Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

You’ve got to love these people objecting to the deal. This Scottish MP calls us a great British institution that they shouldn’t be allowed to purchase.

It leads to the obvious question where were all these people protecting this great British institution the last 13 years ?

I’d be quite interested to see if any of these mp’s would be sticking their head above the parapet if the club being purchased was in their own constituency.

I would suggest the silence from our mp’s speaks volumes. They probably don’t approve of the Saudis but they know what this brings to the city and wider area.

So Angus shove your great British institution up your arse, we’ll decide what’s best for us.

I know it’s been said many times, but the premier league has not come out of all this well.

They haven’t come across as being meticulous, they’ve just come across arrogant and incompetent.

They have barely said a word on it, how on earth have you got 'arrogant' from the last few weeks  :lol:

I know it’s been said many times, but the premier league has not come out of all this well.

They haven’t come across as being meticulous, they’ve just come across arrogant and incompetent.

They have barely said a word on it, how on earth have you got 'arrogant' from the last few weeks  :lol:

Masters said there was no timescale while looking like a smug twat. I suppose that is what ticks people off.

I can't agree with the bit in bold, surely the time taken points towards them being exactly the opposite of that (i.e. being very meticulous). It's a confidential process, so they are legally bound to only discuss the process with the parties directly involved. That's not to say we won't get some insight after a decision has been made which could indicate why it has taken so long.

Good thread here. This latest letter from the MP is based on what was in the press rather than what was actually in the WTO report. Suggesting he hasn't actually read it

Good thread here. This latest letter from the MP is based on what was in the press rather than what was actually in the report. Suggesting he hasn't actually read it

Course he hasn't, he's been told what to say by Qatar in return for money to cover up his affairs.

If the Government gets involved.  :lol:

Not going to happen but fail to see how that would be amusing ?

They will get involved, it’s just that we’ll never get to know about it or the level of their involvement. I’ve also wondered, if PIF as an investment vehicle, were taking over a steelworks or any UK business that employed 1000’s of workers whether those who object to our takeover, on moral grounds, would be making so much noise, I somehow don’t think they would.

They will get involved, it’s just that we’ll never get to know about it or the level of their involvement. I’ve also wondered, if PIF as an investment vehicle, were taking over a steelworks or any UK business that employed 1000’s of workers whether those who object to our takeover, on moral grounds, would be making so much noise, I somehow don’t think they would.

Football clubs are not like other businesses

So fuck.

So fuck.

:lol: You asked the fucking question ffs.

This fucking thread, man.

Don’t get this argument it’s exactly what they are these days.

How would them owning a football club, differ from Qatar owning a media network, for example to pedal their soft power ?