Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

I get it guys! She wasn't his wife, only his fiancee, that's not of any relevance to the point I was making, but well done lads!

Why do you not go and support another club then, as the only thing I have seen you contribute on within the footballing part of the forum is the takeover and your anti-thoughts on it.

I get it guys! She wasn't his wife, only his fiancee, that's not of any relevance to the point I was marking, but well done lads!

Aye, whatever she is she can go and fuck herself now like. Time for being sympathetic is long gone, she is specifically targeting NUFC and getting paid to do so by Qatar.

I get it guys! She wasn't his wife, only his fiancee, that's not of any relevance to the point I was making, but well done lads!

This isn't a bite, I'm just curious as to what your purpose is here? What is your end goal?

That’s right lads - the UK government imposing sanctions upon the close friend of MBS who oversaw the murder of a journalist actually makes the takeover more likely to be approved.

This didn't age very well then...

Can we stop going on about her?

She will crop up every so often until the deal has been concluded one way or another. If it is approved she will crop up again with one last hurrah. It honestly doesn’t matter if she was his wife or not. Of course Qatar are behind her having a go at this deal. In return she’s trying to get at Saudi Arabia anyway she can. She knows Qatar will drop her as soon as they are finished with her, but if she can get a small victory or make some noise along the way then she may see it consolation and very well prepared to accept that scenario.

No she probably can’t point to Newcastle on a map, no she won’t become a fan of ours if the deal was somehow rejected, and no she doesn’t give a fuck if a load of football fans from a club she’s probably never heard of, from a city she’s never heard of dislike her, and no she won’t care about us either way. Greg has already said how Masters isn’t happy with her, and I doubt going on daytime TV to get all the Karen’s angry at the Premier League is going to go down too well.

It’s pointless keeping on going on about it. There is going to be many people and fans of other clubs who will kick up a fuss about us, and no they won’t give a fuck about what the alternative means for us. Man City fans will have the same stuff thrown at them, PSG at them, even Chelsea with their Russian connections. Guess what, no one’s opinion matters, it doesn’t change who owns us, and quite frankly we should stay away from trying to defend it or have our morals called into question. People are going to think what they think, and we have spent long enough trying to get rid of Ashley and the rest of the world to listen to know that even what we have to say doesn’t matter.

Guest reefatoon

About Khasoggi the world only knows what they want to know i.e. the brutal death which was atrocious and wrong.

I think we’ll never know for sure that Khasoggi and Cengiz were genuinely innocent civilians or whether there was a wider spy game in place for which they willingly put themselves in the crosshairs. The context of what happened in the weeks and months before this will always be unknown.

This is it for me, no doubting the outcome (State ordered hit which wasn’t as clean as they’d hoped) but what led to this situation will never be made clear. Khashoggi certainly wasn’t a just a civilian, he had far too many dealings with the royal family and terrorist organisations to be whiter than white.

As for her, no idea. She comes across fake and paid for by Qatar and she makes it easy for people to target her as such with interviews like this where she seems to know and care nothing about him, but fully versed in why the takeover shouldn’t happen.

What makes me think is if SA needed him on Saudi soil/embassy then how do they make him. What would make him go there? Not many options, apart from the one he went for. Was that planned? Make him quickly fall in love. Wouldn’t be that much of a surprise twist in all this. But that said if she was involved I’m sure it would have been leaked to discredit her, I also think if there was the slightest evidence pointing to this, even though she didn’t, they have leaked that also.

So all that leads me back to she’s just unfortunately met someone with a dodgy past which caught up with him and now she, just like NUFC is caught up in this political storm and her crusade for justice for him has turned in to something else driven by Qatar. No way all this is off her own back.

Could she be upset that her husband was murdered in a gruesome fashion, and then cut up in pieces?

Not it has to be Qatar, no doubt about it. She is nothing but a pawn.

Bonkers.

You have to be massively naive if you think she is doing this off her own bat like.

I thought my post was quite balanced! No one can claim to know the context of the killing one way or the other

Rompe isn't looking for balance, his aim is to pick out the extreme of a post and run with that. Twist it to fit his narrative. Nothing to see here apart from a terrible wum.

Everyone critical of Saudi Arabia is of course a Qatari bot, as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has done no evil in it's history.

The defense of Saudi Arabia is really bizarre, I hoped that the fans would be capable of being critical and/or reflected regarding this takeover and Saudi Arabia, but that has proven to be a hopelessly naive thought.

I've spent countless months working in Saudi, I know enough of their failings first hand (and good points) as a country, and I'll certainly be critical of them when appropriate. There's lots wrong with Saudi Arabia politically. But you know what? I judge the owner of my football club on the basis of how they run the football club.

Mike Ashley has catastrophically failed there.

I'm not a journalist, I'm not an MP, I'm not an Amnesty International activist. I'm just a football fan, and Newcastle are my club, they always will be. Ultimately, my primary judgement on the owner of my club will be based on how they run that club. Provided that aspect is done well, I'll leave the finger-pointing and tutting to those whose job it is to tut and point fingers at those other things. I will probably even vocally agree with them whilst they do it, but I can let shit slide to a large extent if we're being well-run. And by well-run, I couldn't give a toss about winning anything, I just want a well-run club which tries its hardest to compete and uses its own revenue to reinvest in its facilities and staff. If the British government see fit to keep trading with the Saudis and the Queen will have lunch with them, then why should football fans be expected to hound them out and deny themselves the pleasure of supporting a team which is being well-run and hell, may even win something for the first time in the memory of anyone who doesn't actually need drugs to survive?

What I've had over the last decade and a bit is a shell of a club, with a man owning it stripping all the revenue out of it so the club shops are just re-badged Sports Directs and we get nothing from the sales, we don't get the catering money, half the adverts are for SD with him paying a token fee for the privilege. He just uses us as a glorified advertising hoarding for his tatty, chav sports shops, targeting 17th each year whilst spending the least he humanly can just so he can keep that advertising hoarding on TV whilst stating openly that trying to win a cup doesn't make economical sense ffs. Screw enduring even a single second more of that, it's fucking miserable.

If this goes through I may hate the new owners for their politics, but I'll take them gladly to end a decade of hating the whole club which is far worse, so that I can fill what has frankly become a void in my life on match days. I'll take so that I can stop wanting my own team to lose because getting out of the Premier League for an extended period seemed the only way to get rid of Ashley so I could have a team that actually tries again, even if in a lower division, a team whose successes, however relative, and however modest would at least be something I could enjoy because the club would be trying to improve. Not being able to support your own football club is horrible, and it's not like most of us can pick another one either. I just want a team to support again, even if I can't support the owners. I just want to enjoy matchdays again, supporting a club that wants to be the best it can be. Football has always been a big part of my life from my childhood onwards, I've been stuck in limbo for a decade and that vacuum has been awful.

So no, I cannot and will not ever oppose this takeover.

Fuck me, here we go with the morality lectures again.

Evil Newcastle fans ignoring the plight of Yemen putting a blight on the fair and lovely Premier league.  :jesuswept:

Sorry that i haven't yet drunk the Saudi kool-aid.

Maybe when we buy Gareth Bale and Coutinho I too will start defending Saudi Arabia, and defaming Khashoggi and his widow.

For the record I have never defamed the widow or defended Saudi Arabia, all I have done on here is accept the PL is up for sale and so are we. Given that, I would rather we were bought by an owner who will make us one of the top clubs, and if that's PIF then I'm in 100%.

Got that? 100%.

Our government has killed 70,000 of its own citizens, openly chasing a herd immunity policy for Covid19 because they thought it might be a bit better for the economy (It wasn't). Yet I'm supposed to get pissy about one journalist to the extent that I start wanting to keep Mike Ashley? Get the fuck out of here.

Yeah, what happened to him was terrible, genuinely so. I'm not belittling it. But I'm 70,000 times more angry with the Tories than I am with Saudi Arabia right now.

About Khasoggi the world only knows what they want to know i.e. the brutal death which was atrocious and wrong.

I think we’ll never know for sure that Khasoggi and Cengiz were genuinely innocent civilians or whether there was a wider spy game in place for which they willingly put themselves in the crosshairs. The context of what happened in the weeks and months before this will always be unknown.

This is it for me, no doubting the outcome (State ordered hit which wasn’t as clean as they’d hoped) but what led to this situation will never be made clear. Khashoggi certainly wasn’t a just a civilian, he had far too many dealings with the royal family and terrorist organisations to be whiter than white.

As for her, no idea. She comes across fake and paid for by Qatar and she makes it easy for people to target her as such with interviews like this where she seems to know and care nothing about him, but fully versed in why the takeover shouldn’t happen.

What makes me think is if SA needed him on Saudi soil/embassy then how do they make him. What would make him go there? Not many options, apart from the one he went for. Was that planned? Make him quickly fall in love. Wouldn’t be that much of a surprise twist in all this. But that said if she was involved I’m sure it would have been leaked to discredit her, I also think if there was the slightest evidence pointing to this, even though she didn’t, they have leaked that also.

So all that leads me back to she’s just unfortunately met someone with a dodgy past which caught up with him and now she, just like NUFC is caught up in this political storm and her crusade for justice for him has turned in to something else driven by Qatar. No way all this is off her own back.

Could she be upset that her husband was murdered in a gruesome fashion, and then cut up in pieces?

Not it has to be Qatar, no doubt about it. She is nothing but a pawn.

Bonkers.

She's not his widow, she wasn't his wife. Thry knew each other as long as this takeover has gone on, so no surprise she has nothing to say about him and everything to say about nufc.

I've remained open minded on her, he however was a terrorist sympathiser, who would have thought the US deserved 9/11 more than anyone you are trying to pick arguments with.

Right, Khashoggi evil, Saudi Arabia good. Got it.

Why is she so fixated on PIF's acquisition of NUFC though and not their other investments in cruise lines, Disney, Google, etc? Doesn't mean she's wrong about Saudi's immorality but she's also clearly being used by Qatar. It's farcical how transparent it is really.

Guest reefatoon

Get's canny annoying when some armchair activists, who have probably done the sum of fuck all about anything going on in Saudi apart from tutting at the TV, come in accusing everyone of this, that and the other.  If your so strong on your own opinions, go out and do something about it, fight your fight, instead of popping onto a football forum to try and bash football fans of wanting better for their football club. Your stance is fine, but don't expect everyone to drop and follow your take on things. Boring as fuck man.

Everyone critical of Saudi Arabia is of course a Qatari bot, as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has done no evil in it's history.

The defense of Saudi Arabia is really bizarre, I hoped that the fans would be capable of being critical and/or reflected regarding this takeover and Saudi Arabia, but that has proven to be a hopelessly naive thought.

I've spent countless months working in Saudi, I know enough of their failings first hand (and good points) as a country, and I'll certainly be critical of them when appropriate. There's lots wrong with Saudi Arabia politically. But you know what? I judge the owner of my football club on the basis of how they run the football club.

Mike Ashley has catastrophically failed there.

I'm not a journalist, I'm not an MP, I'm not an Amnesty International activist. I'm just a football fan, and Newcastle are my club, they always will be. Ultimately, my primary judgement on the owner of my club will be based on how they run that club. Provided that aspect is done well, I'll leave the finger-pointing and tutting to those whose job it is to tut and point fingers at those other things. I will probably even vocally agree with them whilst they do it, but I can let shit slide to a large extent if we're being well-run. And by well-run, I couldn't give a toss about winning anything, I just want a well-run club which tries its hardest to compete and uses its own revenue to reinvest in its facilities and staff. If the British government see fit to keep trading with the Saudis and the Queen will have lunch with them, then why should football fans be expected to hound them out and deny themselves the pleasure of supporting a team which is being well-run and hell, may even win something for the first time in the memory of anyone who doesn't actually need drugs to survive?

What I've had over the last decade and a bit is a shell of a club, with a man owning it stripping all the revenue out of it so the club shops are just re-badged Sports Directs and we get nothing from the sales, we don't get the catering money, half the adverts are for SD with him paying a token fee for the privilege. He just uses us as a glorified advertising hoarding for his tatty, chav sports shops, targeting 17th each year whilst spending the least he humanly can just so he can keep that advertising hoarding on TV whilst stating openly that trying to win a cup doesn't make economical sense ffs. Screw enduring even a single second more of that, it's fucking miserable.

If this goes through I may hate the new owners for their politics, but I'll take them gladly to end a decade of hating the whole club which is far worse, so that I can fill what has frankly become a void in my life on match days. I'll take so that I can stop wanting my own team to lose because getting out of the Premier League for an extended period seemed the only way to get rid of Ashley so I could have a team that actually tries again, even if in a lower division, a team whose successes, however relative, and however modest would at least be something I could enjoy because the club would be trying to improve. Not being able to support your own football club is horrible, and it's not like most of us can pick another one either. I just want a team to support again, even if I can't support the owners. I just want to enjoy matchdays again, supporting a club that wants to be the best it can be. Football has always been a big part of my life from my childhood onwards, I've been stuck in limbo for a decade and that vacuum has been awful.

So no, I cannot and will not ever oppose this takeover.

Great post and pretty much encapsulates my thoughts on the takeover too  :thup:

Our government has killed 70,000 of its own citizens, openly chasing a herd immunity policy for Covid19 because they thought it might be a bit better for the economy (It wasn't). Yet I'm supposed to get pissy about one journalist to the extent that I start wanting to keep Mike Ashley? Get the fuck out of here.

Yeah, what happened to him was terrible, genuinely so. I'm not belittling it. But I'm 70,000 times more angry with the Tories than I am with Saudi Arabia right now.

I'm not going to get into it again apart from saying this but its not like Khassoggi is the only victim of Saudi Arabia. Also there's a difference between incompetence causing deaths and intentionally killing people

Why do you not go and support another club then, as the only thing I have seen you contribute on within the footballing part of the forum is the takeover and your anti-thoughts on it.

Get out of our forum, get out of our forum, you anti-takeover bastard, get out of our forum.

I'm not going to get into it again apart from saying this but its not like Khassoggi is the only victim of Saudi Arabia.

True, but I bet you still can't make it add up to more than 70k over the past 4 months.

Also there's a difference between incompetence causing deaths and intentionally killing people

Not to the people who are dead as a result, they're still just as dead.

And don't for one second say that us having all these Covid deaths is incompetence, because it isn't. Johnson sat on TV and suggested we "take it on the chin". Cummings was quoted as saying in a briefing that if a few thousand pensioners had to die then so be it. The government only changed from a herd immunity plan when they learned that well over 250,000 deaths would be required to achieve it and they stopped, not because those deaths were unpalatable to them, but that they'd be unpalatable to the public.

The deaths we're seeing now absolutely ARE malice from this government. Just because they didn't actually cut someone's head off doesn't make them any less responsible.