Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

also

• Steve Bruce would stay in charge of the first team.

[move][glow=red,2,300]:anguish:[/glow][/move]

Still doesn't concern me at all. He will be away as soon as the season ends. They aren't thick enough to think, even for a split second, that giving Steve fucking Bruce any form of budget would be a good idea. They'll want a big name for their shiny new toy but will be polite at first (and keep Bruce). If there were no more games this season, he'd be peddled immediately.

He will know it, the players will know it, the fans do know it, even the new owners will know it. He'd be better off just walking but then will lose £££.

there is an understanding that Newcastle will not be able to go toe-to-toe with Liverpool and Manchester City from the outset.

i'd honestly prefer we go the dortmund model myself, strong emphasis on youth scouting and development and hoovering up the best talent to build a team over time

Agree to some extent. Would be nice to be able to keep hold of the talent that does emerge though. Dortmunds model includes selling top players.

there is an understanding that Newcastle will not be able to go toe-to-toe with Liverpool and Manchester City from the outset.

i'd honestly prefer we go the dortmund model myself, strong emphasis on youth scouting and development and hoovering up the best talent to build a team over time

Their model is a higher budget version of the one Ashley tried getting away with under Carr but wouldn’t give him the money to do it properly. I’d be on board with it.

Yea, I’d love that. I’m not saying it cheapens things the way Man City have done it but I’d love to see real investment into a project and watch it develop.

yeah for sure but even short term i don't want that fucking oaf anywhere near the club personally, have despised him since the moment he slithered up

Cannot help but agree with this like :thup: I don't think anyone will be relegated this year, least of all us, but I do wish that a ceremonial first move would be to thank him for his efforts and peddle him

Agree to some extent. Would be nice to be able to keep hold of the talent that does emerge though. Dortmunds model includes selling top players.

well that would be the key for us wouldn't it, we could presumably tell anyone else to fuck off within reason if they come sniffing

yeah for sure but even short term i don't want that fucking oaf anywhere near the club personally, have despised him since the moment he slithered up

Cannot help but agree with this like :thup: I don't think anyone will be relegated this year, least of all us, but I do wish that a ceremonial first move would be to thank him for his efforts and peddle him

exactly, send a message that that kind of bullshit is over - piss-take party is over if you will :lol:

also

• Steve Bruce would stay in charge of the first team.

[move][glow=red,2,300]:anguish:[/glow][/move]

Also Charnley. Double :anguish:

Charnley will be like Bruce. As soon as there is a definite conclusion to this season, they will both be peddled. Covid will impact people taking jobs etc so it doesn't concern me at all. I think come 20/21 season, whenever that may be, there will be both a new MD and a new man in the dugout.

Don't worry about Bruce staying till the end of season, it's a charm offensive, the Man City owners done exactly the same with Hughes and said how great he was and then sacked him.

The worry with Hughes is that he was actually there about 15 months I think. Fuck having that mess there that length of time. As soon as the season ends, pay him off, shake his hand, slap the back of his head on the way out.

Don't worry about Bruce staying till the end of season, it's a charm offensive, the Man City owners done exactly the same with Hughes and said how great he was and then sacked him.

The worry with Hughes is that he was actually there about 15 months I think. Fuck having that mess there that length of time. As soon as the season ends, pay him off, shake his hand, slap the back of his head on the way out.

there's no doubt in my mind they won't keep him very long like, hughes was fairly highly rated still when man city were taken over - absolutely everyone bar our fucking moronic fans knows bruce is absolute shite

Complaining about retaining our manager for nine games, in the middle of a global pandemic, when we're about to be taken over by a sovereign wealth fund. :lol:

And yet, still, there's comments about 'our moronic fans'. :lol: