Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If it is now going to be rejected then this newly emerged evidence must be pretty seismic, considering just 48 hours ago every man & his dog in the media was saying the deal would go through before the weekend.

Guest godzilla

I still think it will go through but I reckon in a normal football season they’d have bowed to the pressure and blown it off. They can’t really afford to do that atm

Unless you have definitive legal reasons as to why the test (as it currently stands) should be rejected, then pressure does not come into it at all.  They will be facing a massive lawsuit otherwise. Do they have definitive legal reasons?, we will find out soon enough.

It was crazy for me at least to see the reaction to the wylam thing, tons of people loving it, “people are so quick to be offended!”, I mean putting a guy who regularly orders beheadings on a product to be sold here is worthy of outrage like. Unless we wanna start buying like Shipman IPAs in the near future

People love Gavin & Stacey and it has characters named Shipman, West and Sutcliffe, the general public will generally be offended / amused by whatever Facebook or the tabloids tell them to be offended / amused by

I think Wullie is cute, and I know he’s sexy and makes the posts that drive the forum wild.

Does that mean I’m in the clique?

Nah mate, we're the nerds looking at the handsome rich kids  :lol:

Clique, or Posters who've been on here for years, so know each well so over time, they become rather attuned to each other and tend to agree more on certain things?

I think the latter but I'm just aware that posters have felt like it is a clique and has driven them away.  I was just highlighting to them how that could be perceived. 

All I did was to suggest that there can be some bias in the press depending on reporters own views. I ended up being portrayed as someone who thinks every negative article is due to an agenda. Not everything is black and white. I'll step away from this discussion now. As I think I made my point quite clearly.  If others read that as something else that's on them.

You say moderator like I actually do anything. I ask someone else to fix the search function when it breaks and every four years I make a sub forum for the World Cup. It's hardly Stasi territory. I'm just an idiot with an opinion and time on his hands, same as all of us.

I think Wullie is cute, and I know he’s sexy and makes the posts that drive the forum wild.

Exactly, and although this is true, I have had no interaction with Shak, at least not since the last time he stayed at mine.

Positive news -> everyone gets overexcited -> less than positive news -> overwhelming negativity replaces excitement -> the tin foil hat posters emerge -> these are shot down -> clique accusations

Rinse and repeat at the moment.

This is a fine observation :lol:

Thread stages. Which is it now?

1. It’s definitely on / Cans

2. Saudi’s are evil / not our concern

3. If it isn’t confirmed by XXX then I’m out

4. What’s HTT done now?

5. New / occasional member weighing in too heavy

6. Is there a clique?

7. Anti-NUFC conspiracy theories

8. Twitter bollocks

9. Extreme views on journalists dependent on whether they agree with your viewpoint.

10. It’s definitely off

You say moderator like I actually do anything. I ask someone else to fix the search function when it breaks and every four years I make a sub forum for the World Cup. It's hardly Stasi territory. I'm just an idiot with an opinion and time on his hands, same as all of us.

Exactly, and although this is true, I have had no interaction with Shak, at least not since the last time he stayed at mine.

Smoking joints on the balcony alone like a massive legend while you and Rich looked on disapprovingly and Mosley ruined the Pro Evo tournament. :lol:

Little did we know that was our own clique curtain call.