Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Because people have ran out of things to talk about.

So has anyone been building Lego since lockdown began?

the hogwarts express, then knocked it down the back of the unit with my arse and its still sat in pieces.

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

Mike Ashley fucking hates INTU (the shopping centre owner). They were really struggling long before Covid but it has effectively killed them (going into administration today) as a consequence some of their prime assets will be available on the cheap, as it were.

Can you think of anybody who likes to buy things on the cheap, out of favour, in bricks and mortar and park his tanks on an enemy's lawn?

His £300m from our sale would go a long way to funding the purchase of something like a Trafford Centre/Lakeside/Metro Centre/Eldon Square.

It would be a good deposit with the rest funded elsewhere but all ultimately owned by Ashley and his cronies.

It's long been rumoured that he intended to buy up retail parks and put all of his brands in one place.

This would be that on speed.

The INTU asset portfolio is the best in country, bar none, but their debt has killed them.

I'll make a prediction, he's been in the know on this for a good while and wanted his money from NUFC to fund his next move, in this direction.

If my guesstimate is anywhere near correct, he'll be pressurising the fuck out of the PL to prevent other interested parties (of which there'll be many) from stealing a march.

I dont think he'd need to sell us to buy intu.

Intu own 60% of Eldon Square. Eldon Square probably has about 50% of the retail space in Newcastle. In comparison Ashley a few years ago bought 1 building on Northumberland Street for £30m.

Even in administration it would cost billions to buy all of Intu’s properties.

Guest neesy111

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

Mike Ashley fucking hates INTU (the shopping centre owner). They were really struggling long before Covid but it has effectively killed them (going into administration today) as a consequence some of their prime assets will be available on the cheap, as it were.

Can you think of anybody who likes to buy things on the cheap, out of favour, in bricks and mortar and park his tanks on an enemy's lawn?

His £300m from our sale would go a long way to funding the purchase of something like a Trafford Centre/Lakeside/Metro Centre/Eldon Square.

It would be a good deposit with the rest funded elsewhere but all ultimately owned by Ashley and his cronies.

It's long been rumoured that he intended to buy up retail parks and put all of his brands in one place.

The INTU asset portfolio is the best in country, bar none, but their debt has killed them.

I'll make a prediction, he's been in the know on this for a good while and wanted his money from NUFC to fund his next move, in this direction.

If my guesstimate is anywhere near correct, he'll be pressurising the fuck out of the PL to prevent other interested parties (of which there'll be many) from stealing a march.

Nah.

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

Intu own 60% of Eldon Square. Eldon Square probably has about 50% of the retail space in Newcastle. In comparison Ashley a few years ago bought 1 building on Northumberland Street for £30m.

As of yesterday it had a market capitalisation of £52million.

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

There is no way you could buy it for £52m. It would be the biggest bargain ever.

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

There is no way you could buy it for £52m. It would be the biggest bargain ever.

Maybe not because it also has debts which is why its in the position it is.

Guest chopey

I've done some training with the maintenance staff in the metro centre and eldon square, both have had massive refurbs behind the scenes if would be a cracking investment if they could be bought on the cheap, right up Ashley's street.

4 week process. Remember that.  :lol:

At the 2 week mark we were getting excited.  :lol: :lol:

We are the only club who, whilst trying to change ownership, manages to take longer than a global pandemic. FFS  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

Yeah, you'd need to pay back the creditors if you bought it at that price.

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

Would you have to pay back the creditors or manage the debt ?

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

I know they've already breached their debt covenants and those they owe money have had the opportunity to take the centres over themselves.

They will go into administration today I should think and then it will be a case of best buyer gets them off the administrators.

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

I know they've already breached their debt covenants and those they owe money have had the opportunity to take the centres over themselves.

They will go into administration today I should think and then it will be a case of best buyer gets them off the administrators.

Ashley will be desperate for his £283 million then.

Conspiracy Theory Alert!

Ashley will be desperate for his £283 million then.

Yep - the group will be broken up for sure.

£300m is a helluva deposit on one/more of their assets.

I seriously think it'd be up his street and potentially a driver behind this whole thing.

If he was to buy 1 centre, I honestly doubt it would be either Eldon Square or Metro Centre. As I have already pointed out, he’s recently spent £30m on a unit in Newcastle where he is planning on moving all of his stores into once H&M and WHSmiths’ leases are up.

He also owns or has a long lease on a unit outside of the MetroCentre next to Ikea where he has also moved a lot of his businesses into.

Imagine the metro centre run by Mike Ashley. It will be like Jurassic Park lost world.

Just a smouldering wreckage of what used to be the cinema, the old Mediterranean Village will be overgrown like a jungle and Sport Direct will take up the whole of the red quadrant. Trying to shop there will be like playing Will Smith in I am Legend.

If he was to buy 1 centre, I honestly doubt it would be either Eldon Square or Metro Centre. As I have already pointed out, he’s recently spent £30m on a unit in Newcastle where he is planning on moving all of his stores into once H&M and WHSmiths’ leases are up.

He also owns or has a long lease on a unit outside of the MetroCentre next to Ikea where he has also moved a lot of his businesses into.

Trafford is the jewel in their crown.

Why sell NUFC which makes a profit to finance another acquisition when interest rates are so low ?

He may well be interested in some or all of INTU's operation but I'd doubt he needs to sell to buy

Why sell NUFC which makes a profit to finance another acquisition when interest rates are so low ?

He may well be interested in some or all of INTU's operation but I'd doubt he needs to sell to buy

Not sure but I guess the more ££££'s that go in from his end, the greater control?

As I said, it's a theory that makes sense imho, but may be pie in the sky as nobody knows his intentions.

It would be a very Ashley thing to do.

Imagine the metro centre run by Mike Ashley. It will be like Jurassic Park lost world.

Just a smouldering wreckage of what used to be the cinema, the old Mediterranean Village will be overgrown like a jungle and Sport Direct will take up the whole of the red quadrant. Trying to shop there will be like playing Will Smith in I am Legend.

Oh aye, it would obviously be absolutely fucking horrible, but since when has that ever stopped him?