Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

George is reliable, and a great writer and top bloke, but you have to understand he is reporting what he is being told by the buyer.'s side And the buyer is telling him these things because the buyer wants these things into the public domain. He has a direct line to the buyers side, and they know that. He hasn't secretly infiltrated their camp to relay confidential business.

OK, I should have worded my post as "according to our best journalists knowledge" the takeover is still with the PL (as of Friday).

Next week could be a huge week for me.

Im expecting:

A) the takeover to be announced.

B) a 10k small business grant to be paid by North Tyneside Council.

If they go through on the same day =  :frantic:

Surely it's all linked into finding out if football is coming back!? The palace chairman has said if football doesn't return soon it could be a long long time before it does. Also who is going to be signing players on big contracts with no matches for the foreseeable future?

Hopefully early this week they announce then premier league is back June/July then the takeover is announced a day or 2 after.

If it turns out football is cancelled for the foreseeable future than I can't see how this will go through I really can't.

Maybe when they started out they expected this to not be as bad and it to be back by early June at the latest.

I've seen SP's correspondence with said journalists and they are genuine, though quite anyone would question a claim so banal is beyond me. :lol: He's not claiming Jackie Chan's coming round later about some paint.

Surely it's all linked into finding out if football is coming back!? The palace chairman has said if football doesn't return soon it could be a long long time before it does. Also who is going to be signing players on big contracts with no matches for the foreseeable future?

Hopefully early this week they announce then premier league is back June/July then the takeover is announced a day or 2 after.

If it turns out football is cancelled for the foreseeable future than I can't see how this will go through I really can't.

Maybe when they started out they expected this to not be as bad and it to be back by early June at the latest.

I'm not sure where you've been but the deal is already agreed. Once the PL give the green light, the funds are transferred and the club is theres. Theres no waiting around to see when football returns.

I'm not sure where you've been but the deal is already agreed. Once the PL give the green light, the funds are transferred and the club is theres. Theres no waiting around to see when football returns.

Also there is an argument to suggest this deal would never have happened if it where not for the covid-19 outbreak

If it goes through I will be buzzing that Ashley has gone but the excitement will be dampened if football is off for months and no big signings can be made. It just seems crazy to be spending that much on a club with games behind closed doors at best for god knows how long and the tv money looking a mess as well.

I know people don't agree but that's my oppinion that they are waiting to see if and how football will resume this week. If it transpires football is postponed for the foreseeable then don't be shocked if this takeover doesn't happen. People can laugh at that theory all they want but let's see what plays out this next week or 2 and I bet it turns out I am not far off the mark

Also there is an argument to suggest this deal would never have happened if it where not for the covid-19 outbreak

I agree but wouldn't all this process of buying the club have initially started around January? Sure I read that somewhere?

Then when al this covid 19 kicked off they might still have expected football back by June and a transfer window in August and a new season to start in September. Now there seems to be noises starting about all that been in jeopardy

If it goes through I will be buzzing that Ashley has gone but the excitement will be dampened if football is off for months and no big signings can be made. It just seems crazy to be spending that much on a club with games behind closed doors at best for god knows how long and the tv money looking a mess as well.

I know people don't agree but that's my oppinion that they are waiting to see if and how football will resume this week. If it transpires football is postponed for the foreseeable then don't be shocked if this takeover doesn't happen. People can laugh at that theory all they want but let's see what plays out this next week or 2 and I bet it turns out I am not far off the mark

They saved £40-50m buying now, guess that offsets what will be lost in ticket money for next season.

I've seen SP's correspondence with said journalists and they are genuine, though quite anyone would question a claim so banal is beyond me. :lol: He's not claiming Jackie Chan's coming round later about some paint.

Thank you ? I can resume my day now!

They saved £40-50m buying now, guess that offsets what will be lost in ticket money for next season.

I hope you lot are right and this has been factored in all the way through this process. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest and be concerned that a global pandemic and the huge uncertainty around football in general could have some factor in a lengthy saga of the 300m purchase of a football club, whose income sources are potentially in question for the next however many months

I hope you lot are right and this has been factored in all the way through this process. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest and be concerned that a global pandemic and the huge uncertainty around football in general could have some factor in a lengthy saga of the 300m purchase of a football club whose income sources are potentially in question for next however many months

Normally yes. This isn’t a normal buyer stumping up the cash. Now is the best time for cash rich to spend, everything is cheaper and things with no price tags suddenly become available, that includes players and even football clubs.

It’ll be announced next week.

I hope you lot are right and this has been factored in all the way through this process. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest and be concerned that a global pandemic and the huge uncertainty around football in general could have some factor in a lengthy saga of the 300m purchase of a football club whose income sources are potentially in question for next however many months

Normally yes. This isn’t a normal buyer stumping up the cash. Now is the best time for cash rich to spend, everything is cheaper and things with no price tags suddenly become available, that includes players and even football clubs.

Worth mentioning that the PIF group where and still are actively looking to buy in this market because they know it’s a good time to do deals.

Worth mentioning that the PIF group where and still are actively looking to buy in this market because they know it’s a good time to do deals.

Yes, cruise lines, events companies, getting bigger shares for their dollars as once it’s over it’ll be back up and profitable.

They’re not daft.

If there’s no football for a while the new owners have there hands full like making a start and planning new training facilities etc.

I agree but wouldn't all this process of buying the club have initially started around January? Sure I read that somewhere?

Then when al this covid 19 kicked off they might still have expected football back by June and a transfer window in August and a new season to start in September. Now there seems to be noises starting about all that been in jeopardy

I bet this purchase of the club began way before January, it was January when the WSJ published details of the bid.

Thank you ? I can resume my day now!

:lol:

I don't think one single person doubts what you have been told directly. It's your assurance that this is exactly where things stand.

What you don't appear to be grasping is that it's possible that the PL have completed their checks but that it isn't public knowledge yet. Just because you've been told something by journalists close to the buyers, doesn't necessarily mean that is exactly where things stand. I'd also doubt that the first public statement comes from GC; it'll come more NUFC if anyone.

They are the double of each other to be fair,  other than one looks happy, confident and successful while the other looks like a bloke who had a dream career and lost it because of being a sex pest.

I think I've posted that before mind