind to this being an issue? Do people just have their heads in the sand? There's not a chance on earth this goes through. Zero.

The directors' test says anyone who might have an influence over the club has to be squeaky clean, and not "reasonably" thought to have done anything like, I dunno, be involved in piracy. Can you think of anyone who has connections to PIF who this might apply to?

ur getting insufferable now, spewing the same drivel every day,u seem the type who would say i told u so, and gloat over a rejection..there will be no sign of u here when it goes through , same as that other serial poster penn

Stop posting in text speak, what's with the "ur" and "u"?

thx bb xoxo

Guest neesy111

erm, really [emoji38]

Exactly.

NUFC are a very small fish in a large pond in this deal.

Guest neesy111

Stop posting in text speak, what's with the "ur" and "u"?

thx bb xoxo

u ok hun?

Whose chairman owns the fucking country.

You might think it should be considered the same but if, as has been reported, it's a separate legal entity then that's what counts here.

We'll have to wait and see.