NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

We're suddenly discussing whether Pochettino is good enough for us. What a crazy world we live in :lol:

I want Rafa back but would welcome Pochettino with open arms. That level of appointment is what we all dream of.

Guest neesy111

I'd still take Poch as 1st or 2nd choice, but I still think he's not world class yet.  World class get's used too much imo.

Emotially speaking, Rafa is my first choice for what he'd do and restructure the club from top to bottom. You know he loves us and for everything he done for us - especially if it involved sourcing Staveley's interest - he absolutely sure as shit deserves the chance to finish what he started and win us a trophy.

In other circumstances, had Spurs not sacked Poch I would have took Jose. Not for his pedigree and I'm unconvinced about him as a top manager in todays game now, however again I'd have loved him to have won a trophy for us. He's always been extremely complimentary about the club, the fans and Bobby was like a father figure to him. Again, him winning us a trophy and dedicating it to "Mr. Robson" and the fans would have been a massive tear-jerker.

Thinking about it with a level-head, I think for the type of football Poch plays and his experience in quickly improving teams - see how he quickly transformed Southampton to European contenders and Spurs to title challengers from their previous positions - I think he's the perfect man for the job.

I think Poch would be great.  I understand some of the criticisms leveled at him.  But also feel they're not allowing for the Levy factor.  As I've said on here, I have a lot of match going Spurs mates and to a man, they all loved him.  Seems to think he'd be a great fit for us. 

Would still rather Rafa or Allegri, mind.  At least they are proven.

Going all the way to the CL final is not an achievement?

Yes, it is.  Not a trophy, though.  Unless you get participation ones like some schools dish out.

I like Poch and the football his teams play.  I'd be over the moon if we got him.  I'd just rather Allegri or Rafa.  I think they're proven winners and at this stage of their careers, better managers and arguably a safer option.

The most important point is the football he plays. The other two as much as successful they are there football style is boring. With the world richest owners we can afford to be entertain and go from there to win trophies. If Poch was allowed to buy more players at Spurs he would have won more trophies.

Poch is such an in the box appointment man.

Really? He is the only one on the list who can excite us with his football. I am glad the new owners see it like that.

This confirm to me they mean business.

If it isn’t going to be a top tier manager along the lines of Rafa, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Tuchel etc I’d rather we’d have gone a bit more interesting than Poch like Bielsa or even Galtier. Someone of that style.

I don’t hate Poch I think he’s a good manager but I’ve never really seen Spurs as this exciting style people seem to keep mentioning nor has he really achieved anything for a £19m per year contract.

I’m a big believer in trusting supports who watch it though and like Lush Vlad has said a few times his Spurs mates still hold him in high regard so I’m probably wrong. What it is is a wonderful problem to be discussing rather than the usual issues.

Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa

I think Poch would be great.  I understand some of the criticisms leveled at him.  But also feel they're not allowing for the Levy factor.  As I've said on here, I have a lot of match going Spurs mates and to a man, they all loved him.  Seems to think he'd be a great fit for us. 

Yes, it is.  Not a trophy, though.  Unless you get participation ones like some schools dish out.

I like Poch and the football his teams play.  I'd be over the moon if we got him.  I'd just rather Allegri or Rafa.  I think they're proven winners and at this stage of their careers, better managers and arguably a safer option.

The most important point is the football he plays. The other two as much as successful they are there football style is boring. With the world richest owners we can afford to be entertain and go from there to win trophies. If Poch was allowed to buy more players at Spurs he would have won more trophies.

I can't comment too much on Allegri, although I know it is the usual stereotypical Italian cautious approach. 

As for Rafa, the gameplan was often different depending who we played.  Once we finally had some half-decent attacking players.  The football was much better than people seem to give him credit for.  Back end of his last season was often great to watch. 

Really? He is the only one on the list who can excite us with his football. I am glad the new owners see it like that.

If it isn’t going to be a top tier manager along the lines of Rafa, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Tuchel etc I’d rather we’d have gone a bit more interesting than Poch like Bielsa or even Galtier. Someone of that style.

I don’t hate Poch I think he’s a good manager but I’ve never really seen Spurs as this exciting style people seem to keep mentioning nor has he really achieved anything for a £19m per year contract.

I’m a big believer in trusting supports who watch it though and like Lush Vlad has said a few times his Spurs mates still hold him in high regard so I’m probably wrong. What it is is a wonderful problem to be discussing rather than the usual issues.

You consider this two as top manager???? It is crime to compare them to Poch. Ohh dear what I am reading?

You consider this two as top manager???? It is crime to compare them to Poch. Ohh dear what I am reading?

Facts 😂

Pragmatism =/= Boring football, when will thick cunts understand this about Rafa?

Pochettino's teams don't play some fantasy sexy football either, he just had great attacking players at Spurs.

l dont hate Rafa. I also think what the new owners decide is very bold. It is what we need a fresh start.

I can't comment too much on Allegri, although I know it is the usual stereotypical Italian cautious approach. 

As for Rafa, the gameplan was often different depending who we played.  Once we finally had some half-decent attacking players.  The football was much better than people seem to give him credit for.  Back end of his last season was often great to watch.

l dont hate Rafa. I also think what the new owners decide is very bold. It is what we need a fresh start.