Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Yet another letter

I'd love to know who is putting this bitch up to this as I firmly believe a few weeks ago she wouldnt have had a clue who or what Newcastle United were

Her husband was murdered - grow up.

fiance but the point stands, this lot are fucking evil

Yet another letter

I can totally sympathise with her. What happened was outrageous, but she probably never heard of NUFC before this takeover, and I doubt she'll subsequently give a toss about us if it is somehow called off. We are the ones who will be left as part of a redundant football club, so thanks for the concern and see you when we see you.

Why should it matter if she has heard of NUFC before or not? They are buying us for the purpose of sportswashing and to protect themselves from western criticism. She has every right to try and intervene.

Yet another letter

I can totally sympathise with her. What happened was outrageous, but she probably never heard of NUFC before this takeover, and I doubt she'll subsequently give a toss about us if it is somehow called off. We are the ones who will be left as part of a redundant football club, so thanks for the concern and see you when we see you.

Why should it matter if she has heard of NUFC before or not? They are buying us for the purpose of sportswashing and to protect themselves from western criticism. She has every right to try and intervene.

I'm not denying her that right, just pointing out once it is all over, she won't really give us a second thought, and bearing that in mind, I'm not going to take too much notice of the letter. She has her cause, and I can sympathise with it, but we have ours.

If he's an absolute ruler, and he is, then next stop Sheffield United I trust?!

and if not, why not?!

Well, maybe so, but that's not the point is it.

It's A point appropriate to this thread which isn't specifically about how unpleasant Saudi Arabia is to us as a culture. Which isn't new.

I wonder if she's going to write an equally heartfelt letter to the users of all the other services, etc that the Saudis appear to be buying up - don't sail in that cruise liner, don't listen to Warner music.

nobody knows or much cares who owns cruise liners music labels etc rightly or wrongly, those are being bought up just to make some money in the long term. NUFC though are being bought up for sportwashing theres the difference

I wonder if she's going to write an equally heartfelt letter to the users of all the other services, etc that the Saudis appear to be buying up - don't sail in that cruise liner, don't listen to Warner music.

I doubt she's writing these letters personally, just signing off on them to whichever pressure group is putting them in front of her.

In fact, looking at the letter it appears to be a digital signature, so she isn't even signing them personally.

I wonder who she's sent the physical letter to? Wraith?  The Geordie Dancer?  That blonde dickhead with the paintbrush?

Dear Gregg and the clique at Newcastle-Online

Well if she's not, there's only one conclusion we can draw...

What's this, the third letter?

Wonder if she does this with other investments from the PIF? Uber, Live Nation, Carnival Cruises...

What do you think that conclusion is?

Come on now, we all know the answer...

Guest reefatoon

Christ, pop away on my lunch break and come back to all that. As soon as I seen the letter posted, I was waiting for some whopper to come out with shit like that. Shit crack from geordiedean

Its simple. The topic drew alot of attention to KSA, so she's using that topic to her advantage. She doesn't really care about what happens in regards to this takeover. It's just to get the Khasoggi topic back in the news.

what's the halfway emotion called where i understand she's grief stricken and it was a horrible act but as a fan I also don't feel compelled to do anything because the club had nothing to do with it and it doesn't - and the fans certainly don't - assume some kind of retroactive responsibility due to the potential change of owner.