Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This is just going to fizzle out like all the other previous takeovers

If this takeover forms just another aspect in a wider geopolitical war, then it's got no chance of being finalized because neither side are going to compromise

Of course it won't, it will have to come to a head one way or the other.  This is a done deal for both parties not some up in the air negotiation that may or may not be genuine (like past takeovers).  There's no grey area with this one, it's either the Premier League approve it or they deny it, either way there will be a very definitive conclusion.

Or an enduring stalemate

Masters looks out of his depth, he won’t knock back the takeover though as govt appears to be backing it.

I still think within 2 weeks we’ll get our decision, I base this purely on end of season and transfer window opening.

Sean hates Staveley like.

Have you noticed aswell lol. Don't know what the hell she's done wrong tbh, she might not even be the one that's feeding Caulkin the shit, I'll reserve my judgment on her when I actually here her say something.

I'm sure she's got big plans for us but it's not her fault this is taking so long, she's far from any blame, she's worked over 3 years to try acquire us, if anything, she's the one person I respect most.

Masters looks out of his depth, he won’t knock back the takeover though as govt appears to be backing it.

I still think within 2 weeks we’ll get our decision, I base this purely on end of season and transfer window opening.

They want to hurry up as Ronaldo and Messi might go elsewhere. ??

:lol:

Pointing out that we're still waiting for her words to become actions = hate

Quick search of past posts has you doubting her credibility for whatever reason. Both times she's tried to take us over you've thought she's leading Newcastle fans on, which to me is absurd. :lol: Nowt to do with Uncle Mike shifting any goalposts or the PL being so easily swayed by a TV station and Qatari backed dissidents.

Would you trust this government to back you up if it gets messy? :lol:

I think plenty of people would be out of their depth with this, given where it's ended up.

She’s the only person to get this far so I think some credit is due. She could easily have walked away, instead she’s secured the backing of one of the worlds richest sovereign wealth funds.

She appears well respected and very well connected in Middle East.

Don’t think anyone could have foreseen the shit show that’s followed. As for her briefing I don’t doubt she speaks to Caulkin, but I also suspect Chris Mort maybe his more regular daily source for updates.

Would you trust this government to back you up if it gets messy? :lol:

I think plenty of people would be out of their depth with this, given where it's ended up.

Regardless of govts credentials, there’s no way if they’ve lobbied for it be approved he’ll go against them.

Thinking ahead a bit but there is no way Qatar will let this go even if the takeover happens (just as it makes Saudis more determined). Can see the following happening:

1. Trying to buy another PL club

2. Putting in higher bids for our transfer targets

3. Loaning players to our rivals

4. Infiltrating our club with spies who leak stories to the press

5. Bribing referees

6. Interfering with Staveley and Reuben business interests

7. Encouraging journalists to provide a negative spin

This is just going to fizzle out like all the other previous takeovers

If this takeover forms just another aspect in a wider geopolitical war, then it's got no chance of being finalized because neither side are going to compromise

Of course it won't, it will have to come to a head one way or the other.  This is a done deal for both parties not some up in the air negotiation that may or may not be genuine (like past takeovers).  There's no grey area with this one, it's either the Premier League approve it or they deny it, either way there will be a very definitive conclusion.

And yet we're stuck in the grey area, and have been for 3 months now!

Thinking ahead a bit but there is no way Qatar will let this go even if the takeover happens (just as it makes Saudis more determined). Can see the following happening:

1. Trying to buy another PL club

2. Putting in higher bids for our transfer targets

3. Loaning players to our rivals

4. Infiltrating our club with spies who leak stories to the press

5. Bribing referees

6. Interfering with Staveley and Reuben business interests

7. Encouraging journalists to provide a negative spin

If that happens then on point 2 we should make fake bids for crap players and let PSG or Leeds United (if the rumours of Qatari interest are true) buy them up at inflated fees.  >:D

It's the constantly pointing it out that's bothersome. They could be answering every question and then the PL get new info and request more just when they think it's done.

Plus the assumption that she is Caulkins source. It's not like she's smashing out interview after interview about it.

As I said in a previous message, happens all the time with the govt regulators I deal with.

Okay let's  forget all this takeover bollocks and who do we we sign for each position money and wages no problem.  Quite like the prospect of Messi and Ronaldo.

Have to say that’s a better option than contemplating Saudi United competing with Qatari United for the £500m signing of Mbappe on £2m per week...

Guest chopey

If the Qataries but Leeds tomorrow then surely that takes them past the closing of the transfer window if the same checks on Newcastle are carried out.