Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I've seen people suggest she almost seemed too prepared for the Newcastle section, as if it were script prepared for her. She apperantly wouldn't say who she thought ordered the killing, but was adamant it should be blocked. And also that we want it blocked apperantly.

It was weird. She seemed almost ambivalent when she was asked about getting justice for her ex fiancé, almost to the point where you would think she couldn't have cared less then they get onto the NUFC takeover and it was as if somebody had flicked a switch inside her and her eyes lit up. I had to watch it back again,  it seemed so peculiar.

Almost as if English was her second language, and she's been shoved on a trash talk show having only been briefed in any real detail about interests which are relevant to UK/Nufc. Surely she must realise she's being used as a pawn in a big political chess game by now..

If that is the case I'd hope for her sake that she's being well rewarded for being so. I'm sure the Qataris will be looking after her.

About Khasoggi the world only knows what they want to know i.e. the brutal death which was atrocious and wrong.

I think we’ll never know for sure that Khasoggi and Cengiz were genuinely innocent civilians or whether there was a wider spy game in place for which they willingly put themselves in the crosshairs. The context of what happened in the weeks and months before this will always be unknown.

Ignore her, makes no difference.

I’m now though past even checking this thread daily.Let Ashley the cunt and a Bruce the bigger cunt get on with it.

I’m taking up another sport, no idea what  :lol:

Guest chopey

Ignore her, makes no difference.

I’m now though past even checking this thread daily.Let Ashley the cunt and a Bruce the bigger cunt get on with it.

I’m taking up another sport, no idea what  :lol:

Camel Racing, Hawk Hunting, Sand Surfing ?

I've seen people suggest she almost seemed too prepared for the Newcastle section, as if it were script prepared for her. She apperantly wouldn't say who she thought ordered the killing, but was adamant it should be blocked. And also that we want it blocked apperantly.

It was weird. She seemed almost ambivalent when she was asked about getting justice for her ex fiancé, almost to the point where you would think she couldn't have cared less then they get onto the NUFC takeover and it was as if somebody had flicked a switch inside her and her eyes lit up. I had to watch it back again,  it seemed so peculiar.

Almost as if English was her second language, and she's been shoved on a trash talk show having only been briefed in any real detail about interests which are relevant to UK/Nufc. Surely she must realise she's being used as a pawn in a big political chess game by now..

If that is the case I'd hope for her sake that she's being well rewarded for being so. I'm sure the Qataris will be looking after her.

Only while she's useful. At best she'll be dropped like a stone once they're done with her, at worst she should probably try to avoid going in to any embassies

About Khasoggi the world only knows what they want to know i.e. the brutal death which was atrocious and wrong.

I think we’ll never know for sure that Khasoggi and Cengiz were genuinely innocent civilians or whether there was a wider spy game in place for which they willingly put themselves in the crosshairs. The context of what happened in the weeks and months before this will always be unknown.

This is it for me, no doubting the outcome (State ordered hit which wasn’t as clean as they’d hoped) but what led to this situation will never be made clear. Khashoggi certainly wasn’t a just a civilian, he had far too many dealings with the royal family and terrorist organisations to be whiter than white.

As for her, no idea. She comes across fake and paid for by Qatar and she makes it easy for people to target her as such with interviews like this where she seems to know and care nothing about him, but fully versed in why the takeover shouldn’t happen.

What makes me think is if SA needed him on Saudi soil/embassy then how do they make him. What would make him go there? Not many options, apart from the one he went for. Was that planned? Make him quickly fall in love. Wouldn’t be that much of a surprise twist in all this. But that said if she was involved I’m sure it would have been leaked to discredit her, I also think if there was the slightest evidence pointing to this, even though she didn’t, they have leaked that also.

So all that leads me back to she’s just unfortunately met someone with a dodgy past which caught up with him and now she, just like NUFC is caught up in this political storm and her crusade for justice for him has turned in to something else driven by Qatar. No way all this is off her own back.

Honestly though I would be doing the exact same in her situation, Qatar backing or not. I have every sympathy for her and this is what happens when you open the door to so much money pouring into the league from anywhere. We haven't opened that door, it's been open a while. Man City's owners and Chelsea's are both pretty dubious. Other people are just as bad is hardly a good argument, but equally fit and proper is about if they credibly able to own the club and not stiff everyone.

Quite frankly if I were in charge of the league I would be demanding fans have meaningful stakes in club and be blocking the likes of Sheikh Mansour, Saudi Arabia, those dodgy asset strippers at Man U. The league would be poorer and be unable to bring in I guess the Paul Pogba's of the world but also clubs would be safeguarded long term from mad spending and owners loading clubs with endless debt.

But I'm not in charge of the league, and it is all built to get money money money in at expense of all else, which is why i thought this would go through. But if it doesnt go through this will be on the piracy (I maintain that of course Bein would object, and Staverley and co should have come in better prepared, Saudi Arabia could have cut the piracy before starting the takeover and wonder if we'd be there by now, however they basically only did it when they had to which doesnt look much better) or on some other factor not known to us. No matter how much international diplomacy is involved at the end of the day a big broadcasting partner has a lot of sway not unreasonably. If it gets blocked the league will then take a big victory lap pretending they did it cos they have morals after all.

I am not 'against' the takeover I really hope it happens cos this is the real world and clubs are owned by crap like this and it will bring hope and investment to the area, I will never be against that. But it kinda is preposterous.

Honestly though I would be doing the exact same in her situation, Qatar backing or not. I have every sympathy for her and this is what happens when you open the door to so much money pouring into the league from anywhere. We haven't opened that door, it's been open a while. Man City's owners and Chelsea's are both pretty dubious. Other people are just as bad is hardly a good argument, but equally fit and proper is about if they credibly able to own the club and not stiff everyone.

Quite frankly if I were in charge of the league I would be demanding fans have meaningful stakes in club and be blocking the likes of Sheikh Mansour, Saudi Arabia, those dodgy asset strippers at Man U. The league would be poorer and be unable to bring in I guess the Paul Pogba's of the world but also clubs would be safeguarded long term from mad spending and owners loading clubs with endless debt.

But I'm not in charge of the league, and it is all built to get money money money in at expense of all else, which is why i thought this would go through. But if it doesnt go through this will be on the piracy (I maintain that of course Bein would object, and Staverley and co should have come in better prepared, Saudi Arabia could have cut the piracy before starting the takeover and wonder if we'd be there by now, however they basically only did it when they had to which doesnt look much better) or on some other factor not known to us. No matter how much international diplomacy is involved at the end of the day a big broadcasting partner has a lot of sway not unreasonably. If it gets blocked the league will then take a big victory lap pretending they did it cos they have morals after all.

I am not 'against' the takeover I really hope it happens cos this is the real world and clubs are owned by crap like this and it will bring hope and investment to the area, I will never be against that. But it kinda is preposterous.

Thing is, other people are just as bad is a perfectly valid argument. If you allow one in, you allow them all.

If you were in charge of the league, and fans had a stake in their clubs, they would not be blocking the likes of Mansour and Abramovich. Both clubs fans would welcome them with open arms, as would the majority of us with the PIF.

Of course fans would let them in, and while I was envisoning saying I would block them as a league because potential long term damage to a club becoming the mouth piece of a regime, however actually that may be uneccessary if fans had genuine power at a club, the fans could welcome them and enjoy the money etc and then have a genuine say on getting rid of them if damaging to the club.

Again I just think it shouldn't be forgotten, that while it will be brilliant if we can bring proper top quality football to newcastle at last and if there's investment in the area, that at the end of the day football clubs are too important to be subject to the whims of fickle owners and used as poltical footballs by owners, and by international governments linked to owners etc etc.