Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It's all well and good getting opinions, but pointless if they don't turn out to be our new owners. No reason it couldn't have been done if/when they actually takeover.

But they will be our new owners.

Yes if/when it goes through.  If it doesn't, it's all just a pointless exercise which, like i said, could have waited until it was confirmed.

It's all well and good getting opinions, but pointless if they don't turn out to be our new owners. No reason it couldn't have been done if/when they actually takeover.

Close down all the media. In fact close down the forum then. Better not talk about it at all.

Can someone not ask the question tomorrow?

Why wasn't this meeting held back until confirmation of the deal was made?

We might get an answer we all like.

Why would you only talk about something topical after it has happened? When we as fans are being hammered in the media by some? Why does the deal going through make a difference? The prospective deal is a national talking point right now. Deal or no deal. This is newsworthy now and being discussed at a national level now and a lot of that coverage has been very one sided.

Why would you only talk about something topical after it has happened? When we as fans are being hammered in the media by some? Why does the deal going through make a difference? The prospective deal is a national talking point right now. Deal or no deal. This is newsworthy now and being discussed at a national level now and a lot of that coverage has been very one sided.

I guess it depends on your faith in our fan base. If I knew it was going to be people like yourself that don’t embarrass us in public then I doubt there would be any concerns. Certainly not in my mind.

The devils advocate in me would suggest that it could turn out to be a bit of a car crash :lol:

On a more serious note it’s dragging fans into politics and I’m not so sure that’s a good thing. Especially when our defence (including your own on Radio which I agreed with) is that we don’t have a say in who owns the club.

If it wasnt being ran by the likes of Caulkin and Chi and involve people like Greg, then I might think it was a pissing contest.

Since it includes plenty of people with the best of intentions, I've no worries at all. It's also a fairly heavy indicator of a deal being close. Even though the likes of Greg wont confirm as much.

I guess it depends on your faith in our fan base. If I knew it was going to be people like yourself that don’t embarrass us in public then I doubt there would be any concerns. Certainly not in my mind.

The devils advocate in me would suggest that it could turn out to be a bit of a car crash :lol:

On a more serious note it’s dragging fans into politics and I’m not so sure that’s a good thing. Especially when our defence (including your own on Radio which I agreed with) is that we don’t have a say in who owns the club.

I dont think the entire conversation is going to be based on human rights. I assume alot of it is going to be about what the local area could gain from a takeover too.

Because it's not guaranteed to happen, as I said it could all be a pointless exercise and I'm not sure any good will come of it, of course it's good to have people like yourself giving their opinion but to me it would have made sense to wait.

To be honest, of course coverage is one sided with who it involves, I'm not sure what difference this will make to to that narrative, I certainly don't expect it to change the way most people look at it.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on what's said,

I dont think the entire conversation is going to be based on human rights. I assume alot of it is going to be about what the local area could gain from a takeover too.

I understand what you are saying and appreciate it. Some may argue that what is does or doesn’t do for the local area is also politics. It certainly isn’t about football. Why else would there be any need for the MP of Newcastle running it.

First impression of the headline speakers is that it is a bit heavy on the global / human rights outlook. Ok if they only get 15 mins and are cognisant of local and footballing issues, but if they spend 2 hrs just talking down the fan base it’s going to be horrific.

I understand what you are saying and appreciate it. Some may argue that what is does or doesn’t do for the local area is also politics. It certainly isn’t about football. Why else would there be any need for the MP of Newcastle running it.

Chi set up the event as the MP for Newcastle Central which incorporates Newcastle United within her constituency. She wants to understand fan opinion - she would usually do that by going around talking to people, e.g. on match days or hosting events in town (which she has done before on topical NUFC issues) but can't do any of that due to COVID19.

First impression of the headline speakers is that it is a bit heavy on the global / human rights outlook. Ok if they only get 15 mins and are cognisant of local and footballing issues, but if they spend 2 hrs just talking down the fan base it’s going to be horrific.

Each speaker will have 3 minutes.

Chi set up the event as the MP for Newcastle Central which incorporates Newcastle United within her constituency. She wants to understand fan opinion - she would usually do that by going around talking to people, e.g. on match days or hosting events in town (which she has done before on topical NUFC issues) but can't do any of that due to COVID19.

Again I appreciate that but it’s what a politician does and highlights it further that it’s dragging NUFC into a political arena. If my local MP ever bothers to ask me my concerns I wouldn’t want it to be streamed live or reported it on by journalists. Let’s also being honest. Having a NUFC fan as an MP hasn’t really been any benefit to the club the previous several years.

Anyway I hope it’s a success and my fears are unfounded and you personally knock it out the park like you usually do :thup:

In short I’m just struggling to see what benefit any of this will be for fans of a football club. I can see some possible educational aspects gained by some (me included perhaps) but again they would only be political ones.

When I first seen this, the reaction was that the amnesty internatinal representative, for example, being filled in on the benefits of such a takeover. I now feel it will probably predictably be the exact opposite and no compromise from that end of things.

*Would also far rather wait until/if it happens. Really couldn't get into it knowing its all conjecture at this point. I haven't even been able to force project how I'd feel about it. I/we will know if/when.

Seems like a pointless exercise that can only generate the wrong sort of headlines.

Whatever happens, it's not going to be reported as an honest and friendly exchange of views.

Yeah I’m firmly in the camp that the meeting is designed to try to convince NUFC fans that it’s not a good idea...or it will certainly be spun that way. Not sure of the benefit of it. Seems futile when the takeover hasn’t even happened yet and will only likely breed negative headlines.

Dont see caulkin touching it if it had an anti takeover agenda. Onwurah won't be backing herself into a corner either.

Still think it was planned in the mindset it would be done by now. I certainly cant see it happening and george hosting it without tha ownership having input/having a vested interest in it.

Dont see caulkin touching it if it had an anti takeover agenda. Onwurah won't be backing herself into a corner either.

Still think it was planned in the mindset it would be done by now. I certainly cant see it happening and george hosting it without tha ownership having input/having a vested interest in it.

You never know they both might know it’s going to compete tomorrow which is why they are doing it

Guest neesy111

From the PL rules relating to owners and directors test:

F.4.

If any Person proposes to become a Director of a Club (including for the avoidance of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or acquiring Control of the Club):

F.4.1. the Club shall, no later than 10 Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such Person shall become a Director, submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of that Person signed by him and by an Authorised Signatory, at which point that Person shall be bound by and subject to the Rules;

F.4.2. within five Working Days of receipt thereof the Board shall confirm to the Club whether or not he is liable to be disqualified as a Director under the provisions in Rule F.1, and if he is so liable the Board will take the steps set out in Rule F.6; and

F.4.3. he shall not become a Director until the Club has received confirmation from the Board pursuant to Rule F.4.2 above that he is not liable to be disqualified as a Director under the provisions of Rule F.1.

Page 122 here for the relevant info: https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2020/04/17/049a315f-f4a8-4706-bcec-75ec9ddf7f73/2019-20-PL-Handbook-170420.pdf

In short, the rules say they will give a decision (in principle at the very least) within 5 working days. No idea why it's always claimed as 4 weeks. The consortium should know the answer by now.

That's after the test has been completed.

There is absolutely no way you could get a test done in 5 days.

When it’s completed, would people be happy if we did similar to what Man City did and buy other teams around the world in order to have a collection of clubs?

I mean imagine if we bought Newcastle United Jets in Australia, or an MLS team who played in black and white stripes. A toon army in Saskatoon Canada (not going to happen with Canadian Saudi relationships).

It would be great for having a base to gain talent from around the world, and to gain supporters from.

Why would you offer a hypothetical and then immediately dismiss it? :lol:

From the PL rules relating to owners and directors test:

F.4.

If any Person proposes to become a Director of a Club (including for the avoidance of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or acquiring Control of the Club):

F.4.1. the Club shall, no later than 10 Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such Person shall become a Director, submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of that Person signed by him and by an Authorised Signatory, at which point that Person shall be bound by and subject to the Rules;

F.4.2. within five Working Days of receipt thereof the Board shall confirm to the Club whether or not he is liable to be disqualified as a Director under the provisions in Rule F.1, and if he is so liable the Board will take the steps set out in Rule F.6; and

F.4.3. he shall not become a Director until the Club has received confirmation from the Board pursuant to Rule F.4.2 above that he is not liable to be disqualified as a Director under the provisions of Rule F.1.

Page 122 here for the relevant info: https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2020/04/17/049a315f-f4a8-4706-bcec-75ec9ddf7f73/2019-20-PL-Handbook-170420.pdf

In short, the rules say they will give a decision (in principle at the very least) within 5 working days. No idea why it's always claimed as 4 weeks. The consortium should know the answer by now.

That's after the test has been completed.

There is absolutely no way you could get a test done in 5 days.

There haven't been any working days in over a month.

George has been fairly obvious how he feels about this takeover. Not sure how people could say otherwise unless they just don’t simply know how to read.