Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Remember when we used to get 'ITK' rumours of announcements, with times and dates attached to them?

I actually miss those days. The last 3 weeks its just been utter radio silence. There's not even been any excitement. :(

Remember when we used to get 'ITK' rumours of announcements, with times and dates attached to them?

I actually miss those days. The last 3 weeks its just been utter radio silence. There's not even been any excitement. :(

3 weeks of no Miguel Delaney trying to wind fans up and passing it off as journalism.

Yeah, that's been a positive, certainly. But there's also been no positive news.

We used to get all kinds of rumours that an announcement was coming. Part of me wonders if these were accurate, that something WAS supposed to be happening on some of those dates, but another letter arrived or whatever and things got pushed back. Now we don't even get the rumours anymore.

I guess what I'm saying is that it used to feel perpetually close to a resolution. There was excitement. Now it doesn't feel remotely close, even though we're further along in time. It just feels frustrating and annoying.

Yeah, that's been a positive, certainly. But there's also been no positive news.

We used to get all kinds of rumours that an announcement was coming. Part of me wonders if these were accurate, that something WAS supposed to be happening on some of those dates, but another letter arrived or whatever and things got pushed back. Now we don't even get the rumours anymore.

I guess what I'm saying is that it used to feel perpetually close to a resolution. There was excitement. Now it doesn't feel remotely close, even though we're further along in time. It just feels frustrating and annoying.

I think it’s more to do with the fact that no one has ever known anything at all about it really and now it’s been that long and that many false dawns, no one is bothering giving a date because no one will believe them anymore.

https://apple.news/A4umpNjvDSGCv9ecSbjwuxw

Forty-seven people - including those suspected to have been involved in the deaths of a Saudi journalist and a Russian auditor - have been included on a new UK sanctions list.

Under a new UK-only sanctions regime, those individuals are the first to have been designated for sanctions.

They include:

- 20 Saudi nationals involved in the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi;

- 25 Russian nationals involved in the mistreatment and death of auditor Sergei Magnitsky, who uncovered widespread corruption;

- two high-ranking Myanmar generals involved in violence against Rohingya people and other ethnic minorities.

Two organisations involved in forced labour, torture and murder in North Korea's gulags have also been listed.

Announcing the new sanctions regime, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab told the House of Commons: "Today this Government and this House sends a very clear message on behalf of the British people.

"Those with blood on their hands, the thugs of despots, the henchman of dictators will not be free to waltz into this country to buy up property on the King's Road, to do their Christmas shopping in Knightsbridge or frankly to siphon dirty money through British banks or other financial institutions."

So the 5 soon-to-be executed Saudis who were convicted of the Khashoggi murder and the 3 with 24-year sentences now can't do business with us anymore. Bet they're devastated. That's them told. :lol:

Complete fucking waste of time, as anticipated.

Forty-seven people - including those suspected to have been involved in the deaths of a Saudi journalist and a Russian auditor - have been included on a new UK sanctions list.

Under a new UK-only sanctions regime, those individuals are the first to have been designated for sanctions.

They include:

- 25 Russian nationals involved in the mistreatment and death of auditor Sergei Magnitsky, who uncovered widespread corruption;

- two high-ranking Myanmar generals involved in violence against Rohingya people and other ethnic minorities.

Two organisations involved in forced labour, torture and murder in North Korea's gulags have also been listed.

Announcing the new sanctions regime, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab told the House of Commons: "Today this Government and this House sends a very clear message on behalf of the British people.

"Those with blood on their hands, the thugs of despots, the henchman of dictators will not be free to waltz into this country to buy up property on the King's Road, to do their Christmas shopping in Knightsbridge or frankly to siphon dirty money through British banks or other financial institutions."

:lol: :lol: :lol:  Half of London is owned by people with blood on their hands, and the British banks are awash with dirty money. FFS, Raab really is an idiot among idiots.

So the 5 soon-to-be executed Saudis who were convicted of the Khashoggi murder and the 3 with 24-year sentences now can't do business with us anymore. Bet they're devastated. That's them told. :lol:

Complete fucking waste of time, as anticipated.

Yup. If the uk had any balls they’d throw this at the feet of the royal family, but they don’t so we throw out this offensive token effort. It’s more shameful and disrespectful than doing nothing imo. It’s admitting there’s an issue but doing nothing about it.

On the other hand, it seems difficult for the PL to try to enforce higher standards than the British government themselves.

Really? :lol:

Well that's my hope.

In reality, fuck knows.

They include:

How long before the BBC/Guardian/Sun/Mirror/Mail/Express/Times have an article about how this will derail the takeover

They include:

How long before the BBC/Guardian/Sun/Mirror/Mail/Express/Times have an article about how this will derail the takeover

Just been on the BBC Newcastle news there claiming a set back in the takeover, which prompted me to visit this thread.

So nothing to worry about then? Surely if the Saudi Royal Family aren’t on there then we are sound.

Have to be honest, I am totally lost as to where this stands now.

You and everyone else except the 3 or 4 dudes making the decision.

Why and when did you become Ian H?