Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It’s simple really. Just like those who boycotted Ashley’s NUFC. If your not happy stay away and do something else.  There’s always support the team not the regime bollocks.

Guest neesy111

They wouldn't be buying Man Utd if they are wanting to make an investment.

They would buy them just for the status, the thing is though, they aren’t for sale.

I think most football clubs are for sale now for the right price.

Guest neesy111

It’s simple really. Just like those who boycotted Ashley’s NUFC. If your not happy stay away and do something else.  There’s always support the team not the regime bollocks.

Yeah, because it's always as simple as that.....

It's not simple if you love football and have a strong connection with the football club.

They would buy them just for the status, the thing is though, they aren’t for sale.

They tried to buy them for 2bn. They aren’t for sale.

Guest neesy111

I said NOW, not sure if you've noticed but the world is about to have it's worst economic crash in history.  The glazers have man utd high in debt without any income.

Probably missed the discussion on this already. But what are people’s thoughts on being owned by a bunch of reprehensible scumbags, who make Mike Ashley seem fairly decent in comparison?

I’m caught in two minds. Obviously happy that it looks like the fat twat is finally on his way out and I can enjoy football again. But been fairly critical of the Saudi regime in the past and have read plenty of horror stories about them.

Personally don't think I'll be supporting us much, but won't blame anyone that will do that. Just hope it doesn't come to Newcastle fans trying to justify things that the regime do, like some Man City fans do

This is certainly what’ll happen.

Yeap, it'll how people will forget or completely ignore ridiculous human rights violations, carpet bombing in yemen etc just because their football club can sign a player for £100m.

But where does the righteous moral outrage stop? When we're carpet bombing the rest of the middle East, the fact that we supplied half the bombs being dropped on Yemen?

I'm not saying we should accept what they have done, but if you're going to jump on your soap box then where does it stop? In the large scale of things people don't care about what doesn't happen in their own back gardens, if SA were carpet bombing British territory then people would be up in arms, just like (but to a much lesser extent) Ashley's business practices towards his workers in this country hits home much more for people than if he had a sweat shop in China.

I'm not saying this is the right way to think but I can certainly understand it being that way. I'm not sure how I will feel as Ashley has taken a lot away from me over the last 13 years, I'm not sure that love lost is reconcilable. Unashamedly I have said, tweeted, FB posted and ranted on here about Ashley's business practices, but I won't be doing the same about these guys unless they muck it up, we use whatever ammunition we can to take down the people we want to. Does that make me a hypocrite? Aye, probably, do I care? No, because it was a means to an end and I don't really care what some stranger on the internet thinks of me.

This club has affected my emotions for a long time and for the last 13 years it's been mostly negative, so selfishly, whatever it takes to improve that, bring it on.

I said NOW, not sure if you've noticed but the world is about to have it's worst economic crash in history.  The glazers have man utd high in debt without any income.

Aye, Just 7-800 million in yearly revenue :lol: with those levels of income - Man Utd are pretty safe..

Haven't heard of any of their sponsors pulling out yet. So they're only really losing gate money (for now).

Very much like the footballers wages debate, why blame football fans?

Are Man City fans to blame for what their owners have done? Are PSG fans to blame for what Qatar do?

The fact is the companies we use day in day out, and even our governments all trade with Saudi Arabia, even selling them weapons.

2 years ago the guy who is buying us walked down Downing Street, was met by our PM at the time, and walked into number 10 practically holding her hand. People can fuck off blaming us.

There was never ever any mention when we were pulling up Ashley’s business practices. So why start now?

If they are bringing money not just to the football, but the city, well our city and our region has been shit on for generations. Our city and even our football club are no longer in the position to question where the money and investment comes from.

It’s ok sitting in London, and Manchester etc and having a go at us. Fuck off, they haven’t lived here, they haven’t had the disadvantages that we have had. If our football club becomes the face of that and successful, they can suck it up, just like we have always had to do.

Very fucking well put!!  :clap:

Probably missed the discussion on this already. But what are people’s thoughts on being owned by a bunch of reprehensible scumbags, who make Mike Ashley seem fairly decent in comparison?

I’m caught in two minds. Obviously happy that it looks like the fat t*** is finally on his way out and I can enjoy football again. But been fairly critical of the Saudi regime in the past and have read plenty of horror stories about them.

I like right next door to them and honestly they're not  half as bad as the media tries to portray them, what many people in the UK think of them is quite far from the reality.

They literally kill journalists ffs :lol:

Next door to them, in what sense? Currently picturing Bin Salman tending to the garden of a quiet semi-detached. "Aye, canny lad, keeps himself to himself. Media blow that whole beheading journalists stuff completely out of proportion, was just a misunderstanding." :lol:

I live in Bahrain and have work in Saudi at least once a week, by all means no country is perfect but when you see how people perceive  them in the UK you can't help but laugh, my wife is from Ponteland and was absolutely terrified from even going near the boarder thinking something might happen to her :lol:  now she regularly joins me whenever i go there, the people are great and the new government led by MBS is creating massive positive change. you can always dig out articles about how its horrible and dark place but - in my opinion - the reality is just like any other country they have their good and their bad, the only difference is they are foreign so it's easier to target them in the media.

That's the end of it now they're doing good and changing  the country for the better.... I'm deffo in now let's fantasize about bringing rafa back and signing  the best players in the world ??

If it was some oligarch, close to Putin I would've been very concerned and probably against it from the off.

Not worried by the Saudis owning us. They won't be hands-on at all and they truly are too big to fail. The country is very stable, despite and thanks to the autocratic regime. Although the Crown Prince is very young for such unlimited power and has started gathering bad publicity lately, I don't think the Royal family's political decisions will have any bearing on how we're run as a business. And after all, the Saudis have been allies to the Western world since the 70s.

Aye right. If Putin bought us, you'd b saying "at least it's not the Saudis".

I'm still pretty much in disbelief.

Staveleys been after us for 3 years minimum, she's courted Rafa, got investors who are already heavily involved in regeneration/improvement of the area - it had taken so long I'd started to think she was a plant tbh, but those factors i've listed give me massive, massive hope for what she has planned for us.

But most of all, the feeling of actually supporting my club again, is probably the most exciting of all.  :lol:

Not sure about anyone else but I feel sick and nervous as fuck here. Christ.

Also, this. Nervous and shaking for some reason.  :lol:

If it was some oligarch, close to Putin I would've been very concerned and probably against it from the off.

Not worried by the Saudis owning us. They won't be hands-on at all and they truly are too big to fail. The country is very stable, despite and thanks to the autocratic regime. Although the Crown Prince is very young for such unlimited power and has started gathering bad publicity lately, I don't think the Royal family's political decisions will have any bearing on how we're run as a business. And after all, the Saudis have been allies to the Western world since the 70s.

Aye right. If Putin bought us, you'd b saying "at least it's not the Saudis".

Fuuuck that... I am Bulgarian. Despite being in EU, the government, the president, the juridical system, the media are all totally controlled by Kremlin . Putin is THE enemy for me.

Guest neesy111

Aye, Just 7-800 million in yearly revenue :lol: with those levels of income - Man Utd are pretty safe..

Haven't heard of any of their sponsors pulling out yet. So they're only really losing gate money (for now).

That's very ignorant to just think that football income will just return to normal after this, it won't.

Without sounding too pessimistic it does feel like the whole thing could still fall through, I guess that’s what 13 years of Ashley and numerous other takeover failures does to you. Trying hard not to get too excited until it’s confirmed by the club.

Guest neesy111

Without sounding too pessimistic it does feel like the whole thing could still fall through, I guess that’s what 13 years of Ashley and numerous other takeover failures does to you. Trying hard not to get too excited until it’s confirmed by the club.

Only if the the buyers pull out is how I see this falling through.

Guest neesy111

We should be celebrating, not having a dig at each other. There are other forums for that. FFS

It's a forum, people can say whether they have a moral compass or not etc.

That's very ignorant to just think that football income will just return to normal after this, it won't.

You noted "without any income". I just pointed out that they're still in the top 3 in the world in terms of income, I don't see even the corona virus changing that.The Glazers might decide to sell the club but it won't be cause it's not making money.