Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If they've exchanged a contract which is conditional on Premier League approval, there would normally be a lag of a few days from approval coming through and completion happening. If they have brought the scouting staff back from furlough, then that might be a sign they have the approval, so maybe only a few days away.

Guest Howaythetoon

Michael Stipe as manager and I’d buy 100 season season tickets, only if the players come out to the one I love though  :smitten:

www.independent.co.uk/voices/saudi-arabia-newcastle-united-takeover-bid-mbs-mohammed-bin-salman-a9486791.html%3famp

Another bad article to add to the collection, this time from a Saudi analyst based in Washington DC

FINALLY THE BIGGEST SAGA OF THE TAKEOVER IS AT AN END.#CANS #CANSFORDAYS  :itk: :Jonny2J: :indi: :indi: :indi: :indi: :indi: :indi:

Ameritoon[/member]

As some of you doubtless know, a significant development in the takeover was first detailed by the telegraph on the 29th March 2020. Unfortunately the article was behind a paywall so in order to read it and share it with the forum I signed up for a free 14 day trial with the Telegraph. With the simple intention of reading the article then cancelling my sub. What follows is a cautionary tale of immense personal stress and perserverance....

On getting my trial and copying and pasting the article I then tried to cancel my subscription. The my account section on the Telegraph Online allows you to view your subscription but not cancel it. Nowhere in the my account section does it tell you how to cancel. Hidden deep within the terms and conditions for subscriptions I found the following:

Had hoped that this post would be catharthic. It wasn't. I would urge everyone to stay well clear.

All the while they've been giving your money to Alison Pearson to fund Jesus's good fight against the unemployed.

www.independent.co.uk/voices/saudi-arabia-newcastle-united-takeover-bid-mbs-mohammed-bin-salman-a9486791.html%3famp

Another bad article to add to the collection, this time from a Saudi analyst based in Washington DC

Think you’ll find that’ll be Miguel Delaney who’s sourced that interview. The Manc t-%#t is obsessed with us.

The last time we talked, was when Keegan came back as manager and I was considering a return, but obviously changed my mind when it all went tits up.

Never been back. Doubt I ever will now.

I jacked in my season ticket when Fat Sham got the job, so at least I can say that Ashley has never had one penny out of me.

Just returned back since posting earlier... Looks like R.E.M. is appreciated on here by more than just us two :lol:

Time flies. I sold my season ticket on first season of Fat Sham too. Still do a few away games taking in grounds I’ve not been to before mainly and did a few home games under Rafa if I had guests staying who’d come to see NUFC from afar so he’s had a few quid off me but very little. No great foresight on my behalf but the KK sacking shortly after made it look that way :lol:

Would be great to catch up properly when lockdown is over. I owe you a pint at least for all those lifts home.  :thup:

As for thread title surely Admin need to change it to “Sale Of Newcastle United: Remember Every Moment”

FINALLY THE BIGGEST SAGA OF THE TAKEOVER IS AT AN END.#CANS #CANSFORDAYS  :itk: :Jonny2J: :indi: :indi: :indi: :indi: :indi: :indi:

Ameritoon[/member]

As some of you doubtless know, a significant development in the takeover was first detailed by the telegraph on the 29th March 2020. Unfortunately the article was behind a paywall so in order to read it and share it with the forum I signed up for a free 14 day trial with the Telegraph. With the simple intention of reading the article then cancelling my sub. What follows is a cautionary tale of immense personal stress and perserverance....

On getting my trial and copying and pasting the article I then tried to cancel my subscription. The my account section on the Telegraph Online allows you to view your subscription but not cancel it. Nowhere in the my account section does it tell you how to cancel. Hidden deep within the terms and conditions for subscriptions I found the following:

a.png

Not wanting to be on the hook for 6 months I became somewhat wary about this way of operating.

Further squirrreled away was how to cancel.

b.png

The text addition is a little nod to Ameritoon who has had the same issue as me. For posterirty the number to call has been down since I took out the initial subscription. It remains down to date.

The game was afoot, I kick things off with this on the 29th March.

1.png

So far so good.  No response by the 7th April. Try the phone again which remains down so I try another address.

2.png

BriefWarmheartedAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

3.png

I then try a different address on their contact us page.

4.png

April 7th still well within my 14 days which expires on 13th April. Automated response.

5.png

This subscriptions support link does not give you any option to cancel your subscription....this becomes a theme.

April 9th another Automated response and the shotclock is ticking towards April 13th

6.png

Here's those ever so helpful links they keep referring me to.

7.png

Again the manage my subscription link does not let you cancel....we roll past the shot clock on the 13th of April and we wait.....

IjaCSTG.gif

Captains log, stardate April 17th

8.png

Im finally thinking thank fuck this is getting sorted. Turns out that this post was basically this guy ready to send me back to the ranch:

15600-19176.jpg

BECAUSE

9.png

When we follow the link to cancel here's the options....

9b.pngtenor.gif

Their response....

10.png

Back to waiting......

21st April thinking my telegraph email is confirmation of my cancellation...

11.png

Fairly standard so far... scrolling down to the same 'helpful' links

11b.png

Continuing down to the bottom of the email.....

11c.png4IUe.gif

Calm it down.

12.png

AND THEN

27th APRIL 2020 a day that will live in infamy

13.pngtenor.gif?itemid=11613859

Had hoped that this post would be catharthic. It wasn't. I would urge everyone to stay well clear.

Similar experience with Uber when my account was hacked and some fucker in London was living the high life on me getting executive taxis around London.

They kept asking me to reset my password despite the fact that i told them 1000 times I couldnt because they had changed the 2 step login phone number and a phone number was required to reset the password, which i didnt have as they had changed it, couldnt even get in to remove my card details lol.

The last time we talked, was when Keegan came back as manager and I was considering a return, but obviously changed my mind when it all went tits up.

I jacked in my season ticket when Fat Sham got the job, so at least I can say that Ashley has never had one penny out of me.

Just returned back since posting earlier... Looks like R.E.M. is appreciated on here by more than just us two :lol:

Time flies. I sold my season ticket on first season of Fat Sham too. Still do a few away games taking in grounds I’ve not been to before mainly and did a few home games under Rafa if I had guests staying who’d come to see NUFC from afar so he’s had a few quid off me but very little. No great foresight on my behalf but the KK sacking shortly after made it look that way :lol:

Would be great to catch up properly when lockdown is over. I owe you a pint at least for all those lifts home.  :thup:

As for thread title surely Admin need to change it to “Sale Of Newcastle United: Remember Every Moment”

R.E.M.

Quite possibly my favourite band. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I only went bald in the first place to be like Michael Stipe.

Now, I’m never going back to having hair again in homage to Shearer.

That and there’s no fucking cure, never mind a cure for Covid-19, find a cure for MPB.

Until then, if being bald is good enough for Mr Stipe and Big Al, I don’t mind being as bald as those two idols of mine.

Shiny happy slaphead people...

That's a big investment. A third of the global concert market are Live Nation and 30% of sports/entertainment tickets are sold through subsidiary Ticketmaster. Quite a lot of the big annual venues, global tours for pop groups and big festivals are also with Live Nation. After the pandemic, the third largest shareholder in the organizer of all those events will be the Saudi state.

That's a big investment. A third of the global concert market are Live Nation and 30% of sports/entertainment tickets are sold through subsidiary Ticketmaster. Quite a lot of the big annual venues, global tours for pop groups and big festivals are also with Live Nation. After the pandemic, the third largest shareholder in the organizer of all those events will be the Saudi state.

I wonder if we'll see our tickets sold via ticketmaster then? It's quite common for sprint teams in the USA to only sell their tickets via ticketmaster, it saves paying for box office ticket staff.

God I hope not. Ticketmaster is pure evil.

...And to be clear I am not just talking about their typical dogshit right-wing politics, I mean that they charge you random fees for doing fuck all. They are almost entirely automated with no customer service. Typical TicketMster transaction looks like either 1. I tried to buy tickets, but now its sold out but look I can buy them for 5 times the value on STub-Hub or another service that is conveniently owned by Ticketmaster or 2. Cool the tickets were only 20 quid... wait I see I was charged a tenner for a "facilities fee" another tenner for a "convenience fee" and a fiver for the ability to have it on my phone rather than a paper version. Here in the States they are sued constantly, lose in court constantly, and yet keep right on doing what they do, because it works for them robbing people and they are bastards.