Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

If Saudi appeal the WTO report it'll be delayed anyway won't it?

No. Saudi Arabia are free to contest it afterwards of course.

There is more info in the page I linked.

At its meeting on 18 December 2018, the DSB established a panel. Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States and Yemen reserved their third-party rights.

On 6 February 2019, Qatar requested the Director-General to compose the panel. On 18 February 2019, the Director-General composed the panel.

On 5 August 2019, the Chair of the panel informed the DSB that the panel expected to issue its final report to the parties in the first quarter of 2020. In its communication, the Chair also informed the DSB that the report would be available to the public once it was circulated to the Members in all three official languages, and that the date of circulation depends on completion of translation.

Not according to the ex WTO bloke of 15 years mind.

An interesting day. My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

It wasn't a day of supreme confidence in terms of anything imminent, just confidence that it will get done - the point was that what I'd heard (and I have no direct links to anyone involved in this and so it's all second / third hand so usual pinch of salt) was that there remains confidence on both sides that deal will go ahead but they don't know when. So make sure your fridge works to keep those cans chilled and ready for when the announcement comes out of the blue, whenever that may be.

Nobody likes warm beer, or champagne in my case - I'm on a low carb diet.

Sorry like, but that's either nonsense because you know something and just can't say it, or confirmation that (because you are someone who I would would trust on here as much as anyone) proof to me that this thing is bringing out the absolute worst in everyone. Your original post was clearly ITK in tone so if it was ultimately based on nowt, it was as tedious and boring as every other ITK shit that's on the internet.

Chronicle say buyers are waiting outcome of the WTO report

This is another cause for concern. The WTO report carries a lot of weight and the PL's hands will be clean if they base their decision on it.

I realise I'm spreading negativity like fuck today but from browsing through similar WTO reports it seems that the panel's decision will be based not solely on juridical (technological in this case) evidence but on political findings too. This is something that lacks in previous third-party analyses against beoutQ and can further incriminate Saudi officials. If there's evidence of course. The Guardian claimed that it'll contain categorical evidence of government involvement.

The report will be published here: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds567_e.htm

There's a similar report summary (understandably not very favourable to SA at all) on the trade-related aspects of the blockade here - https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds528_e.htm

As I said a few pages back, I'm sure that the political fallout of that decision would be too great for the government to allow to happen (I know they don't have any direct influence over the decision, but there will definitely be behind the scenes influence). Our government's diplomatic and financial interests are too tied up with Saudi Arabia to allow that to happen.

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

It wasn't a day of supreme confidence in terms of anything imminent, just confidence that it will get done - the point was that what I'd heard (and I have no direct links to anyone involved in this and so it's all second / third hand so usual pinch of salt) was that there remains confidence on both sides that deal will go ahead but they don't know when. So make sure your fridge works to keep those cans chilled and ready for when the announcement comes out of the blue, whenever that may be.

So no better than any 3rd rate journo or Steve wraith. Thought better of you. You're in a privileged position as a fan, you should know that implications of reporting back to us like that and refrained from it.

At least we all know now not to listen to you.

:thup:

Disappointed him in tbh.

Chronicle say buyers are waiting outcome of the WTO report

This is another cause for concern. The WTO report carries a lot of weight and the PL's hands will be clean if they base their decision on it.

I realise I'm spreading negativity like fuck today but from browsing through similar WTO reports it seems that the panel's decision will be based not solely on juridical (technological in this case) evidence but on political findings too. This is something that lacks in previous third-party analyses against beoutQ and can further incriminate Saudi officials. If there's evidence of course. The Guardian claimed that it'll contain categorical evidence of government involvement.

The report will be published here: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds567_e.htm

There's a similar report summary (understandably not very favourable to SA at all) on the trade-related aspects of the blockade here - https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds528_e.htm

As I said a few pages back, I'm sure that the political fallout of that decision would be too great for the government to allow to happen (I know they don't have any direct influence over the decision, but there will definitely be behind the scenes influence). Our government's diplomatic and financial interests are too tied up with Saudi Arabia to allow that to happen.

I hope so too. It's true that there is an old diplomatic and military alliance with KSA but the UK actually trades more with Qatar nowadays and the PL already take their billions.

Jesus wept, dry out your panties, ladies.  Gregg's sound.

FYP

You pressed the button! :frantic:

Next person to call me Gregg gets banned.

I'm not that egg headed tosser off Masterchef.

So no better than any 3rd rate journo or Steve wraith. Thought better of you. You're in a privileged position as a fan, you should know that implications of reporting back to us like that and refrained from it.

Thought you said you weren't having a gan at him?

At its meeting on 18 December 2018, the DSB established a panel. Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States and Yemen reserved their third-party rights.

On 6 February 2019, Qatar requested the Director-General to compose the panel. On 18 February 2019, the Director-General composed the panel.

On 5 August 2019, the Chair of the panel informed the DSB that the panel expected to issue its final report to the parties in the first quarter of 2020. In its communication, the Chair also informed the DSB that the report would be available to the public once it was circulated to the Members in all three official languages, and that the date of circulation depends on completion of translation.

Don't doubt that. The PL's decision however does not require a definitive ruling. They are free to base their decision on a 1st level panel, a draft, heresay or whatever and live with the consequences.

Greg's one of the soundest people you'd ever wish to meet and individually has done more organising in terms of trying to get the fan-base steered in the right direction and to get Ashley out than most of this forum combined. This deal is getting people in a right state like.

Greg's one of the soundest people you'd ever wish to meet and individually has done more organising in terms of trying to get the fan-base steered in the right direction and to get Ashley out than most of this forum combined. This deal is getting people in a right state like.

As above :thup:

Guest godzilla

Don't doubt that. The PL's decision however does not require a definitive ruling. They are free to base their decision on a 1st level panel, a draft, heresay or whatever and live with the consequences.

And then be subject to court proceedings as it's not a legal document, are they really going to risk that? Argued this with you before, a reasonable opinion in law has to be based on factual evidence. Until that report is signed off then it cannot be used as factual evidence; as upon appeal the report could change. Hearsay is not admissible in court either so they wouldn't use that for a start. They could wait until the appeal takes place and the report is signed off though.

I don't think anyone is over reacting over it, just saying that it's a bit disappointing if he (because of the reasons you've just said) has decided to go down the route like so many others of inferring ITK knowledge.

Guest godzilla

Isn't the WTO unable to hold an appeal anyway because the US is refusing to submit judges and therefore they don't have enough to hear the appeal? Sure I read that...

Yeah that ex WTO bloke said that when he was replying about the report.

Is he the ginger haired kid who has been getting himself on the TV and radio?

Another one at NUST who seems way more interested in building a profile for himself than report accurately what's going on or properly representing the fanbase.

I don't think anyone is over reacting over it, just saying that it's a bit disappointing if he (because of the reasons you've just said) has decided to go down the route like so many others of inferring ITK knowledge.

Or if he hasn't and you've simply misinterpreted his post?

Is he the ginger haired kid who has been getting himself on the TV and radio?

Another one at NUST who seems way more interested in building a profile for himself than report accurately what's going on or properly representing the fanbase.

Or, his role requires him to convey concerns of the fanbase etc. to the media?

I don't know him but from what I've seen of him in media as of recently he's actually done a pretty good job of conveying my feelings at least.