Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

#بلومبيرغ Saudi Public Investment Fund formed a team to search for promising opportunities to invest in companies whose market value was affected by a crisis #كورونا

No idea how legit.

Guest godzilla

#بلومبيرغ Saudi Public Investment Fund formed a team to search for promising opportunities to invest in companies whose market value was affected by a crisis #كورونا

No idea how legit.

Using the wrong cruise company if it is.

BBC running the Khashoggi fiancé story for the third time, slightly different quote this time.

It’s almost as if some agency was releasing press releases on her behalf....

Guest Carrick18

BBC running the Khashoggi fiancé story for the third time, slightly different quote this time.

I don't care if it's Qatar releasing the story. It's one we should be discussing seriously. It's not enough to simply acknowledge wrong-doing. A man was murdered for criticising a regime. That does not deserve death.

I hope it keeps getting brought up cos then I can have my cake and eat it, the sportswashing will fail and everyone will still think saudi arabia are cunts and they'll still have given my club loads of money  :snod:

It’s the lead story on BBC Sport, somebody is cranking up the pressure on the premier league. I’m sure they’d like to say no to the takeover, hopefully the money and the threat of legal action will persuade them to let this one go through.

If they block the takeover PIF & co will absolutely drown them in legal proceedings, Staveley already successfully sued Barclays for ridiculous amounts. At a time when PL coffers will have been decimated I can't see them blocking it even if they wanted to.

I don't care if it's Qatar releasing the story. It's one we should be discussing seriously. It's not enough to simply acknowledge wrong-doing. A man was murdered for criticising a regime. That does not deserve death.

Dr David Kelly !!

Why should we ? It’s got nothing to do with football, if your going to attach the murder to the purchase of the club then also discuss it in relation to live nation, Warner brothers and other Saudi purchases.

No one is disputing the murder is horrendous, it’s the hypocrisy that the sale of nufc should be stopped whilst all these other deals go throughout without a murmur.

The one thing this deal won’t be stopped on is human rights, it would put the premier league at odds with the policy of the U.K. government.

What is blatantly happening here is human rights lawyers are using the high profile nature of this sale to gain publicity, as they know the Saudis buying stakes in other companies just doesn’t draw the same attention.

You can’t blame them for this as this is their job, however what I strongly object to is the notion that we should sacrifice the chance of a lifetime for our city and club, If this was blocked these same people would move on to their next cause and wouldn’t  give a s%#t about us.

So whilst I acknowledge and understand the human rights aspect, ths hypocrisy expecting us to be line drawn in the sand with Saudis doesn’t wash with me and many others.

Why should we ? It’s got nothing to do with football, if your going to attach the murder to the purchase of the club then also discuss it in relation to live nation, Warner brothers and other Saudi purchases.

No one is disputing the murder is horrendous, it’s the hypocrisy that the sale of nufc should be stopped whilst all these other deals go throughout without a murmur.

The one thing this deal won’t be stopped on is human rights, it would put the premier league at odds with the policy of the U.K. government.

What is blatantly happening here is human rights lawyers are using the high profile nature of this sale to gain publicity, as they know the Saudis buying stakes in other companies just doesn’t draw the same attention.

You can’t blame them for this as this is their job, however what I strongly object to is the notion that we should sacrifice the chance of a lifetime for our city and club, If this was blocked these same people would move on to their next cause and wouldn’t  give a s%#t about us.

So whilst I acknowledge and understand the human rights aspect, ths hypocrisy expecting us to be line drawn in the sand with Saudis doesn’t wash with me and many others.

Spot on Whitley Mag. 100% agree with you here, everything you said is spot on.

Nail on head

This just highlights the state of football in general for me. People should be asking, why does Newcastle need to make a deal with the devil in order to compete? Who's fault is that?

Any new owner at anytime we can do little about, Ashley can sell to who he wants, they  then have pass the fit and proper test , something again we cant influence.

Five Live doing a piece on this now.  Dan Roan says it'll go through and I think he said likely to be resolved this week. Very negative piece in general, though (although to be fair it had the BBCs usual 'balance', ie presented their obvious opinion in great depth and then quickly acknowledged the existence of counter-arguments).

Nail on head

Because we argued Ashley was a human rights abuser and used that angle in some of our protesting.

Makes us look a tad hypocritical if we say nowt.

Nail on head

Because we argued Ashley was a human rights abuser and used that angle in some of our protesting.

Makes us look a tad hypocritical if we say nowt.

I never argued Ashley was a human rights abuser tbf, all I ever complained about was that he destroyed our football club. So personally I don't see any hypocrisy in my stance.

As for the Khashoggi thing, that was terrible, but it was discussed to death across the world at the time. Life has moved on since then, and as far as I know, Saudi Arabia are back onside with Britain politically, so why would I piss against the wind to my own detriment?