Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

His message has been pretty consistent throughout.

Not saying he hasn't, just think he's been reporting on half truths made by his sources.

Maybe that's a good sign.  The other stuff is sorted so now they're moving on to, um, the absolute basics of a takeover?

That’s how I see it too

[clutching at straws]

Today was one of the most spirited and energised performances I've seen from us in some time. Our players have never shied away from a challenge and I know Bournemouth are bad, but it was almost like everyone to a man was playing for their shirt today.

Considering Lascelles has been in contact with Ashley over this, I wonder if something has been said to them to make them believe it's nearing a positive conclusion[/clutching at straws]

[clutching at straws]

Today was one of the most spirited and energised performances I've seen from us in some time. Our players have never shied away from a challenge and I know Bournemouth are bad, but it was almost like everyone to a man was playing for their shirt today.

Considering Lascelles has been in contact with Ashley over this, I wonder if something has been said to them to make them believe it's nearing a positive conclusion[/clutching at straws]

Someone's already asked Caulkin that tonight and he said ner.

[clutching at straws]

Caulkin knows less than half of what he thinks he does.

By all accounts now the consortium are back answering questions re the takeover, it certainly seems like that the communication issued last week from Saudi Arabia has caused a further delay.

It seems like the acting Saudi minister Al Qasabi dropped a clanger by saying all anyone had to do was e mail them. I don’t think this will have undone all the measures they seem to be putting in place, but consensus among the media seems to be it hasn’t helped.

This Al Qasabi aswell as being a minister is also member of the PIF board, let’s hope this is not the link which collapses the separate entity argument.

The good news from our point of view is that he’s not a nominated director for the board of NUFC. However, still looks very clumsy and no doubt this ties in with telegraphs article on seeking clarity of relationship with government.

As Masters said earlier this week they just want to see a positive response from Saudis to WTO report, they have every chance to seal this deal let’s hope there’s no more gaffs from this Al Qasabi bloke.

[clutching at straws]

Caulkin knows less than half of what he thinks he does.

He knows how to do ambiguity.

Yep. Still think it’s a case of when not if it happens. Hopefully later this month so we can celebrate before the second spike arrives :lol:

Agreed. Caulkin summed it up in a tweet saying opportunity for PL to get major investment but also sort out piracy simultaneously. That’s clearly the reason it’s taking so long (I hope anyway)

The players know as little as we do. As much as I enjoyed the match yesterday, I think the result was just a fair reflection on the league table.

I’m actually fully expecting the form to dip when the takeover goes through as you’re going to have a bunch of these guys worried about their future.

Yep. Still think it’s a case of when not if it happens. Hopefully later this month so we can celebrate before the second spike arrives :lol:

Agreed. Caulkin summed it up in a tweet saying opportunity for PL to get major investment but also sort out piracy simultaneously. That’s clearly the reason it’s taking so long (I hope anyway)

I used to pirate the games, I don't now because I can get every game in HD for about £5 a month.  Maybe they should think about that.

I used to pirate the games, I don't now because I can get every game in HD for about £5 a month.  Maybe they should think about that.

Using what? are we allowed to discuss this?

Does the bumbling nature of some of Saudis decisions unnerve anyone at all?

Just seems a series of own goals when it's totally avoidable. Let's hope if the takeover goes through they install someone who knows what they're doing and don't micromanage the fuck out of it.

Does the bumbling nature of some of Saudis decisions unnerve anyone at all?

Just seems a series of own goals when it's totally avoidable. Let's hope if the takeover goes through they install someone who knows what they're doing and don't micromanage the fuck out of it.

Maybe a case of having that much cash flow makes them a bit reckless at times, as they know full well they can always chuck more money at an issue to resolve it. 

Guest Gazibaldi

How much are you willing to pay per month before you return to pirating? Pirating does tend to be a problem of availability and value. If it's not available, I will pirate it. If it's available but the value the provider has placed on it doesn't align with my value of it, I will pirate it.

I'd happily pay about £150 a year to watch any PL game I want whenever I want (on demand and live). We don't have that facility, and will never get that facility because it'll end up split across countless providers all wanting their cut (leading to the value problem again). So what do you do? In my case I don't watch them, but I understand why some watch pirate streams.

I used to pirate games on PC all the time. I was young at uni and I didn't value them as much. Steam came along, money was less of a concern as I began working. Steam provided me with a convenient and valuable system to access them. I stopped pirating games.

Using what? are we allowed to discuss this?

Using my legitimate China Telecom TV subscription. All legal, 100%.

Gazibaldi[/member] I'd probably give it up at about £10 a month, max. People on here talk about their subscription costs and to me it just seems mental. I could easily afford more but I just don't think it's worth it.  I wouldn't pay £50 for a pint even if I was gasping so why should sky or whoever get to rip me off?

Yeah Sky is normally £48/month for football, so that's what, £576 a year for a handful of Newcastle games. Fuck that.

I guess if you place actual value on watching Watford vs Aston Villa or whoever too then fair enough it makes it a better deal, but I just watch us. I have Netflix for normal TV and don't need anything more there either, so I place no value on their "normal" channels either. I'd just be paying £48/month for whatever Newcastle games they show. No thanks.

And whilst I do feel a twinge of remorse at pirating "watchable" Newcastle games, I feel absolutely none at streaming them when they're not even on in the UK. That is a victimless crime to me.