Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Shearer missed an open goal when lineker asked him about takeover, Gary even had to ask him if he wanted it to happen.

Disappointed in the big man missed an open goal to stick it to premier league.

He works for them.

He works for the bbc last time I checked.

He does ambassadorial jobs for them from time to time.

Well if that’s more important than the future of our club f#%K me.

Shearer has always played the diplomat, he’s never going to just go off in a rant, he’s not Roy Keane.

Agreed but f#%k me I would have loved a keano style rant to get across our frustrations.

To him it is, aye :lol:

I’m sure he’s desperate for the cash.

You think he should just sit in his garden for the rest of his life ?

Shearer missed an open goal when lineker asked him about takeover, Gary even had to ask him if he wanted it to happen.

Disappointed in the big man missed an open goal to stick it to premier league.

He works for them.

He works for the bbc last time I checked.

He does ambassadorial jobs for them from time to time.

Shearer has always played the diplomat, he’s never going to just go off in a rant, he’s not Roy Keane.

Agreed but f#%k me I would have loved a keano style rant to get across our frustrations.

It won’t do much good. All it will do is get Shearer into trouble, and won’t impact on what the Premier League do. After the defeat it could easily be played down that he was letting off steam in anyway.

Want to have a go at the Premier League, send in a complaint, send one to the FA, and send one to any journalist who’ll listen. The Premier League are inept, sounding off isn’t going to change that.

Having a pop at Shearer man, haha! Even if he did come out and rollick the PL, it wouldn't have made them speed up their decision.

He works for them apparently so don’t underestimate his influence.

It wouldn't have made one bit of difference.

My point is simply ex pros from big 6 clubs constantly set the agenda, and get free reign to spout their biased s#%te. We’ve all moaned about ex Man U and Liverpool pundits always on the box.

I would just like to have seen something more passionate from him regarding this.

I can't see why Bruce himself is keen for clarity because the longer it drags on with nothing happening, the longer he's in the job.

Maybe he just wants to know where he stands, maybe even suspects he'll be here next season (no takeover) but just wants to know for sure. Sometimes the not knowing is worse than either outcome.

Its been such a cushy gig for him - never earned it, not on ounce of s**t from match going people, total support across the media (more than Keegan!!!) and zero chance of being sacked by Ashley, that the not knowing is probably as uncomfortable as its been for him in this last year, the poor dear.

Also there's the excuse factor.

I can't see why Bruce himself is keen for clarity because the longer it drags on with nothing happening, the longer he's in the job.

Maybe he just wants to know where he stands, maybe even suspects he'll be here next season (no takeover) but just wants to know for his own piece of mind. Sometimes the not knowing is worse than either outcome.

Also there's the excuse factor.

Actually, thinking about it, whoever is asking, it doesn't make sense when the club have a direct line to the PL. Bruce asking of his own volition via the media doesn't seem to make much sense... unless, Ashley is totally ignoring him.

Anyone who thinks this takeover will be done before this thread reches 1000 pages?

Well, there's always next week I suppose...

At this rate I'll be surprised if it's done before the next one reaches 1000 pages. :lol:

The premier league appear so far removed, they’ll probably think rejecting the takeover will give us the clarity we’re after, and we’ll all be happy to continue as we are.

giphy.gif

Go on Stevie.

As I said earlier, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why he's saying this to the media when surely, if he wants to know, he just needs to ring Charnley or Ashley and ask them. I can only summise that Ashley is not telling anyone inside the club a single thing. :dontknow:

Go on Stevie.

As I said earlier, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why he's saying this to the media when surely, if he wants to know, he just needs to ring Charnley or Ashley and ask them. I can only summise that Ashley is not telling anyone inside the club a single thing. :dontknow:

He's asking the PL to hurry up and make their decision, no? Charnley and Ashley can't give Bruce that answer.