Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

There was some talk the checks started on 31st, which is 4 weeks today.

May well have started earlier the actual date the documents submitted to Companies House was the 8th April

How easy would it actually be to bring in a new manager now?

Assuming a flight could be arranged (I guess private flights are still running pretty much as standard) they would have to go into quarantine straight away wouldn't they?

is that a thing in this country?  i thought we were still allowing people to flood in as they like

May well have started earlier the actual date the documents submitted to Companies House was the 8th April

Submitted to CH on 8th, showing deposit paid. Apparently wouldn't have submitted that money unless early suggestions were they would pass the test. If that is the case then 4 weeks is either nearly up or if that journo from ages ago was correct on the 31st to prem, then up today.

Guest godzilla

Submitted to CH on 8th, showing deposit paid. Apparently wouldn't have submitted that money unless early suggestions were they would pass the test. If that is the case then 4 weeks is either nearly up or if that journo from ages ago was correct on the 31st to prem, then up today.

May well be right, as I said a couple of pages ago, if we haven't heard by Friday then I would say it's not looking good.

The PL have had fuck all to do for 4 weeks at least , you’d think this would be done within a week, what a fuck on man.

to be fair, they might have had to spend five minutes or so thinking about how they can safely restart one of the most high profile and high value leagues in world sport in the face of a hideous global pandemic :lol:

The PL have had fuck all to do for 4 weeks at least , you’d think this would be done within a week, what a fuck on man.

not sure that's entirely correct like, planning what to do with the season and the various consequences is probably taking up a fair bit of their time :lol:

Aye.... apart from trying to work through all the combination of scenarios about what to do about this/next season :laugh:

The PL have had f*** all to do for 4 weeks at least , you’d think this would be done within a week, what a f*** on man.

not sure that's entirely correct like, planning what to do with the season and the various consequences is probably taking up a fair bit of their time :lol:

My point being yes I know they have that to do but that’s it, also they must have had plenty of staff, this will take one bloke and a couple of solicitors surely? Plus they couldn’t plan anything about the re start 3 weeks ago could they?

Dunno just seems to have been yonks , maybe it’s cabin fever on my behalf.

Bruce needs to go, he's been incredibly lucky that we aren't in the relegation spots.

We've played like dogshit this season and have scrapped a few lucky results.

This. There shouldn’t even be any discussion about it. First job on day 1 should be binning the cunt and his coaching team.

Had this not slipped out that day from the Companies House stuff, there's a good chance that we would still be in the dark with the whole thing, and it would have been a nice surprise when it gets announced later this week.

It was not slipped out. Companies House info is open to public to access IINM.

If I was making a £300m investment, the first thing i'd do is make sure it was being managed by someone with the credibility and credentials to do it properly. It's a total no-brainer.

The only way i can see Bruce staying on is purely because the new owners have to wait until their own man is available. Either way he's a dead man walking.

How easy would it actually be to bring in a new manager now?

Assuming a flight could be arranged (I guess private flights are still running pretty much as standard) they would have to go into quarantine straight away wouldn't they?

They are bringing it in now aren't they? May have just been a rogue paper headline that I saw though

is that a thing in this country?  i thought we were still allowing people to flood in as they like

So are we not expecting any announcement until the money is completely transferred, or are we expecting a statement along the lines of premier league approval given deal subject to confirmation of payment

My guess is we’ll get an announcement when money is transferred and the deal is done.

I don't suppose we'll hear anything until it's all done and complete, based on earlier commentary about previous deals in the region being kept quiet until they were concluded.

It's absolutely as it should be, really; tell people once and tell them the full story is always the best way.

This is the most confident I’ve seen Caulkin regarding the PL tests. Hopefully just a matter of time now.

"Once the PL give approval which they will, very soon"

That's the bit that's got me wanking.

I don't suppose we'll hear anything until it's all done and complete, based on earlier commentary about previous deals in the region being kept quiet until they were concluded.

It's absolutely as it should be, really; tell people once and tell them the full story is always the best way.

This goes through today, my cup of coffee is getting launched all over the french doors like.