Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Slightly concerned that the new owners criteria for a new manager seems to be the quality of the manager, rather than how much of a "nice" bloke they are and which team their father supported.

Rafa is both a nice bloke and a top quality manager. :thup:

Didn't support the club as a boy though so that puts him behind Bruce.

Good point, probably isn't a fan of greggs Steak bakes either. Bruce for me lyk

The minute they sit down and speak with Bruce they'll know he's a mess and understand what must be done.

Like someone already said earlier, have this image on the first slide of the powerpoint presentation during the first meeting Bruce and the owners. Bruce can't even use the excuse of limited funds for the pathetic stats, he approved Joelinton's record breaking signing too. Proof of why he shouldnt be given money to spend.

If Ashley pulls out of this deal and the Saudis lose their £17 mill deposit they might decide to just behead him

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he can't.

He can but it will cost him more than his deposit in penalty clauses.

Apologies if this has already been asked or covered, but does anyone know what is covered in this "fit and proper" owner's test?

It's basically all financial criteria I think. Have they ever been bankrupt, have they got any fraud convictions etc?

Thank you  :)

theres one bit thats interesting reading the premier league handbook rules on the test to quote

Dishonestly receiving a programme broadcast from within the UK with intent to avoid payment

now as far as I understand from reading the rules laid out there it requires a conviction in court for this to come into play but given the issues Bien Sports has with their channels just being stolen and rebroadcast from within Saudi Arabia it could cause some interesting questions from the premier league

Saudi: sorry for stealing ok? We create one new network of channels to broadcast the PL in our country and we pay you for it. Deal?

PL: Newcastle United Football Club- Sold!

Can someone update the title setting as there's a fair few confirmed it's in the final stages of the tests/contracts exchanged?

Means nowt in the grand scheme of things but a positive title change always lifts the spirits :lol:

Can someone update the title setting as there's a fair few confirmed it's in the final stages of the tests/contracts exchanged?

Means nowt in the grand scheme of things but a positive title change always lifts the spirits :lol:

f***ing Greg beat me to it.

Guest neesy111

Not sure if relevant but those huge Sports Direct signs stuck on the back of the Gallowgate are currently in the process of being pulled down.

Essential work....

Saudi pl tv deal: has to be prosecuted to count against and they couldn’t find anyone who was willing in SA to do so.

I do think there will be a change for subs and then putting money in towards the tv deal now. I think it was more of a duck you towards the Qatar who’s feeds they were leeching rather than the pl.

Guest chopey

Not sure if relevant but those huge Sports Direct signs stuck on the back of the Gallowgate are currently in the process of being pulled down.

Fuckin right on

Doesn't sound like a "work from home" task.

I'd happily destroy Sports Direct stuff at home, if I didn't have to buy it first.

Didn't they get taken down ages ago and replaced with those tacky gold on black 'Gallowgate Stand' signs?

Guest neesy111

Didn't they get taken down ages ago and replaced with those tacky gold on black 'Gallowgate Stand' signs?

Didn't they put Sports Direct signs over the railings?

'last edit by Greg' :lol: nice.

Damn right. I'm not the idiot off Masterchef nor I am a seller of vegan sausage rolls.

Damn right. I'm not the idiot off Masterchef nor I am a seller of vegan sausage rolls.

So 3rd best Greg(g) variant in our lives? Still not bad, like.

Still going on about Masterchef :lol:

Nah, bullshit. Steve Wraith told me there were NO meetings planned. He's ITK don't you know.

Any chance someone could show him that on Twitter?

Cunty mccuntface has blocked me on Twitter for calling him a c***

It is a lost case Wraith thinks he knows all when in actual case he doesn't know shit.

Still going on about Masterchef :lol:

Gregggggg needs to calm down like