Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This is going to be even sweeter once it goes through as the mackems are convincing themselves that it's now a dud deal.

Fuck the mackems. I'll be happier to see how miserable keys and other media pricks are about it.

Approve the deal and the EPL have a route into stopping the piracy

Exactly. It's hard to imagine that the PL create more leverage when it comes to convincing the Saudis to crack down on beoutQ by telling the state PIF that they aren't fit to invest in a PL club. That would be ridiculous.

The Times story worries me, after all of the elation tonight.  Would be so typical.  Hopefully i'm just being a fanny and there's nothing to worry about.

why all the elation tonight have i missed somthing?

Approve the deal and the EPL have a route into stopping the piracy

Exactly. It's hard to imagine that the PL create more leverage when it comes to convincing the Saudis to crack down on beoutQ by telling the state PIF that they aren't fit to invest in a PL club. That would be ridiculous.

They'd also be balancing the cost of piracy against the potential increase in revenue from having another huge team which will inevitably engages millions of new fans.

The Times story worries me, after all of the elation tonight.  Would be so typical.  Hopefully i'm just being a fanny and there's nothing to worry about.

why all the elation tonight have i missed somthing?

Just the prospect of thumb head packing his bags - hopefully there won't be cause for him to do a U-turn.

Premier League wasn't always on Bein in the Middle East, it used to be with another UAE based broadcaster called ShowTime

Wouldn't surprise me if its snapped up again if Bein fuck off. No cause for concern there.

Sheffield United have a Saudi prince as an owner. Highly doubt this Amnesty stuff will change shit

There is no way the Royal family will go through with this without being 100% sure. They would not want to look stupid in the media.

Where was Amnesty when they tried to buy Man United or Liverpool though, seriously.

Guest neesy111

If they say no now then they have to rule out the Saudi coin every single time. And there's no way they'll not want that sort of money swilling about the English game.

Is the correct answer.

Sheffield United have a Saudi prince as an owner. Highly doubt this Amnesty stuff will change s***

There is no way the Royal family will go through with this without being 100% sure. They would not want to look stupid in the media.

Where was Amnesty when they tried to buy Man United or Liverpool though, seriously.

Sheffield United have a Saudi prince as owner, however they aren't owned by the Saudi government.

Amnesty have only come out today, when we're almost finished the deal. Man Utd/Liverpool never got nearly as close as this. Are we seriously trying to suggest now that Amnesty International are also biased against Newcastle?

Unless the PL are going to rewrite their rulebook on PL ownership, or the government themselves want to step in (and write off about 20Bn of business) there is absolutely nothing in the fit and proper owners test that would scupper this deal. The people involved wouldn't be this far down the line, without having considered these sort of objections either.

That's not to say that I don't have any questions myself mind.

Unless the PL are going to rewrite their rulebook on PL ownership, or the government themselves want to step in (and write off about 20Bn of business) there is absolutely nothing in the fit and proper owners test that would scupper this deal. The people involved wouldn't be this far down the line, without having considered these sort of objections either.

That's not to say that I don't have any questions myself mind.

Completely agree with all of this.

Us potentially becoming one of the big boys has really ruffled some feathers.

The bitter cunts are out in force and because they can hide behind a worthy cause this will get more air time than it really should.