Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111

It'll happen this week imo, things are going to be going slower because of the lockdown etc.

What ”things” are going to be going slower?

I think the PL's priority is getting the season restarted and any background checks etc are going to take longer.

It'll happen this week imo, things are going to be going slower because of the lockdown etc.

If everyone is working from home, it's pretty reasonable to assume that normal checking procedures have been disrupted somewhat?

It's funny people coming up with all sorts of little reasons why this is dragging on and on. It could get to July with hearing nothing and people will find excuses

It's equally funny that people are writing it off on the basis of nothing but hypothetical and speculative timelines which are based on not very much and apply only in their own minds [emoji38]

I'm not sure why I'm finding it so easy to just wait and see what happens but I count myself lucky

Guest neesy111

I find it amazing that people expect work to be done normally by the PL in these unexpected times.  Suspect all of the PL's staff are working from home for example, since it's not essential work.

I find it amazing that people expect work to be done normally by the PL in these unexpected times.  Suspect all of the PL's staff are working from home for example, since it's not essential work.

Some of the pricks at my work (who can't work from home for whatever reason) are expecting exactly the same, no disruption or hiccups, just smooth sailing.  Heedcases.

Can you imagine the fallout if the PL were to block the move.

“Oh yeah sure, we’ll just buy our military gear from Russia from now on and we’ll pull all current investment in the UK (which is considerable), if that’s how you feel about us”

Nah, no way they’d even go there. I think the checks are just over 2 weeks into the process. They have to look like they are doing something to appease the moaners so it will probably draw out for another week and a bit before we get any news of it.

In the meantime the best we can hope for is to see some more movement on the companies house websites, but even that’s all probably on hold until they get the go ahead.

I think the PL's priority is getting the season restarted and any background checks etc are going to take longer.

Staveley was told the PRL test could take up to 4 weeks. We are now in the fourth week. You think the takeover will happen this week. And that doesn’t include ”a few days” to transfer the money from the buyer to the seller. So basically it’s not going slower because of the lockdown.

Staveley was told the PRL test could take up to 4 weeks. We are now in the fourth week. You think the takeover will happen this week. And that doesn’t include ”a few days” to transfer the money from the buyer to the seller. So basically it’s not going slower because of the lockdown.

It won't all be in PL hands though will it. They'll have to apply to police or whoever to confirm they're not crime, apply to whoever else to verify they're not and have never been banko. Banks will presumably need to verify funds and so on.

It's entirely likely that the current circumstances will make that shit take much longer than normal.

If everyone is working from home, it's pretty reasonable to assume that normal checking procedures have been disrupted somewhat?

Staveley was told ”up to 4 weeks” and this is the fourth week. Neesy111 thinks it will be done this week. The fourth week. So what is slowing it down then if it was expected to take 4 weeks?

It won't all be in PL hands though will it. They'll have to apply to police or whoever to confirm they're not crime, apply to whoever else to verify they're not and have never been banko. Banks will presumably need to verify funds and so on.

It's entirely likely that the current circumstances will make that shit take much longer than normal.

Has a Saudi prince, Amanda Staveley, the billionaire Reuben brothers or the public investment fund of the state of Saudi Arabia ever been bankrupt should be a pretty fucking easy question to answer.

It's entirely likely that the current circumstances will make that s*** take much longer than normal.

You are missing the point. If the test ”could take up to 4 weeks” and you think the takeover will be completed in 4 weeks, what is slowing it down then? Nothing as it was expected to take up to 4 weeks.

As soon as the deposit was made I heard from a mate who has a contact high up in club hierarchy (no bullshit) that said Expected completion would be the middle of May. People getting bent out of shape for nothing here. It’s all on target

As soon as the deposit was made I heard from a mate who has a contact high up in club hierarchy (no bullshit) that said Expected completion would be the middle of May. People getting bent out of shape for nothing here. It’s all on target

Alas that's just too far away for people's nerves :lol:

I'm taking this as gospel, about where I am now .cheers ;)

Has a Saudi prince, Amanda Staveley, the billionaire Reuben brothers or the public investment fund of the state of Saudi Arabia ever been bankrupt should be a pretty fucking easy question to answer.

It's the influence over Sheffield United that is the only possible stumbling block. If they were to fail on that point I'd expect that Sheffield United's ownership would change very soon after and then they'd come back in for us.

It's the influence over Sheffield United that is the only possible stumbling block. If they were to fail on that point I'd expect that Sheffield United's ownership would change very soon after and then they'd come back in for us.

Not sure how it works... But I'm not sure they'll say 'a company in Saudi arabia' will have any influence over Sheff United.  We all know who is in charge, but on paper is it actually the Saudi Prince who is being looked into?

It's entirely likely that the current circumstances will make that s*** take much longer than normal.

Has a Saudi prince, Amanda Staveley, the billionaire Reuben brothers or the public investment fund of the state of Saudi Arabia ever been bankrupt should be a pretty f***ing easy question to answer.

Right, but they're gonna go through all the normal checks man and not just sign it off. FFS.

Up to 4 weeks takes us up to the end of this week since the PL tests started. Then there's the transferring of funds which could take up to 5 working days. With it being a bank holiday this friday the funds may not have been transferred to Mike Ashley until the back end of next week. That would all fit in with the middle of may completion date that's been mentioned quite a few times. If we haven't heard anything by next weekend, then maybe we need to start crying.