Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I kid you not. Just woke up because had a dream was watching SSN and Jim fucking White announced this was a done deal despite the new docs, as it contained matters that the PL had already been made known of and investigated.

Immediately checked my phone. Shit..this thing is taking a toll on me.

You’re not alone. Unfortunately both sides are trying to use public opinion to influence the proceedings and we are stuck right in the middle of it. 

Are the Premier League even allowed to examine documents handed to them by third parties during this process? Isnt it between the PL and the owners and no one else? I didn't realise it was an open forum for people who are not involved to make their case against the deal. If claims against the buyers havent been proven in court surely the PL cannot use them in any way?

I would put money on a couple different possibilities:

1) All this coronavirus stuff has taken center stage and is stretching the timing out. The Premier League and FA are totally focused on restarting the season and testing and what all that looks like. Not our club getting taken over. 

Or 2) It’s actually been done or is very close to being done and they are trying to time the official announcement in a manner that could coincide with reopening of the city to the public. I highly doubt they want to announce something that will flood the streets with people while on a lockdown. 

Anyone willing to put a bet on it being announced today? Some were saying today, some were saying Wednesday before that Guardian piece yesterday.

I was leaning more towards the end of the week even before this latest spanner in the works. No idea if it will make any difference now. Seems bizarre that these pressure groups are holding back their cards and chucking them out there in stages.

Anyone willing to put a bet on it being announced today? Some were saying today, some were saying Wednesday before that Guardian piece yesterday.

Why do you do this to yourself :lol:

Is there any merit in the thought that, even if it has all been approved and ready to be announced, that the announcement is being delayed because of the likely madness that will take place in Newcastle city centre and the implications that will have in spreading the virus like mad.

Just a thought.......

Mad how long Keith Bishop has managed to get this dragged out for. Fair play.

Expect Ashley to come out with the 'never had an offer' spiel after this week. Add Bin Salman to the list along with Barry Moat, Midhat Whatsapp and Vince McMahon

Every day delay costs Ashley about £25k in lost interest. He is not going to be able to stay quiet much longer

:lol:

Yes he's going to break NDA agreements because its costing a billionaire £25k a day.

Is there any merit in the thought that, even if it has all been approved and ready to be announced, that the announcement is being delayed because of the likely madness that will take place in Newcastle city centre and the implications that will have in spreading the virus like mad.

Just a thought.......

No. They’d have to mention it at some point. What difference is delaying the announcement a week or two going to make?

Yesterday’s drama over?  Desperate bid to get a few more clicks before the announcement and there’s no sporting news to discuss . Mid-May is nearly upon us. A sunny summer and a new owner. Pity the bars are shut for the foreseeable.

Keep the faith

Could do with a Caulkin tweet today to reassure us as he’s about the only journo I trust to be straight with the situation

He'll be doing the podcast tonight so I'm sure we'll hear more then.

Cool, will look out for that

Any slight delay will just be the PL’s lawyers having a last look at these documents to see if they can be sued/ sanctioned by anyone if the deal goes through. Standard lawyer shit.

Every day delay costs Ashley about £25k in lost interest. He is not going to be able to stay quiet much longer

:lol:

Yes he's going to break NDA agreements because its costing a billionaire £25k a day.

I'm not sure if Ashley is a billionaire now after the drop in SD share value.

Are the Premier League even allowed to examine documents handed to them by third parties during this process? Isnt it between the PL and the owners and no one else? I didn't realise it was an open forum for people who are not involved to make their case against the deal. If claims against the buyers havent been proven in court surely the PL cannot use them in any way?

I'm not sure how these checks work, but they may not have to conform to the same requirements per other legal matters - in the same way civil and criminal cases have differing burdens of proof.

Obviously they'll have some formal process which would hopefully be subject to a legal challenge (fairly sure someone has in the past?)