Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Samuel is just crying because he's spent so much time up Ashley's ring that he doesn't know a way out. He knows we hate Ashley so he wants to make us squirm a little while long while earning some clicks. All the evidence is contrary to what he says, he's a chancer, a liar and an irrelevance.

Whether you trust Samuel, Douglas or whoever... Deep down we probably all know which story will turn out to be true :lol:

Got nothing to do with trust just look at the documentation submitted and signed by both parties. Never got anywhere near this stage and again read the tweet from @RedRoseMichelle as it sums it up pretty well what is actually happening.

She is only guessing though at which stage it might be and what might be happening isn’t she ?

An educated guess don’t get me wrong but still guess work

http://i3.thejournal.co.uk/incoming/article7621321.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS44040376.jpg

He who laughs last, laughs the longest you specky little fuck

:lol: :lol: What a throwback.

Guest godzilla

Whether you trust Samuel, Douglas or whoever... Deep down we probably all know which story will turn out to be true :lol:

Got nothing to do with trust just look at the documentation submitted and signed by both parties. Never got anywhere near this stage and again read the tweet from @RedRoseMichelle as it sums it up pretty well what is actually happening.

She is only guessing though at which stage it might be and what might be happening isn’t she ?

A very well educated guess if you ask me and she will have had experience of these things to be able to make that also. Samuel however is going off his own views and nothing else. There is not one thing in his article backed up by anything. For a start you will not be going through Premier League checks and presenting jointly signed documentation to Companies House unless a fee has been agreed.

It's a much more educated guess than that of Martin Samuel's.

:lol: this is the godzilla I remember from the bzg thread!

I will always trust Ashley to fuck things up, regardless of what's on company house.

I know it seems likely, I know there's things in place, but until its completed, there's still the possibility of something shit happening.

Although I'm mostly in the camp of 'fuck it's happening'.... I'm trying to hold back.

Yes I agree but the fact that Samuel is close to Ashley - or as close as any journalist is means his article leaves doubt on this thing because there is a chance it’s coming from Ashley despite this takeover seemingly being further forward than any others before it

Guest godzilla

I will always trust Ashley to f*** things up, regardless of what's on company house.

I know it seems likely, I know there's things in place, but until its completed, there's still the possibility of something s*** happening.

Although I'm mostly in the camp of 'f*** it's happening'.... I'm trying to hold back.

BZG formed a company and made an offer which wasn't accepted. At no time was there this level of documentation involved and signed by both parties. I can understand some still having caution but don't be put of by Samuel's hunch with nothing to back it up.

Guest neesy111

The "what's X more to a billionaire" argument around our takeovers has always got on my tits, because anyone I know with any meaningful wealth is tight as fuck.

100%, also it doesn't matter how much money you have, people still don't like to be ripped off or people get one over them.

just a reminder to people, theres still the possibility ashley turns around and says nah changed my mind £100m more please

Whilst the UK does not have the concept of "good faith" within English contract law, there are likely clauses in any agreement that the parties have signed that mean if Ashley were to withdraw from the agreement, without cause (that is to say, without a specific and justifiable reason) he could be sued for damages (i.e. sued for the costs incurred by Staveley, Ruben Brothers, and possibly PIF - e.g. the cost of very expensive lawyers & accountants could be millions.)

It is very significant that SJHL (St James Holding Limited) has a contractually binding agreement with Staveley because that agreement exists for a reason, and if Ashley caused SJHL to breach the agreement (without a justifiable cause) then SJHL would be subject to a lawsuit by Staveley.  He was able to walk away from other acquisition scenarios, without cause or cost, because he didn't have any signed agreements in place.

I was quite confident until I saw it was godzilla[/member] trying to keep people positive. Feels a bit groundhog day now :lol:

I'm feeling a bit sick tbh. Will this also go down the drain? I had allowed myself to believe. You must never do that as a Newcastle fan.

I will always trust Ashley to f*** things up, regardless of what's on company house.

I know it seems likely, I know there's things in place, but until its completed, there's still the possibility of something s*** happening.

Although I'm mostly in the camp of 'f*** it's happening'.... I'm trying to hold back.

BZG formed a company and made an offer which wasn't accepted. At no time was there this level of documentation involved and signed by both parties. I can understand some still having caution but don't be put of by Samuel's hunch with nothing to back it up.

I know that, I'm actually not arguing with you, you do know that?

But no matter what documents are signed at the moment, there still a chance of nothing happening, so best to be cautious especially after so many other false dawns.

Guest godzilla

Yes I agree but the fact that Samuel is close to Ashley - or as close as any journalist is means his article leaves doubt on this thing because there is a chance it’s coming from Ashley despite this takeover seemingly being further forward than any others before it

He stated within his article Ashley has said nothing and doesn't even quote sources close to Ashley either. If he had a source he would mention that to add some weight to his article,

He’s not close at all, he got a pre-written interview to print. The article is not an article, it’s a column. It is an opinion piece, opinions that go against the evidence he admits is there.

He categorically states that neither Ashley or anyone associated with him have came to him or anyone else with any information relating to the deal.

He even has a paragraph at the bottom to say Newcastle fans can hope for better things with a takeover, to cover when they takeover happens.

Don't think I could ever get out of the 'Ashley will fuck this' mindset. Even when it's complete I'll be wanting the small print to see if he's retained naming rights to the stadium or something.

But logically it is looking good.

:thup:

Guest godzilla

I know that, I'm actually not arguing with you, you do know that?

But no matter what documents are signed at the moment, there still a chance of nothing happening, so best to be cautious especially after so many other false dawns.

Was you who mentioned me and the BZG thread  :aww:. He could still pull it, yeah, but in this current climate he would be an idiot to do so. Not only is his empire suffering badly, the impact on football is in doubt and does he want to give another 20,000 tickets away for free as this would have a massive knock on effect if he did especially in the current climate.

Guest godzilla

I was quite confident until I saw it was godzilla[/member] trying to keep people positive. Feels a bit groundhog day now :lol:

Feeling mutual  :aww: