Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Relegation would not end Saudi interest.

When Mike Ashley refused to lower the price watch it fast become an issue. No one is spending £360m on a championship club

I genuinely believe the landscape is such at the minute that even Ashley would cut his losses. Last time we went down he had to loan the club 40 to 60 million. With the current losses even greater due to Covid I think your talking an even greater amount.

We know he’s a gambler but promotion for a 3rd time at the 1st attempt ? He’s not a complete fool, I think he would maybe accept 200 million, and a further payment on promotion. It’s also been rumoured of sweeteners for Fraser group branching out into Saudi.

That’s 3 respected journalists now confirming relegation is not a deal breaker, obviously no one wants relegation but potentially a safety blanket if the worst happens.

Hope you are right. It would be peak Newcastle to finally get the dream takeover and get relegated

You know what at this point I’d take Saudi ownership in the championship, as opposed to Ashley in the premiership. We’d have the finance to compete straight away on promotion, and the excitement level would be back.

But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and we survive.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier today, I think other poor teams will help keep us up this season!

There has been a blanket warning from admin about the standard of posts in here so for this reason I’m not willing to get in to a back and forth with you. It’s not an insult I genuinely believe you to be deluded. It’s a constant stream of nonsense from you saying the same things time and time again. You are arguing that we wouldnt be a championship club is just wrong, factually wrong.

I like your positivity to a point but honestly man reign it in.

When Mike Ashley refused to lower the price watch it fast become an issue. No one is spending £360m on a championship club

I genuinely believe the landscape is such at the minute that even Ashley would cut his losses. Last time we went down he had to loan the club 40 to 60 million. With the current losses even greater due to Covid I think your talking an even greater amount.

We know he’s a gambler but promotion for a 3rd time at the 1st attempt ? He’s not a complete fool, I think he would maybe accept 200 million, and a further payment on promotion. It’s also been rumoured of sweeteners for Fraser group branching out into Saudi.

That’s 3 respected journalists now confirming relegation is not a deal breaker, obviously no one wants relegation but potentially a safety blanket if the worst happens.

Hope you are right. It would be peak Newcastle to finally get the dream takeover and get relegated

You know what at this point I’d take Saudi ownership in the championship, as opposed to Ashley in the premiership. We’d have the finance to compete straight away on promotion, and the excitement level would be back.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier today, I think other poor teams will help keep us up this season!

That the same poor teams who've won the following points over the last five league games?

Sheff Utd: 6

WBA: 3

Fulham: 3

Brighton: 5

NUFC: FUCK ALL

Burnley: 9

Let’s hope so undoubtedly it would be best to avoid any renegotiation of the deal due to relegation, given Ashley’s past track record of being difficult to deal with.

Ashley could sell for reduced price if relegated and then go after PL for shortfall!

They have illegally restricted trade and he has been adversely affected!

I was thinking that as well. Although the PL would probably think it's a bit of a cheek to lump the blame for his rotten handling of the club on them.

There has been a blanket warning from admin about the standard of posts in here so for this reason I’m not willing to get in to a back and forth with you. It’s not an insult I genuinely believe you to be deluded. It’s a constant stream of nonsense from you saying the same things time and time again. You are arguing that we wouldnt be a championship club is just wrong, factually wrong.

I like your positivity to a point but honestly man reign it in.

Yes, the Admin posts are excellent, and will help a lot. I actually love how you continue to argue while at the same time saying you "will not", and also I love how you say that your insults are actually 'beliefs'. Excellent stuff.

Anyway, I look forward to you debating sensibly and without 'beliefs' !!

That the same poor teams who've won the following points over the last five league games?

Sheff Utd: 6

WBA: 3

Fulham: 3

Brighton: 5

NUFC: FUCK ALL

Burnley: 9

Yes, those ones, exactly.

Poor teams like us and those ones you list, do not often go on 'significantly long' runs of good performances.

That would be unusual.

If the shite starts in here then the same rules will apply. Shite & drivel = temp ban :thup:

Yes, I will avoid "the shite" even when I am attacked, as I accept the point you made on the other thread that a 'response' is as annoying as the attack!

From my reading of the Athletic article, the consortium would complete the takeover if relegated but it would be a "pain in the arse" and they would revisit the fee. But we are very much the "right" club.

Ashley increased the asking price on completion of last season so he hasn't got much of a leg to stand on.

Ashley has had other interest but is not engaging with anyone else as PIF are paying in one hit and there are other opportunities.

Obviously might change and relegation would be fucking annoying (for fans especially!) but doesn't seem a deal-breaker (usual caveats on buyer sources etc)

From my reading of the Athletic article, the consortium would complete the takeover if relegated but it would be a "pain in the arse" and they would revisit the fee. But we are very much the "right" club.

Ashley increased the asking price on completion of last season so he hasn't got much of a leg to stand on.

Ashley has had other interest but is not engaging with anyone else as PIF are paying in one hit and there are other opportunities.

Obviously might change and relegation would be f***ing annoying (for fans especially!) but doesn't seem a deal-breaker (usual caveats on buyer sources etc)

Yeah Mark Douglas, Caulkin and Louise Taylor have all indicated they’d remain interested. Certainly encouraging but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

It’s a positive article, but it even indicates the positivity is coming from the buyers, again.

Bein Jacobs is more positive, but also realistic that relations in KSA/Qatar are likely to take a long time to resolve.

There is nothing to suggest this is close, sadly. The managerial changes and potential shift with Bruce to DOF suggests the complete opposite.

Maybe it will happen, one day. But I’m tired of it all now and just want a resolution so I can either fuck it off for good or enjoy my football club again. The constant media articles/tweets/ITK rehashing the same meaningless guff with no real news needs to change into some form of action.

It’s a positive article, but it even indicates the positivity is coming from the buyers, again.

Bein Jacobs is more positive, but also realistic that relations in KSA/Qatar are likely to take a long time to resolve.

There is nothing to suggest this is close, sadly. The managerial changes and potential shift with Bruce to DOF suggests the complete opposite.

Maybe it will happen, one day. But I’m tired of it all now and just want a resolution so I can either fuck it off for good or enjoy my football club again. The constant media articles/tweets/ITK rehashing the same meaningless guff with no real news needs to change into some form of action.

That’s why we are in this Thread.The media\tweets/hearsay\articles all provide a lighthearted view to the day and keep us going during these dark days.

Obviously might change and relegation would be f***ing annoying (for fans especially!) but doesn't seem a deal-breaker (usual caveats on buyer sources etc)

Yeah Mark Douglas, Caulkin and Louise Taylor have all indicated they’d remain interested. Certainly encouraging but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

You're a big fan of the 3 amigos, they are currently actually giving a more realistic outcome with relegation.

You're a big fan of the 3 amigos, they are currently actually giving a more realistic outcome with relegation.

I’m listening mate and I’ve already said today negotiating a price with Ashley after relegation could be problematic. However, let’s not underestimate Staveley’s absolute determination to get this done.

I agree though the best outcome is to stop up to avoid this situation.

The position seems to be more like that the issue of beIN broadcasting could have potentially been a way of getting it through before arbitration, it shouldn't actually impact on the arbitration case.

Ultimately that is not the PL's official issue, it's whether the Saudi state should be named as a director. It seems from what's been reported that the arbitration process could conclude mid Feburay / March, in which case the issues with beIN would be irrelevant (assuming that the club win).

I’m listening mate and I’ve already said today negotiating a price with Ashley after relegation could be problematic. However, let’s not underestimate Staveley’s absolute determination to get this done.

The best solution is to get rid of Bruce; and the longer Ashley keeps him in a job, the more likely relegation may happen. We can't afford to wait until end of Ferbuary/March for the arbitration to be concluded to resolve that. The number of games played and potential points lost could be the difference between staying up and going down.

The fact that this Jones has been brought in to maybe take over if Bruce is sacked is a very worrying aspect also (given his previous record). Robert Lee's tweet about this was rather telling giving that his son played under him.

The best solution is to get rid of Bruce; and the longer Ashley keeps him in a job, the more likely relegation may happen. We can't afford to wait until end of Ferbuary/March for the arbitration to be concluded to resolve that. The number of games played and potential points lost could be the difference between staying up and going down.

The fact that this Jones has been brought in to maybe take over if Bruce is sacked is a very worrying aspect also (given his previous record). Robert Lee's tweet about this was rather telling giving that his son played under him.

I don’t disagree let’s hope for a miracle tomorrow.

:thup:

Tell you what I can undertand people not watching it because of Wraith mind. You get into some interesting chat and then he goes off on a tangent showing photos and tweets, which de-rail the whole thing.

Tell you what I can undertand people not watching it because of Wraith mind. You get into some interesting chat and then he goes off on a tangent showing photos and tweets, which de-rail the whole thing.

There’s some decent craic I like listening to Hastie and Mitch. Sounds like Longstaff hasn’t travelled absolute disgrace in our current situation, the kids been ruined by Bruce and co.