Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I honestly can’t see how they would pay the deposit and then possibly risk losing it with something out of their control as the length of the premier league checks. It wouldn’t make sense, I assume still that the only thing that can stop this now is the, failing the checks or failing to pay.

Exactly. It's all utter bollocks. Other interested parties will be locked out of any chance of buying until the PL checks are complete and the current buyers have then had a short window to make the payment.

My take is still that Edwards hasn't had any news or information on his own during this entire story. He's been reduced to playing catch-up while Caulkin and Craig Hope have both been on top of developments. This – injecting some vague form of doubt without really wanting to commit to the information – is his way of trying to get out of the entire episode with some sort of relevance. He's introduced this information, but it doesn't hold up well enough to write it in the paper, he's just put it on Twitter, which puts him in another light out there. It's probably, or most certainly, nothing to worry about. Had he been sitting on information that would indicate the deal being in serious doubt, he'd have written something on it.

Guest godzilla

Can't help himself

IF his info has come from Ashley, would that not be a red flag to anyone?

If Ashley wanted to sell to PCP and a concrete deal was done, he wouldn't be putting out noise regarding a deadline. He would have no reason to. He would simply talk to PCP and give them an extra week if PL checks are taking longer than expected. If Luke's info has come from Ashleys camp, it would appear as if he is preparing to be a c*** again if he gets the chance (ie this rumoured exclusivity period ends).

He could be making it all up for the attention granted. Hopefully it turns out to be the second option.

In regards to the takeover, he has spent the last few weeks posting negative tweets to only take back what he said or even dismiss what he said entirely in his replies to the very same tweets.

If you look, he’ll have a period of about half an hour where he doesn’t tweet after his initial tweet. This is enough time for fans to get anxious and to start tweeting asking for clarity. He then comes in and gives them comfort before the likes of Caulkin and others can come and say there is nothing to worry about and what has been said is simply not true.

Look at the last 3 days, he’s done this exact thing each day over the last few days.

It must be frustrating for the likes of Caulkin who have more of an insight or what’s going on than they can share. They are spending their time trying to reassure people, whilst also trying to share as much of what they can.

They then have a fellow ‘professional’ coming in and storing the pot for the attention, a fellow professional who Caulkin defends simply out of professionalism. Many people say Caulkin and Edwards are friends, however I firmly believe they have only a professional relationship. It is quite telling that once Caulkin went to the Athletic, it was Waugh who followed him there, not Edwards.

Caulkin has been very quiet about everything these last few days

My take is still that Edwards hasn't had any news or information on his own during this entire story. He's been reduced to playing catch-up while Caulkin and Craig Hope have both been on top of developments. This – injecting some vague form of doubt without really wanting to commit to the information – is his way of trying to get out of the entire episode with some sort of relevance. He's introduced this information, but it doesn't hold up well enough to write it in the paper, he's just put it on Twitter, which puts him in another light out there. It's probably, or most certainly, nothing to worry about. Had he been sitting on information that would indicate the deal being in serious doubt, he'd have written something on it.

It's a good point. He would write an article on it.

Expect an exclusive later. ;D

Yup, that’s my take as well. His tweets consist of nothing, like soap bubbles that he spreads around.

I have a feeling that if the lockdown comes out and the economy returns to normal sooner than expected he will hold on to us. Unless there are severe financial penalties involved in him doing so.

What makes you think football will be returning to anything close to normal sooner than expected? Last I heard there isn't going to be football crowds at home grounds until the end of the year, pretty hard to see how owning a football club is going to be seen as a good financial proposition without gate receipts and played out in empty stadiums.

I have a feeling that if the lockdown comes out and the economy returns to normal sooner than expected he will hold on to us. Unless there are severe financial penalties involved in him doing so.

What makes you think football will be returning to anything close to normal sooner than expected? Last I heard there isn't going to be football crowds at home grounds until the end of the year, pretty hard to see how owning a football club is going to be seen as a good financial proposition without gate receipts and played out in empty stadiums.

The Tv money will still be in play if the PL resumes even behind closed doors. That could be as early as July, i doubt it would be much closer to xmas but that is merely guesswork.

The Tv money will still be in play if the PL resumes even behind closed doors. That could be as early as July, i doubt it would be much closer to xmas but that is merely guesswork.

TV companies will not be paying big money for a game without crowds. Football as an investment is fucked for the next 12 months or so, only the Saudis would find it worthwhile, and that's because of political reasons, not because they are expecting to make money. One of the reasons I've said we are pretty lucky the Saudis chose us as the club they want to invest in.

TV companies will not be paying big money for a game without crowds. Football as an investment is f***ed for the next 12 months or so, only the Saudis would find it worthwhile, and that's because of political reasons, not because they are expecting to make money. One of the reasons I've said we are pretty lucky the Saudis chose us as the club they want to invest in.

TV money is obviously the bulk of the money in the game now. I do not know either way if they are tied in to pay the full contracted rate under the current situation or not.

Hopefully you are right

Caulkin last said in regards to Luke's post that nothing had changed and he was still positive, Caulkin won't talk again until there's something official.

With regards to Ashley's leaks, he's already intimated that he's annoyed he can't declare the deal done, this is likely to put pressure on the buyers side to put a completion statement out surely?