Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This is not a defence, but you can't pick and choose your moral outrages.

Actually you can, and absolutely everybody does. I care more about the morality of the NUFC ownership than I do the Uber ownership. I care more about the wrongdoings of the British state than I do the wrongdoings of the Tajikistan state. Campaigners who dedicate their lives to combating domestic violence care more about domestic violence than they do climate change.

No human can possibly dedicate the same level of investment into each and every moral outrage. Picking and choosing is the only option, and if you reject that then you're arguing no-one should ever express any sort of moral concern about any act, which would be perverse.

Guest neesy111

Anyone get the feeling Martin Samuel has played a blinder. Sat around his desk showing the interns how to get clicks?  :lol:

Yeap, it'll be talksport doing the same soon.

Aye I bet you are Mr Misery. Not an iPhone, chinese made item or t shirt made by a 9 year old anywhere near your house. Proper Ghandi.  :lol:

Samsung and Gap so probably guilty on those counts but...37 beheadings in one day?

It was reported yesterday that there as a 'public knowledge' clause in their contract/agreement whereby Ashley would recieve a fee from Staveley in the event this was leaked/got into the public domain before completion rumoured to be either £250k or between £5m-£10m depending on which side you believe.

He has recieved that payment according to the report.

Probably leaked it himself in January then the heinous cunt.

And who was reporting that exactly?

Sadly those lawyers on the podcast seem to run with some of the broad assumptions out there about how Staveley paid a deposit or that the vendor loan agreement relates to novation of the intercompany loan owed to SJHL. Maybe they've seen something I haven't but nothing in the public domain suggests this is the case.

I've just read that Samuel article, pure conjecture. Anyway, I'm off to sell him a tenner for twelve quid because he's reasonably well off.

This is not a defence, but you can't pick and choose your moral outrages.

Actually you can, and absolutely everybody does. I care more about the morality of the NUFC ownership than I do the Uber ownership. I care more about the wrongdoings of the British state than I do the wrongdoings of the Tajikistan state. Campaigners who dedicate their lives to combating domestic violence care more about domestic violence than they do climate change.

No human can possibly dedicate the same level of investment into each and every moral outrage. Picking and choosing is the only option, and if you reject that then you're arguing no-one should ever express any sort of moral concern about any act, which would be perverse.

So you can pick and choose? Thank fuck.

I choose to ignore Saudi oppression and instead concentrate my concerns on why my local kebab shop has ramped the prices up by 50p in a year.

He knows all about Saudi Arabia :lol:

Your point being?

Two points:

- The NY Times journalists who won a Pulitzer for their investigation in state funded terrorism know about Saudi Arabia. The analysts at the Department of Treasury in the US know about SA. This guy does not.

- Do you boycott petrol too?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/16/exit-the-house-of-karrimor-enter-the-austere-and-unforgiving-house-of-saud

"Mike Ashley: pig-headed retail magnate. Saudi Arabia: blood-stained inherited dictatorship. Mike Ashley: zero hours contracts in his sports shops. Saudi Arabia: beheaded 37 men in a single day. Mike Ashley: showed disrespect to Rafa Benítez. Saudi Arabia: murdered and dismembered Jamal Khashoggi. Is this useful at all?"

Exit the building Lads and Lasses...

Great. More new takeover signups

Is she saying MA didn’t pay off that bank debt? He absolutely did. He did not convert this payoff into equity, he rather just created a mythical loan that had 0% interest due to him so effectively was a sore spot hanging on the balance sheet. Any time he’d further put in money he’d add to that debt number, and then pay himself back the additional owed to him. The only time we used external funding in form of debt was by using the Barclays facility available to all PL clubs to get TV money portions paid earlier to fund transfers and cash flow (once tv money came in they’d pay back Barclays).

Your point being?

Two points:

- The NY Times journalists who won a Pulitzer for their investigation in state funded terrorism know about Saudi Arabia. The analysts at the Department of Treasury in the US know about SA. This guy does not.

Of course he does...he knows it from the NY Times journalists (and other sources). He is the Chief Sports writer for The Guardian ffs.

You and I know enough about Saudi Arabia anyway to make an informed choice.

I have no control over boycotting petrol. If I could buy ethical petrol I would.

I will continue to boycott NUFC.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/16/exit-the-house-of-karrimor-enter-the-austere-and-unforgiving-house-of-saud

"Mike Ashley: pig-headed retail magnate. Saudi Arabia: blood-stained inherited dictatorship. Mike Ashley: zero hours contracts in his sports shops. Saudi Arabia: beheaded 37 men in a single day. Mike Ashley: showed disrespect to Rafa Benítez. Saudi Arabia: murdered and dismembered Jamal Khashoggi. Is this useful at all?"

How long do you think I've been lurking for?

Guest The Little Waster

Your point being?

Two points:

Of course he does...he knows it from the NY Times journalists (and other sources). He is the Chief Sports writer for The Guardian ffs.

I have no control over boycotting petrol. If I could buy ethical petrol I would.

Just as well youve got that Season ticket for Sunderland innit ? 😜

Your point being?

Two points:

Buy an electric car if you care so much

Your point being?

Two points:

wTnUJVno1unSG83tdaqBBMO9Qw0pb0V0m87phF2WcHwkxIlBkgU8bZiyrd8_6-tTq4fSPkk34f44kieA__TPf7bTYsSdzMaYefVZGsjXDCqK0Ub5QXAACzSFULCazrSniItlwVs1YcuQ9_sUtFXMTf_OPX0Y9LY

Your point being?

Two points:

May well do the next time we change car.

Your point being?

Two points:

wTnUJVno1unSG83tdaqBBMO9Qw0pb0V0m87phF2WcHwkxIlBkgU8bZiyrd8_6-tTq4fSPkk34f44kieA__TPf7bTYsSdzMaYefVZGsjXDCqK0Ub5QXAACzSFULCazrSniItlwVs1YcuQ9_sUtFXMTf_OPX0Y9LY

Well they do call me Mr Misery.

Your point being?

Two points:

May well do the next time we change car.

Was Saudi Arabia a drastically different country last time you bought a car?

How long do you think I've been lurking for?

I’m really not fussed. It just find it interesting how takeovers seem to bring people out of the woodwork, from fans of our own club and from fans of other clubs.