Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I'm all for protesting about the Saudi regime but that starts at Parliament square, not at SJP and by all types of people, not just football fans.

... and for every journalist who writes a story on it, let's see whether their other political views are aligned the same way or whether they are hypocrites politicising football.

Politics and Middle Eastern politics even more so, is incredibly complex m. It cant be explained in a couple of enlightened sentences on a football forum, nor can it be changed by one politician.

Lol @ Martin Samuel and even Mike Ashley using net worth and liquidity as an argument against a buyer who would negotiate a price. If there truly was a long battle over £30-40mm that is the difference between signing a major first team player or paying for upgrades to facilities. That is a 10-13% difference in price. That’s material. Fucking hell the stuff these guys write.

The DM deleted that bullet point about a deal not being agreed. :lol: Someone in pub-ops f***ed up

What does this mean?

Martin Samuel's article only metiomed a deal not being agreed in a bullet point under the header, which would've been written by someone uploading the article, basically not Samuel. They've deleted it now because it's not true

Meh, was probably put there intentionally to create a panic. Then pulled once someone highlighted it (on Twitter) to Craig Hope.

Job Done.

This is not a defence, but you can't pick and choose your moral outrages.

Actually you can, and absolutely everybody does. I care more about the morality of the NUFC ownership than I do the Uber ownership. I care more about the wrongdoings of the British state than I do the wrongdoings of the Tajikistan state. Campaigners who dedicate their lives to combating domestic violence care more about domestic violence than they do climate change.

No human can possibly dedicate the same level of investment into each and every moral outrage. Picking and choosing is the only option, and if you reject that then you're arguing no-one should ever express any sort of moral concern about any act, which would be perverse.

My argument isn't righteous indignation against the world, it's the Saudi side of things, you can't say it's close to home so you will be outraged by this but not about UK Government arms sales, usage of petrol, uber, Twitter, lyft, Snapchat, Deezer, the list goes on, all in use over here and I'll bet most of you if not all have used something on that list.

Again, I want to reiterate I'm not defending the Saudis and I'm not saying this is ok, but I'm not about to jump on my moral high horse and vilify NUFC and boycott when I can finally reconnect when I regularly use Twitter, petrol, etc.. and have never been vocal about government involvement. My personal opinion is that I'd be a hypocrite to do so.

:snod:

Sorry, thought that was a widely used thing, might just be because I'm American.

Pup ops is just the uploading and publishing of articles. Usually someone doing it would be in charge of writing subheaders like that

So after getting a free 14 Telegraph subscription back in March to read an article about the takeover (and post it here no less) the fuckers still wont let me cancel my subscription. Just sending me a link to cancel that doesn't allow me to cancel, by April 29th according to their T's and C's im on the hook for six months. Fucking maddening.  :rant:

Just screenshot it and email them saying the link they sent doesn't work and you want to cancel. Should be enough proof.

Why are we now discussing the price of second-hand large family hatchbacks?

I mean, sure, but the important question is... Wouldn't that 2013 Nissan Leafs battery be loosing charge capacity by now?

We could talk about spelling instead and discuss why so many people struggle to spell lose / losing correctly

Actually you can, and absolutely everybody does. I care more about the morality of the NUFC ownership than I do the Uber ownership. I care more about the wrongdoings of the British state than I do the wrongdoings of the Tajikistan state. Campaigners who dedicate their lives to combating domestic violence care more about domestic violence than they do climate change.

No human can possibly dedicate the same level of investment into each and every moral outrage. Picking and choosing is the only option, and if you reject that then you're arguing no-one should ever express any sort of moral concern about any act, which would be perverse.

My argument isn't righteous indignation against the world, it's the Saudi side of things, you can't say it's close to home so you will be outraged by this but not about UK Government arms sales, usage of petrol, uber, Twitter, lyft, Snapchat, Deezer, the list goes on, all in use over here and I'll bet most of you if not all have used something on that list.

Again, I want to reiterate I'm not defending the Saudis and I'm not saying this is ok, but I'm not about to jump on my moral high horse and vilify NUFC and boycott when I can finally reconnect when I regularly use Twitter, petrol, etc.. and have never been vocal about government involvement. My personal opinion is that I'd be a hypocrite to do so.

:lol: So you lads would hate to be hypocrites but are happy to continue to support sportswashing of murderous regimes using your own football club? :lol: nice one. At least you're not hypocrites.

So after getting a free 14 Telegraph subscription back in March to read an article about the takeover (and post it here no less) the fuckers still wont let me cancel my subscription. Just sending me a link to cancel that doesn't allow me to cancel, by April 29th according to their T's and C's im on the hook for six months. Fucking maddening.  :rant:

They did exactly the same to me last September, I only realised because I had to cancel my card for an unrelated reason and they bombarded me with emails saying a payment had been declined (this was a month after I had cancelled and assumed it had went through without a hitch).

7 months later I'm still getting begging emails despite continually coming off their subs list. They are infuriating.

It's possible to support your football club and make whatever decision your conscience is comfortable with without feeling the need to defend baby bombers or indulging in unparalleled whataboutisms, like. You don't need to do both and your participation in something you have no control over but would like to see improved/prefer not to participate in doesn't make you a hypocrite either.

If it did make you a hypocrite, the thousands who despise Ashley yet still insist on attending matches and giving him money wouldn't have been using the support the team not the regime excuse for the last 13 years. So why the same people would now feel the need to go beyond that and actually defend someone who's objectively infinitely more revolting than Ashley, I don't know.

Conversely anyone not automatically on their knees boot-licking the devil because they might improve their favourite football team's fortunes isn't a snowflake in that situation either, that's an insult reserved for people with IDPol brain, not people uncomfortable with the club they support being owned by one of the most reprehensible people in the world ffs.

Absolutely nothing wrong with anything Mr Misery said imo.

:lol: So you lads would hate to be hypocrites but are happy to continue to support sportswashing of murderous regimes using your own football club? :lol: nice one. At least you're not hypocrites.

Hows that hypocrisy? No one is advocating supporting the Saudi regime. I'm saying that going to football match is no more supporting the Saudis than say, filling your car full of petrol or any number of other activities.

Hows that hypocrisy? No one is advocating supporting the Saudi regime. I'm saying that going to football match is no more supporting the Saudis than say, filling your car full of petrol or any number of other activities.

The post you agree with claims hating on the saudi's but still buying petrol is hypocrisy. I'm shocked you both find NUFC being owned by these people more palatable than being seen as a hypocrite.

I don't think it's hypocrisy either way.

Isn't there another thread about success at what cost? I've come in here hoping for an update about this saga and seen a lot of pages added yet its arguments galore. Thought we had the other thread for this?

The post you agree with claims hating on the saudi's but still buying petrol is hypocrisy. I'm shocked you both find NUFC being owned by these people more palatable than being seen as a hypocrite.

I want to argue with you but I'm completely lost with our conversation.  :lol:

I can see you are passionate about human right and this very topic and that's honorable.

I hope you find some way of enjoying your football whilst sticking with your principles.

Peace and love brother.  O0

I want to argue with you but I'm completely lost with our conversation.  :lol:

I can see you are passionate about human right and this very topic and that's honorable.

I hope you find some way of enjoying your football whilst sticking with your principles.

Peace and love brother.  O0

:lol: fair enough man, I won't flog a dead horse. Just think if you could have the perfect owner for our wonderful football club, would it be one who owns it so they can get away with killing people they're meant to look after? If you say no, you essentially agree with why we all think this is a bit shit.