Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

If Carroll can play like he did when he came on yesterday and stay fit, he's a huge asset.

And there is your problem, he can't as his record in the last 5+ years fully demonstrates.

If Carroll can play like he did when he came on yesterday and stay fit, he's a huge asset.

And there is your problem, he can't as his record in the last 5+ years fully demonstrates.

For someone who is going to be on low wages, and on a near pay to play contract, personally don't think its the worst decision to make.

Why would we not extend the contract of decent performers ffs. 

Do you think the Saudis are going to come in and buy an entire squad in week 1?

Yes.

:lol:

Guest godzilla

For someone who is going to be on low wages, and on a near pay to play contract, personally don't think its the worst decision to make.

Disagree entitled to your opinion though  O0

Yes.

Not going to happen, even though ffp has be relaxed it still applies, if the Saudis do come in I think they will make 5 top class additions to go with what we have.

Yes.

Not going to happen, even though ffp has be relaxed it still applies, if the Saudis do come in I think they will make 5 top class additions to go with what we have.

2 of those 5 signings should be a left and right full back.

Today is the day. I can feel it in my cock.

♫ ♬ I feel it in my fingers...

Fun fact (or not).  The song that replaced that wet wet wet song after shitloads of weeks at number 1 was take that with back for good.  The underlying chords are exactly the same.

Not saying Barlow is a copying c*** but......

Whigfield's Saturday night replaced it in the charts, followed by "Sure" by Take That. Back for Good was a year later.

So fun fact (or not) is actually "or not" :lol:

Isn't Love Is All Around Me actually a song about Marti Pellow being on the skag. The first verse should say "brown" where it says "love", but the censors made them change it.

It was the soundtrack to a million teenage fingerblast sessions during 1994, but it's a junkie anthem and parents were not happy when they found this out.

Or not.

You reckon the Troggs wrote a song about future Wet Wet Wet?

They were psychic dudes The Troggs man....

Wild Things They Don't Tell Us - Reg Presley, lead singer of "The Troggs", here details the wild things that he believes the government secretly knows about, but will go to the most extraordinary lengths to stop the public from finding out. He presents his evidence of alien visitation, crop-circles and his scientific theory of why the Earth is gradually changing shape.

troggs-4.jpg

My older sister saw The Troogs at The Majestic came back smitten with Reg Presley

Just to come full musical circle before the takeover is complete. Though the Troggs wrote it, Wet Wet Wet released it as a cover for Four Weddings & a Funereal film but just prior to that R.E.M. made it popular again performing it on their first MTV Unplugged 3 years earlier so probably give them the idea. Definitely the best version of the three :lol:

I've still got the R.E.M. VHS compilation that you recorded for me, with the Unplugged session on. Must be knocking on 30 years ago  :yikes:

Haven't got a VHS machine anymore though  :lol:

Put it like this, at the start of these checks 12 weeks ago or whatever it has been, did anyone there think the new owners would give Carroll a new deal because I certainly didn’t.

We don't have new owners yet though.

Put it like this, at the start of these checks 12 weeks ago or whatever it has been, did anyone there think the new owners would give Carroll a new deal because I certainly didn’t.

Yeah that’s what the discussion is, is this a Ashley is staying decision or not.

Yes.

2 of those 5 signings should be a left and right full back.

Not going to disagree there, I think LB,RB,ACM and 2CF is what we should be looking at

I've still got the R.E.M. VHS compilation that you recorded for me, with the Unplugged session on. Must be knocking on 30 years ago  :yikes:

Haven't got a VHS machine anymore though  :lol:

I've got the Bingo Hand Job performance on vinyl :)

Its the first time I've been worried about the takeover as i can't see anything but Ashley's grubby mitts on this.

Yeah, other clubs are extending deals till the end of the season, the decision to give him another year is concerning.

Yeah that’s what the discussion is, is this a Ashley is staying decision or not.

The club still has to keep going, offering new contracts isn't relevant to the takeover. It isn't in the interests of Ashley/Charnley to lose players they consider assets, when there's still the potential for this deal to later fall through and them have lost said assets.

Its the first time I've been worried about the takeover as i can't see anything but Ashley's grubby mitts on this.

Nothing in it, they are acting appropriately. They are still operating as normal until the sale is signed off.

I'm sure the information will have been shared between parties regardless, but Ashley would still need to protect his assets until the deal is officially signed off.

Right now hes the owner of Nufc.

The Saudis have announced a new company to deal with piracy let that sink in, there is no way this deal is not happening.

Everything is being put in place, the renewal of a couple of player contracts would have been ok’d by the consortium. Due to the length of time this is taking decisions are obviously still having to be made.

All signs are still good at the minute in my opinion.