NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Although being employed at another club, contracts etc, may well force the new owners to wait until all seasons are finished one way or another in order to get their man. It’s easier done after a seasons end for a manager to leave his club than to do so during the playing season.

Imagine Bruce being kept on for the 20/21 season. Honestly think it would break me :lol:

Plus £150million to spend ha.

He’d spend the whole of next season banging on about how he’s taken the club further than Rafa who had 1p to spend.

Just anybody but Bruce please.

No sentiment, no sympathy. Short, concise statement basically saying 'thanks Steve but we've got our own managerial team coming in. Bye and good luck.'

Get it over and done with straight away and build on what we've got. 9 competitive games should be enough to show the new bloke exactly what he's working with, who he wants to bin /keep. It's the perfect situation to walk into. No friendlies, no pissing about, let's see who wants to stay and who couldn't give a fuck. Impress the new boss or leave type of thing.

No sentiment, no sympathy. Short, concise statement basically saying 'thanks Steve but we've got our own managerial team coming in. Bye and good luck.'

Get it over and done with straight away and build on what we've got. 9 competitive games should be enough to show the new bloke exactly what he's working with, who he wants to bin /keep. It's the perfect situation to walk into. No friendlies, no pissing about, let's see who wants to stay and who couldn't give a fuck. Impress the new boss or leave type of thing.

Spot on

Pochettino or Nagelsmann for me.

Both play offensive football and could both build something for the future.

Steve Bruce’s football is pretty offensive in itself tbf.

Assuming there is no immediate other success under the new regime would you rather:

1. We win FA Cup and Bruce starts next season as manager

2. Don’t win Cup and start next season with a new manager

2, not because of my dislike for Bruce though.

Unless FFP is amended we have to spend very wisely if we are to challenge. The thought of Bruce spending this is terrifying and the the effects could be lasting.

I would want to win the FA Cup.  Seems an obvious choice. 

Just how much luck would that bloated mollusc need to win an FA Cup with us?

I suppose the biggest slice of luck could have already happened, that the virus led to Dubravka being fit for Man City

Assuming there is no immediate other success under the new regime would you rather:

1. We win FA Cup and Bruce starts next season as manager

2. Don’t win Cup and start next season with a new manager

2, every day of the week.

Same here. The thought of winning something under Bruce is offensive really.

Anyone answering 1 deserves an ASBO.

Wanting to win a trophy (first time in most fans lifteime) is deserving of an ASBO?

I dislike Bruce but it's easily 1

In a world where we don’t have irony, yes - fetch me my ASBO gun.

Ummmm I certainly think your approach is short-sighted. A cup would be great for sure - wasting yet more time with a patsy dinosaur for a manager would not be great.

1 all day. Seems stupid logic to be excited to have new owners who will want us to win trophies but to also turn your nose up at winning the FA Cup. Bruce wouldnt finish next season with option 1 anyway.

He’ll get turned over by Man City if/when it goes ahead anyway.

Exactly. It's not going to happen, so why would you create an imaginary scenario where that blimp wins a trophy? Fuck off with that.

If Rafa is prepared to come back and he’s seen as the person to oversee the whole project - from transfers to coaching to setting up the academy etc, 20m to buy him out of a contract really isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things

If Rafa is prepared to come back and he’s seen as the person to oversee the whole project - from transfers to coaching to setting up the academy etc, 20m to buy him out of a contract really isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things

Thought you could just hand your notice in in China? Have I imagined that?