Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Carrick18

When it’s completed, would people be happy if we did similar to what Man City did and buy other teams around the world in order to have a collection of clubs?

I mean imagine if we bought Newcastle United Jets in Australia, or an MLS team who played in black and white stripes. A toon army in Saskatoon Canada (not going to happen with Canadian Saudi relationships).

It would be great for having a base to gain talent from around the world, and to gain supporters from.

To what end though? It's dependant on the market, but I don't think City Football Group or Manchester City have felt a significant benefit other than having eyes on the ground in these places. The priority needs to be the club's infrastructure locally.

From the PL rules relating to owners and directors test:

F.4.

If any Person proposes to become a Director of a Club (including for the avoidance of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or acquiring Control of the Club):

F.4.1. the Club shall, no later than 10 Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such Person shall become a Director, submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of that Person signed by him and by an Authorised Signatory, at which point that Person shall be bound by and subject to the Rules;

F.4.2. within five Working Days of receipt thereof the Board shall confirm to the Club whether or not he is liable to be disqualified as a Director under the provisions in Rule F.1, and if he is so liable the Board will take the steps set out in Rule F.6; and

F.4.3. he shall not become a Director until the Club has received confirmation from the Board pursuant to Rule F.4.2 above that he is not liable to be disqualified as a Director under the provisions of Rule F.1.

Page 122 here for the relevant info: https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2020/04/17/049a315f-f4a8-4706-bcec-75ec9ddf7f73/2019-20-PL-Handbook-170420.pdf

In short, the rules say they will give a decision (in principle at the very least) within 5 working days. No idea why it's always claimed as 4 weeks. The consortium should know the answer by now.

That's after the test has been completed.

There is absolutely no way you could get a test done in 5 days.

It's for Directors, I deleted the original post as I realised it may not apply to the owners part. But it does state 5 days for a decision for a director in the PL handbook. The 4 weeks may be an unofficial timescale for the owners test but it's not in the handbook.

Dont see caulkin touching it if it had an anti takeover agenda. Onwurah won't be backing herself into a corner either.

Still think it was planned in the mindset it would be done by now. I certainly cant see it happening and george hosting it without tha ownership having input/having a vested interest in it.

George has been fairly obvious how he feels about this takeover. Not sure how people could say otherwise unless they just don’t simply know how to read.

Don’t think anyone is saying otherwise. Where did you get the impression people did?

They don't say they have passed the test and then have a 5 day period where they might change their minds.

Likely they do the directors suitability first then move on to other parts of the test. Complete speculation though. Bet you wouldnt have thought that would happen here.

When it’s completed, would people be happy if we did similar to what Man City did and buy other teams around the world in order to have a collection of clubs?

I mean imagine if we bought Newcastle United Jets in Australia, or an MLS team who played in black and white stripes. A toon army in Saskatoon Canada (not going to happen with Canadian Saudi relationships).

It would be great for having a base to gain talent from around the world, and to gain supporters from.

Why would you offer a hypothetical and then immediately dismiss it? :lol:

We have all long dreamed of NUFC having a partner club in the 16th largest urban area in Canada, a known footballing hotbed of support and talent, based on nothing other than the tenuous linked name of the city.

To what end though? It's dependant on the market, but I don't think City Football Group or Manchester City have felt a significant benefit other than having eyes on the ground in these places. The priority needs to be the club's infrastructure locally.

Speaking for Melbourne City, between the loan fee to Huddersfield and the transfer fee to Brighton for Aaron Mooy, the City Group made more than the entire value of Melbourne City FC.

Australia's example is ridiculously small time, but still...

We could buy up some local football teams in some of the many other "Newcastles" around the world. That would be 'unique' . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/newcastle-our-official-twin-cities-and-all-the-newcastles-of-the-world.1521719/unread

Well, maybe not !!

Why would you offer a hypothetical and then immediately dismiss it? :lol:

Here in Saskatoon we take all the PR we can get. Also have a prospective team that would welcome more investment :p

It will be nothing.

Surely they would likely have a temporary agreement with SD at least. They can’t exactly just start their own online store overnight.

I mean, planning on multiple fronts is fairly common. They'll be waiting for the PL checks to be finished so it'll be official, but you'd imagine they'll be confident enough in that happening to actually be working on their investment so they'll not have to catch up once they've been handed the keys. It would be a lot weirder if they were not ready to roll from day one.

It will be nothing.

Surely they would likely have a temporary agreement with SD at least. They can’t exactly just start their own online store overnight.

All websites owned & managed by the same owner/management co, were down for maintenance at the same time. Think there was like 4 websites down for the same reason. It's nothing.

Believe this when I see it.

Staveley may well be putting heat on Ashley to reduce price or, PL are looking at a way for the takeover not going ahead by bringing politics into it. It doesn't seem to bother any arms manufacturers who buys their stuff, so why should the PL and the rest worry who buys NUFC politics just politics.

Believe this when I see it.

Staveley may well be putting heat on Ashley to reduce price or, PL are looking at a way for the takeover not going ahead by bringing politics into it. It doesn't seem to bother any arms manufacturers who buys their stuff, so why should the PL and the rest worry who buys NUFC politics just politics.

The price and a £17 million deposit has been paid and contracts exchanged, do keep up Wyn😉

I’m bi polar with regard to the take over.

Half my brain is saying something is rotten after they expected the checks to be done on Thursday but then got pushed back.  I think the whole thing could have gone to shit.

The other half is believing that the store being down is due to the deal being done and sports direct no longer having the commercial agreement to be the club store.