NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

• 3 weeks later...

"Bruce has waited 16 years for the chance to manage his boyhood club"

Aye, waited 16 years for the chance, yet turned it down the two times he was offered the job during those 16 years.

'Boyhood club' indeed.

"Bruce has waited 16 years for the chance to manage his boyhood club"

Aye, waited 16 years for the chance, yet turned it down the two times he was offered the job during those 16 years.

'Boyhood club' indeed.

In the article it says "Bruce has waited most of his career to take charge at St James’ Park, after passing up the chance to succeed Sir Bobby Robson 16 years ago".

So apparently he was offered the job of his dreams in 2004, said no thanks I am going to keep managing Birmingham, then he started "waiting".

Really need for him to get shown up in the last set of games, and for us to barely then scrape staying up.

Don't want any faint idea of the guy being given any kind of time in the job going into next season, should the takeover ever go through.

Really need for him to get shown up in the last set of games, and for us to barely then scrape staying up.

Don't want any faint idea of the guy being given any kind of time in the job going into next season, should the takeover ever go through.

Ideally we win today and get something on Wednesday, then get smashed every game. We'll be safe with another couple of points, and with no threat of relegation and we can start planning for next season soon as we want to.

Are we forgetting Sir Bob turned us down once? If not giving Bruce a chance, I'd rather go for someone totally different. My understanding is that he will be getting some time though.

SBR was at Barcelona and had made a promise not to break his contract. Bruce was at Birmingham City and didn’t take it because he was either cowardly, or stupid. If not giving Bruce a chance you want someone totally different? Am I missing something? As opposed to what? Do you mean totally different to anyone we’ve had before (ie Rafa?).?

Given we've no chance of the cup, I'm hoping City put on a 10-0 performance to rubbish all the talk of Brewcie's cup heroics

I may be wrong with the 'turned it down twice' thing, but he was linked with job when Souness was sacked and he was still Birmingham manager, and then again when Keegan left in 2008 and he managed Wigan.

Pretty certain he did turn it down again or at least distance himself from it on either/both occassions.

Of course we know how loyal a bloke Steve is, so hardly surprising he turned down and/or distanced himself from his boyhood club on so many occassions.

I may be wrong with the 'turned it down twice' thing, but he was linked with job when Souness was sacked and he was still Birmingham manager, and then again when Keegan left in 2008 and he managed Wigan.

Pretty certain he did turn it down again or at least distance himself from it on either/both occassions.

Of course we know how loyal a bloke Steve is, so hardly surprising he turned down and/or distanced himself from his boyhood club on so many occassions.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/12/steve-bruce-threatened-with-a-shovel-by-his-family-when-offered-newcastle-united-job/

He was offered the job when Birmingham manager and turned us down. Then ‘regretted it ever since’...

• 10 months later...
30 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Think with some of the comments recently there’s a good chance Bruce won’t be here next season. 

Who would you go for?

Probably out of our reach with Ashley as owner but Martinez would be my choice. Obviously depends if he leaves Belgium after the Euros but with Jones already here he might consider it.