Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If anything, Martin Samuel's article will at least make people keep a lid on things and stop talking about Mbappe signing.

As has been said, he hasn't said anything about sources close to Ashley or anything, so let's just try and calm down.

Fuck I hate this club so much sometimes.

So we’ve lots of activity got companies house, signed documents, ssn, Financial Times, caulkin and plenty of other journalists, lawyers saying it looks pretty much done and even Jamie Redknapp confirming what’s he’s heard from one of the Reuben brothers yet everyone getting stressed by an article from fuckin Martin samuels

So we’ve got companies house companies, signed documents, ssn, Financial Times, caulkin and plenty of other journalists, lawyers saying it looks pretty much done and even Jamie Redknapp confirming what’s he’s heard from one of the Reuben brothers yet everyone getting stressed by an article from fuckin Martin samuels

Can't really blame them can you? It's Mike Ashley.

So we’ve got companies house companies, signed documents, ssn, Financial Times, caulkin and plenty of other journalists, lawyers saying it looks pretty much done and even Jamie Redknapp confirming what’s he’s heard from one of the Reuben brothers yet everyone getting stressed by an article from fuckin Martin samuels

Yep, because this is Mike Ashley's Newcastle United.

So we’ve lots of activity got companies house, signed documents, ssn, Financial Times, caulkin and plenty of other journalists, lawyers saying it looks pretty much done and even Jamie Redknapp confirming what’s he’s heard from one of the Reuben brothers yet everyone getting stressed by an article from fuckin Martin samuels

It doesn’t take much mate .

just a reminder to people, theres still the possibility ashley turns around and says nah changed my mind £100m more please

Whilst the UK does not have the concept of "good faith" within English contract law, there are likely clauses in any agreement that the parties have signed that mean if Ashley were to withdraw from the agreement, without cause (that is to say, without a specific and justifiable reason) he could be sued for damages (i.e. sued for the costs incurred by Staveley, Ruben Brothers, and possibly PIF - e.g. the cost of very expensive lawyers & accountants could be millions.)

It is very significant that SJHL (St James Holding Limited) has a contractually binding agreement with Staveley because that agreement exists for a reason, and if Ashley caused SJHL to breach the agreement (without a justifiable cause) then SJHL would be subject to a lawsuit by Staveley.  He was able to walk away from other acquisition scenarios, without cause or cost, because he didn't have any signed agreements in place.

No appreciation for this?

I like the common sense being spoken here.

While I have the doubts that many others now have this morning, I do also believe that we are too far down the line to allow Mike Ashley to change his mind on a whim just to "mix things up a bit" as he likes to do (or words to that affect - taken from that Athletic piece where he decided to change the name of SJP just for the hell of it)

:lol:

People are mental.

It was reported yesterday that there as a 'public knowledge' clause in their contract/agreement whereby Ashley would recieve a fee from Staveley in the event this was leaked/got into the public domain before completion rumoured to be either £250k or between £5m-£10m depending on which side you believe.

He has recieved that payment according to the report.

Probably leaked it himself in January then the heinous cunt.

Watch this video (10m37s) by a couple of lawyers who support NUFC discussing the Fit & Proper Test and the ability/likelihood of Ashley pulling out.  It's very good and easy to understand.

Don’t want to click and read the article again and give the Daily Shite another a click, but when I read it,  albeit half asleep last night I got the impression that fat creep Samuel was trying to get across that the takeover will go through but that the Saudis aren’t interested in pumping cash in.

Either way, sooner this goes through the better. Think my emotional investment in the club is 100% done if it somehow fails.

just a reminder to people, theres still the possibility ashley turns around and says nah changed my mind £100m more please

Whilst the UK does not have the concept of "good faith" within English contract law, there are likely clauses in any agreement that the parties have signed that mean if Ashley were to withdraw from the agreement, without cause (that is to say, without a specific and justifiable reason) he could be sued for damages (i.e. sued for the costs incurred by Staveley, Ruben Brothers, and possibly PIF - e.g. the cost of very expensive lawyers & accountants could be millions.)

It is very significant that SJHL (St James Holding Limited) has a contractually binding agreement with Staveley because that agreement exists for a reason, and if Ashley caused SJHL to breach the agreement (without a justifiable cause) then SJHL would be subject to a lawsuit by Staveley.  He was able to walk away from other acquisition scenarios, without cause or cost, because he didn't have any signed agreements in place.

Having read this and re-read the article from Samuel, I have calmed a bit.

I re-read that Martin Samuel article and it is completely his opinion and him trying to be a cunt. If you read it again its clear hes not spoke Ashley about this or anyone close to Ashley. He even says, the selling side have said nothing.

A year ago Mike told Stavely to piss off and stop wasting his time.....350 mill huh, no way! Now the same woman approaches Mike with Zillionaires and says 'Alrite Mikey, how's it hanging? I'd loike to introduce you to PIF and they are happy to give you 300 mill.' The mighty Mike is desperate and the humiliation is hurting deeply inside his wretched gut. He finally agrees but the piss in his body is boiling so much that he suffers a small stroke. This will be the end of Mike the club owner and Mike the high street merchant hopefully for a looooooong time.

You lot are a bunch of weirdos.  :lol: The mood switches in here like a lass on her rag.

If a takeover wasnt happening Ashley would have quashed it ages ago man. Especially since his favourite thing in the world is disappointing Newcastle fans.

That Shell bird on Twitter is an absolute doylem as well.

Thanks for that sober legal analysis there Michelle!

She's correct in what she says, is she not?

"Our view is that he's likely trying to pave the way for continuing to paint his fellow Londoner..." - that's not a legal analysis, it's a pathetic sop to the "Cockney bastard" masses on Twitter designed to keep the RTs and likes flowing. She's a junior solicitor in her 20s with zero experience of corporate acquisitions, and should be ignored by anyone with an interest in reality.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/16/exit-the-house-of-karrimor-enter-the-austere-and-unforgiving-house-of-saud

"Mike Ashley: pig-headed retail magnate. Saudi Arabia: blood-stained inherited dictatorship. Mike Ashley: zero hours contracts in his sports shops. Saudi Arabia: beheaded 37 men in a single day. Mike Ashley: showed disrespect to Rafa Benítez. Saudi Arabia: murdered and dismembered Jamal Khashoggi. Is this useful at all?"

Exit the building Lads and Lasses...