Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

'by the letter of the law it should have no chance'?

Christ, so many different and conflicting interpretations of what is going on.

It just needs to end.

By the letter of what law? Does he say?

No idea, just going off that tweet above.

It just needs to end.

All of the journalists will be saying this over the next few days “ it should have failed but there was just too much pressure on the PL to pass it”

That’s what he says.

He’s wrong though as the WTO report didn’t blame MBS/PIF or the Saudi state for being behind the piracy. Just said enough wasn’t done to tackle it or allow access to their legal system to prosecute.

He’s either not read the report or has an anti-Saudi angle. Journalists these days seem to want to influence and make the news, not just report it. Don’t believe all that you read folks!

Sean Ingles is against the takeover, so he’s just another journalist putting his own spin on WTO report.

However, my confidence is rising by the day, though groups including bein have been very public with their objections, ingles tweet confirms theirs big pressure to approve.

Everyone doubted at the start why the Saudis needed to involve reubens and Staveley, but I think now we see why. They are the respectable face of this bid, and in particular Jamie Reuben is a close ally of Boris.

There is no way the premier league have not discussed this deal with government, due to ramifications of relationship with Saudi Arabia.

It just needs to end.

All of the journalists will be saying this over the next few days “ it should have failed but there was just too much pressure on the PL to pass it”

Sounds like a pretty fair assessment though, doesn't it?  They clearly did what they've been accused of, and the WTO is right that giving it the thumbs up in that case runs counter to the Premier League's own standards.  But hopefully, knowing the Premier League, that won't be an issue.

It just needs to end.

Sounds like a pretty fair assessment though, doesn't it?  They clearly did what they've been accused of, and the WTO is right that giving it the thumbs up in that case runs counter to the Premier League's own standards.  But hopefully, knowing the Premier League, that won't be an issue.

The WTO never said that about the PL and the WTO report didn’t state that the Saudis are behind the piracy, it is all spin from the Magedia claiming that it does say that.

Hopefully positive news soon.

The huge numbers of "mis-quotes" and "misunderstandings" on here (often quoted "as if they are FACTS") is quite incredible.

I thought the Takeover would be approved, because of the WTO Report as evidence, the "day after" it was published.

I obviously got the time-scale wrong, but the facts still speak for themselves, and the inevitable approval should be given very, very soon now.

Happy DAZE imminently ahead people, VERY happy indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the key section of report and journalists are choosing to ignore.

/https://twitter.com/Andy_Ebs4/status/1274243751322554368

Again that’s just an interpretation that’s what leaves this whole thing on a knife edge as everyone has different views on it.

Guest godzilla

Again that’s just an interpretation that’s what leaves this whole thing on a knife edge as everyone has different views on it.

That's no interpretation, there is nothing in the report stating the government of KSA or PIF were directly involved in the transmission.

That's no interpretation, there is nothing in the report stating the government of KSA or PIF were directly involved in the transmission.

No but the reporters who are saying it does are highlighting other points about them not shitting it down which shows they supported it and seem to believe that will be enough.

Guest godzilla

No but the reporters who are saying it does are highlighting other points about them not shitting it down which shows they supported it and seem to believe that will be enough.

You could say that about Amazon then also as you can install the Kodi/IPTV (and I presume BEoutQ) apps on the firestick so why have they not shut that down/stopped available downloads of these apps

You could say that about Amazon then also as you can install the Kodi/IPTV (and I presume BEoutQ) apps on the firestick so why have they not shut that down/stopped available downloads of these apps

I honestly think the report gives the premier league enough room to decide either way and not suffer any backlash.

Guest godzilla

I honestly think the report gives the premier league enough room to decide either way and not suffer any backlash.

Not sure I agree with that mind

Same here, I think if they do turn it down it gets overturned on appeal, as there is nothing linking PIF with piracy.

There is no doubt that it could and possibly should be turned down on moral grounds, but that ship sailed years ago with Russian, UAE, Chinese and Saudi ownership already in the premier league, so if they did take a stand now it would be ripped apart by the Saudi lawyers.

Same here, I think if they do turn it down it gets overturned on appeal, as there is nothing linking PIF with piracy.

There is no doubt that it could and possibly should be turned down on moral grounds, but that ship sailed years ago with Russian, UAE, Chinese and Saudi ownership already in the premier league, so if they did take a stand now it would be ripped apart by the Saudi lawyers.

Moral grounds are not part of the PL ODT.

Exactly they are not as they choose to not put them in, so can’t turn us down. What I was trying to say on moral grounds the Saudis probably shouldn’t be able to buy a football club but that also goes for almost half of the other premier league clubs

Exactly they are not as they choose to not put them in, so can’t turn us down. What I was trying to say on moral grounds the Saudis probably shouldn’t be able to buy a football club but that also goes for almost half of the other premier league clubs

If they revamp the test after this takeover they may/could add such a rule, however morality is a minefield.