Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Yeah it was a good listen I found.

His main "concern" is Saudis pride. If they stand firm and plead completely innocence is piracy without willing to make or do any changes then their is a big chance the PL will not let them in "the club"

Fwiw I think SA see this as a real opportunity to be bigger and better than Qatar on the World stage and SA will do everything needed to keep the PL happy.

Haven’t they already relented with the anti piracy measures they have put in place.

Yeah he mentioned that and it's certainly a start. He said ideally the best thing for SA to do is kind of build a relationship with Bein and play by the book. (allowing Bein to have broadcast rights in SA for example) However this is highly unlikely due to the massive political issues between them.

It's all very confusing and yoi can see why this is taking an absolute age to get passed by the PL.

Guest awaymag

His main "concern" is Saudis pride. If they stand firm and plead completely innocence is piracy without willing to make or do any changes then their is a big chance the PL will not let them in "the club"

Fwiw I think SA see this as a real opportunity to be bigger and better than Qatar on the World stage and SA will do everything needed to keep the PL happy.

Haven’t they already relented with the anti piracy measures they have put in place.

Yeah he mentioned that and it's certainly a start. He said ideally the best thing for SA to do is kind of build a relationship with Bein and play by the book. (allowing Bein to have broadcast rights in SA for example)

It's all very confusing and yoi can see why this is taking an absolute age to get passed by the PL.

So what's happened to the O&D test then......  seems that has been put to one side now and it's basically, please play nice with BEIN.  Farce!

Yeah he mentioned that and it's certainly a start. He said ideally the best thing for SA to do is kind of build a relationship with Bein and play by the book. (allowing Bein to have broadcast rights in SA for example)

So what's happened to the O&D test then......  seems that has been put to one side now and it's basically, please play nice with BEIN.  Farce!

Yep exactly that. This is the perfect opportunity for the PL to get SA to play ball after trying for so long to end the piracy issues. Like GC said, money talks and the PL want Saudi money. This will get sorted, just have to keep waiting.

Fucking hell, I know there's (inexplicably) no timescale on these tests, but the geopolitical issues that are being raised around this takeover now don't seem to be the kind of issues can be neatly resolved, if ever

You're surely talking years for Saudi Arabia even to build up the relations necessary to work with BEIN

f***ing hell, I know there's (inexplicably) no timescale on these tests, but the geopolitical issues that are being raised around this takeover now, don't seem to be the kind of issues can be neatly resolved, if ever.

You're surely talking years for Saudi Arabia even to build up the relations necessary to work with BEIN

Masters would be fine with that timescale  :lol:

Guest godzilla

Yeah he mentioned that and it's certainly a start. He said ideally the best thing for SA to do is kind of build a relationship with Bein and play by the book. (allowing Bein to have broadcast rights in SA for example) However this is highly unlikely due to the massive political issues between them.

Let's see what happens this week, Masters said he hoped shortly (this is being quoted in every media article now also) and by golfmags info about Yasir Al-Rumayyan meeting with Premier League and the Government (prior to today's announcement) the clock is counting down and getting louder to an announcement.

What a load of bollocks, political relations between 2 country’s has fuck all to do with the premier league and the O&D test, and shouldn’t have even been mentioned by the premier league to PCP and the PIF, I hope they absolutely rinse the PL if this takes much longer

Let's see what happens this week, Masters said he hoped shortly (this is being quoted in every media article now also) and by golfmags info about Yasir Al-Rumayyan meeting with Premier League and the Government (prior to today's announcement) the clock is counting down and getting louder to an announcement.

We have been saying let’s see what happens this week for about 7 weeks now.

Guest godzilla

There has been some pretty major moves the last week though with Masters and the meeting with Yasir Al-Rumayyan

What a load of bollocks, political relations between 2 country’s has f*** all to do with the premier league and the O&D test, and shouldn’t have even been mentioned by the premier league to PCP and the PIF, I hope they absolutely rinse the PL if this takes much longer

Agree with this, it's one thing the FA asking the Saudis to make more of an effort to tackle piracy over their football games, it's completely outside their remit to push for anything when there's obvious political implications between the countries involved.

There has been some pretty major moves the last week though with Masters and the meeting with Yasir Al-Rumayyan

Yeah I’m not disagreeing, just feel like we have literally got no reason left for there not to be a decision yet still we are waiting.

Something not quite right about this reported PL stance.

I refuse to believe the PL bosses expect any real actions to tackle piracy.. in the Middle East of all places. That's simply unrealistic. Are they deluded enough to expect complete cooperation from KSA authorities? How will they track the progress - number of new BeIN customers? Number of arrests made?

I don't doubt that the Saudi side are promising things and stringing them along but there must be some realism from the PL's side. They're dealing with one of the world's most powerful oppressive dictatorships, not the EU's IP office.

What a load of bollocks, political relations between 2 country’s has fuck all to do with the premier league and the O&D test, and shouldn’t have even been mentioned by the premier league to PCP and the PIF, I hope they absolutely rinse the PL if this takes much longer

all part of the fun when nations are allowed to buy football clubs

Just reject it or give it the green light already. Sick of waiting.

One part of me want to wait for the saudis because it would be so nice when it finaly happens.

But one part of me says it won't happen, so reject it now so others (Mauriss, whoever?) can come in before next season.

Feel pretty sure Ashley wont come back and really wants out this time. I'm just tired of this waiting now and just want it sorted one way or another.

One part of me want to wait for the saudis because it would be so nice when it finaly happens.

But one part of me says it won't happen, so reject it now so others (Mauriss, whoever?) can come in before next season.

Feel pretty sure Ashley wont come back and really wants out this time. I'm just tired of this waiting now and just want it sorted one way or another.

:scared:

I’d sooner wait than it be rejected like. If it’s rejected I’m out.

Same

I’m the same too. I haven’t been back to St James after Rafa left and my interest would dip further if the takeover fails

I always assumed if they said no to the Saudi's then it would be Staveley + Reuben's with the Saudi's trying to get on board via an appeal, whether that be a few months or a few years down the line.

I’m not sure this would be the case given they are both minority shareholders.