Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Dont the Saudis also have Mondays off?  :lol:

Sure I read they do fuck all on Fridays n'al.  Lazy bastards.

would it matter bearing in mind Staveley and PCP are the ones brokering the deal.

Lock down has actually been quite decent to attempt at avoiding takeover talk. However seems to be a theme appearing from recently catching up which involves key phrases such as:

• No reason to worry
  • How things stand
  • No red flags
  • Where things stand today/tonight
  • Bringing you right up to date
  • Still in the hands of the Premier League
  • High confidence remains on buyer side
  • #Cans

All of the above have been used within the last 24 hours and essentially it is no news - the fact remains there is a desire for information and probably a hope to be the first to break either a successful or unsuccessful sale. I'd love for something a bit more substantive to come out before Thursday but realistically a sale is trying to take place during a global pandemic as well as the Premier League trying to get 'Project Restart' underway.

Sure I read they do fuck all on Fridays n'al.  Lazy bastards.

To be brutally honest, it's almost impossible to get anyone to work on any day of the week out there. If you send them for a 15 minute break, you need to GPS tag first them because they could be gone for hours. :lol:

But officially, their days off are Friday and Saturday. Friday is their holy day, and there's not a hope in hell of getting any of them to do anything then. Think about if you asked someone to work Christmas Day in the UK, but have that mentality 52 times a year. Saturday they're a bit more relaxed. Sunday to Thursday are a normal working days.

Everyone still think this will go through? I'm more doubtful now...

Are you only more doubtful because it hasn't been announced today?

Just seems to be taking so long, I know no news could be perceived as good news but I honestly expected it to be completed by the end of the month.

Sure I read they do f*** all on Fridays n'al.  Lazy b******s.

would it matter bearing in mind Staveley and PCP are the ones brokering the deal.

MBS wont be leaving all this to Amanda mate no matter how nice her tits are

People are now imagining potential scenarios to worry themselves? I'm out  :lol:

Rather unfair assessment given the 13 years of shit we have had.

I'm as cynical as the next man, but there's no evidence to suggest the deal is in trouble so there's no point in worrying. That might change, but there's been nothing to suggest it will.

He'll be leaving running the football side of it to her, and that's what we are concerned with. If she's writing letters to Stifler, at least she's giving somewhat of a shit about fans and probably has a feel for football clubs.

People are now imagining potential scenarios to worry themselves? I'm out  :lol:

Rather unfair assessment given the 13 years of s*** we have had.

I'm as cynical as the next man, but there's no evidence to suggest the deal is in trouble so there's no point in worrying. That might change, but there's been nothing to suggest it will.

So are you back in again then mate?  :lol:

He'll be leaving running the football side of it to her, and that's what we are concerned with. If she's writing letters to Stifler, at least she's giving somewhat of a s*** about fans and probably has a feel for football clubs.

:lol: :lol:

Rather unfair assessment given the 13 years of s*** we have had.

So are you back in again then mate?  :lol:

Seems that way  :lol:

Everyone still think this will go through? I'm more doubtful now...

Are you only more doubtful because it hasn't been announced today?

Just seems to be taking so long, I know no news could be perceived as good news but I honestly expected it to be completed by the end of the month.

Middle of May. Always has been. 

When it’s completed, would people be happy if we did similar to what Man City did and buy other teams around the world in order to have a collection of clubs?

I mean imagine if we bought Newcastle United Jets in Australia, or an MLS team who played in black and white stripes. A toon army in Saskatoon Canada (not going to happen with Canadian Saudi relationships).

It would be great for having a base to gain talent from around the world, and to gain supporters from.

When it’s completed, would people be happy if we did similar to what Man City did and buy other teams around the world in order to have a collection of clubs?

I mean imagine if we bought Newcastle United Jets in Australia, or an MLS team who played in black and white stripes. A toon army in Saskatoon Canada (not going to happen with Canadian Saudi relationships).

It would be great for having a base to gain talent from around the world, and to gain supporters from.

Get a link up with clubs in a decent league like Belgium, The Netherlands,

and France. Sign up young players and farm them out like Chelsea and bring them into the team when developed or sell on for profit is a better model I believe. Owning other clubs outright I don't see the benefit of versus the cost. If we want a larger foreign fan base signing players from that country like S Korea and Japan would be more beneficial for that.