Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It's been nearly complete for 5 weeks  :lol:

It's beyond me how they haven't looked at what they needed to in 5 weeks

It's almost like it's a massively complex and detailed legal process involving multiple parties occuring during a totally unprecedented international health crisis.

In that case why was it supposedly done and ready to announce this week then? I bet it's still going on in 2 weeks time which will show it was never close to been done this week

Have we ever had a definitive statement that it was going to be announced on X date? Excluding the litany of bad tits who talk utter shit on Twitter, the best we've had are leaks about the buying side being optimistic to certain journalists that have always been massively caveated. It was only last week Caulkin uttered the words 'takes as long as it takes'.

Dunno, he’s a child really, I can imagine him fuming at home about wanting his money “I can’t even sell when I want to” type stuff.

He is  a man child but surely even his petty attitude wouldn't scramble this deal with the current economic climate.  It would be weeks and months before another offer or bidder would have their package ready.

Aye that’s true, it’s his only chance basically and with football looking the way it is he has to take his money and run but he is who he is

It has to be now for him, he needs that cashing flow injection.  He probably is a a bit miffed at the process as she has never really followed or been a fan of conducting business professionally, going off the stories we have heard about him.  He will just have to hang tight for the money.

It's been nearly complete for 5 weeks  :lol:

It's beyond me how they haven't looked at what they needed to in 5 weeks

It's almost like it's a massively complex and detailed legal process involving multiple parties occuring during a totally unprecedented international health crisis.

In that case why was it supposedly done and ready to announce this week then? I bet it's still going on in 2 weeks time which will show it was never close to been done this week

Have we ever had a definitive statement that it was going to be announced on X date? Excluding the litany of bad tits who talk utter shit on Twitter, the best we've had are leaks about the buying side being optimistic to certain journalists that have always been massively caveated. It was only last week Caulkin uttered the words 'takes as long as it takes'.

The last weekend in April Caulkin said "once the PL give approval, which they will, very soon" and said the buyers were told it would be approved by the middle of that week (29th/30th April). Now they speak with much less certainty, just saying "it will take as long as it takes".

Their info is coming from Staveley, who can hardly tell George she isn't confident of passing the tests.

Guest The Little Waster

Not wanting to give excuses but......TIME DIFFERENCE!!!

Saudis only 2 hours ahead

.com said before the weekend so that still leaves four days for the news to break.  If any news comes out it will be out of the blue so nee panic.

for now.

They've changed their tune now though, kind of.

They said the guardian report has come out and they’re unsure of its impact of the timeline they reported earlier.

I think its a case a load of People who favor the current big clubs and the rest set up are throwing everything they have in the way to scupper the deal. The buyers simply have to deal with each issue raised in a pragmatic and legal manner each time. Pure stalling antics by those who dont want to see the deal go through.

I think its a case a load of People who favor the current big clubs and the rest set up are throwing everything they have in the way to scupper the deal. The buyers simply have to deal with each issue raised in a pragmatic and legal manner each time. Pure stalling antics by those who dont want to see the deal go through.

Yep. Scared spiteful people

Its the drip feeding of stuff that is deliberate and frustrating.  I think the Qatari's know what they are doing here and want to promulgate as much negativity to this as possible

Some would say they're 200 years behind

Feels like we've already waited 200 years for this takeover to go through!

Must be any day now.

Say a week, maybe 10 days.

2 weeks tops...🤷‍♂️

Some would say they're 200 years behind

Feels like we've already waited 200 years for this takeover to go through!

Must be any day now.

Say a week, maybe 10 days.

2 weeks tops...🤷‍♂️

Just stop putting a timeframe on it. It's much easier that way.

Don't think that's what's holding it up, although obviously those people will be willing the deal to fail. They'll be pumping their fists in the air if we end up with Ashley back in the driver seat, while all the conscienscous objectors on this board will quietly disappear leaving the rest of us to soldier on with 3 Steves while the rest of the country piss themselves laughing.

You've put up with Mike Ashley for over 13 years at this point :lol: even if it's another 13 days just calm down, stockpile more #cans and #wait

Nobody's bothered about waiting, we're bothered about it falling through.

The longer it goes on for, the more likely that is to happen. At this stage, with the new information from yesterday, it's fairly likely.

You've put up with Mike Ashley for over 13 years at this point :lol: even if it's another 13 days just calm down, stockpile more #cans and #wait

Nobody's bothered about waiting, we're bothered about it falling through.

The longer it goes on for, the more likely that is to happen. At this stage, with the new information from yesterday, it's fairly likely.

:lol: