Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

That guy has been spouting his opinion on things and passing it off as it’s true for ages.

Wasn’t he once a member on here?

No idea if he was on here, but a good bloke with connections.

He's certainly a good bloke but you have to doubt his connections. Also shows the PL are still pushing against this.

If Jacobs is correct this could be a big moment next week for the takeover. If Bein is reinstated then I would imagine both WTO appeal and Bein lawsuit will be dropped.

This will be the difference between getting Rafa or being stuck with Graham Fucking Jones, never has so much been at stake for this club.

Not everyone’s cup of tea on here, but I think a credible viewpoint on the current state of play.

At this point it may be in everyone’s interest to get this sorted without legal action, and this tweet is consistent with line from NCSL.

- If arbitration fails, there may be other legal routes to go down.

:scared:

It’s either a positive result in the arbitration or bust for me. Other legal routes could take years to resolve and who’s to say they would get a positive outcome also. Looks like the arbitration still has a month to run also, so we’ll all just have to wait.

This part of the Twitter thread has a key statement that aligns with my thinking:

relegation would not jeopardise the deal although it would be considered "a serious pain in the arse."

To my thinking, if PIF were to do the things they were planning to do (bring back Rafa or another high-quality manger; invest in quality players) then a season in the Championship would result in a highly probable promotion at the first attempt and would only delay PIF's plans for the club in the PL by one year.  Assuming PIF's plans for NUFC are 10-20 years (i.e. it's not a short term investment) then a one year delay would be annoying but nowhere near devastating.  Any business with long term investment plans knows (and has experienced) delays to projects that push timelines out (sometimes by many years).  So a single year delay to their NUFC project would not phase them very much, in my opinion.

This part of the Twitter thread has a key statement that aligns with my thinking:

relegation would not jeopardise the deal although it would be considered "a serious pain in the arse."

To my thinking, if PIF were to do the things they were planning to do (bring back Rafa or another high-quality manger; invest in quality players) then a season in the Championship would result in a highly probable promotion at the first attempt and would only delay PIF's plans for the club in the PL by one year.  Assuming PIF's plans for NUFC are 10-20 years (i.e. it's not a short term investment) then a one year delay would be annoying but nowhere near devastating.  Any business with long term investment plans knows (and has experienced) delays to projects that push timelines out (sometimes by many years).  So a single year delay to their NUFC project would not phase them very much, in my opinion.

How would a season in the championship affect FFP assuming we came back up with PIF backing ?

I agree relegation will not be a deal breaker, however the Athletic article suggests they will want to renegotiate price. Then Ashley will have to make the decision, gamble on promotion or cut his losses. It maybe a more structured deal around further payments after promotion could be agreed.

I’d happily take a season in championship under new ownership, under this lot it would be a blast.

How would a season in the championship affect FFP assuming we came back up with PIF backing ?

If we broke FFP rules which would be hard to do as you usually go on a 3 year average and still have some spill over, the we would likely get a fine, possibly suspended.

It would be hard to implement anything else though. Leicester for example were guilty of not adhering to FFP and barely got a slap on the wrist.