Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I was wondering as sick as some about morals going back to merson's comments that even 650m wouldn't put us in the top teams of the country what do others think. Yes I get ffp means we can't and yes depends on the manager, transfer strategy etc but right now if we spent 650 over the next say 4 windows what is best and worst case scenario in terms of league standing?

I was wondering as sick as some about morals going back to merson's comments that even 650m wouldn't put us in the top teams of the country what do others think. Yes I get ffp means we can't and yes depends on the manager, transfer strategy etc but right now if we spent 650 over the next say 4 windows what is best and worst case scenario in terms of league standing?

You can absolutely buy your way to the top, and you can shit all over FFP on your way there. Merson's just gutted, like the mackems and gibbon nips.

I fully believe that Rafa with a good transfer budget and control over transfers would get us competing with the best of the rest after 2/3 seasons. Obviously things can change quickly but right now there are only 2 top teams in the league. Arsenal are on a downward trajectory, it could be the same for Spurs, Man Utd are handcuffed to Solskjaer so they’re not competing with the top 2 any time soon, and who knows how Lampard will work out at Chelsea. Leicester and Wolves are good examples of what a wise transfer policy will get you, and Everton is a good example of what not to do. The top 6 isn’t the unbreakable elite group that some would like us to believe.

Guest Butcher

The moral stuff is very quickly becoming tiresome. PL is full of questionable morals, I don't feel guilty at all.

Not one bit :lol: I know they’re bad and all that, but I just don’t give a fuck.